TV Fixtures

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OrrMakesItThree
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: TV Fixtures

Post by OrrMakesItThree »

Until all fans start to organise and collaborate nothing is going to change. Plenty, including myself, will bitch and moan. Some, including myself, will miss games either through personal protest or logistics. But only concerted & significant boycotts of the ground will result in a change of attitude from the TV companies, leagues and clubs themselves. A crowd of 10 or 15k in the Emirates with no away fans would force the issue to be seriously looked at. Until then, they treat us like sh*t and we keep turning up. :crest:
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Looks like the rest of the January games have been chosen and looks like Wolves and Everton are untouched ( I think ).
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

OrrMakesItThree wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm Until all fans start to organise and collaborate nothing is going to change. Plenty, including myself, will bitch and moan. Some, including myself, will miss games either through personal protest or logistics. But only concerted & significant boycotts of the ground will result in a change of attitude from the TV companies, leagues and clubs themselves. A crowd of 10 or 15k in the Emirates with no away fans would force the issue to be seriously looked at. Until then, they treat us like sh*t and we keep turning up. :crest:
Absolutely spot on. I will always remember an interview Ken Bates did years ago when he was the supremo at Chelsea. It was aradio phone in and fans were bitcjing that tickets were too expensive and people were being priced out of watching. "Nonsense" said Bates, "in fact I could argue tickets are too cheap because we're selling out every week". Not quite the same point but certainly pertinent. Full houses , at least in commercial terms, means everything in the garden is rosy.

But as you say if T V games were regularly featuring half empty stadia the appeal of broadcasting them would be diminished.
Col Hammer
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Col Hammer »

Feb TV changes are up on official site - 3 out of 4 games selected

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-uni ... -confirmed
Resident
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Resident »

Kermit wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:14 am Absolutely spot on. I will always remember an interview Ken Bates did years ago when he was the supremo at Chelsea. It was aradio phone in and fans were bitcjing that tickets were too expensive and people were being priced out of watching. "Nonsense" said Bates, "in fact I could argue tickets are too cheap because we're selling out every week". Not quite the same point but certainly pertinent. Full houses , at least in commercial terms, means everything in the garden is rosy.

But as you say if T V games were regularly featuring half empty stadia the appeal of broadcasting them would be diminished.
The exact opposite actually.
Companies lining up to have banners replacing empty seats.

During lockdown they were stopped.

Would make tv companies richer. And be worth a lot more to the clubs.
Bubbles Murray

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Col Hammer wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:08 pm Feb TV changes are up on official site - 3 out of 4 games selected

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-uni ... -confirmed

Is it possible that the Spurs game could move again? If their Champions League fixture the following week is on a Tuesday could they move our game back to Saturday again?
Resident
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Resident »

Bubbles Murray wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:21 pm Is it possible that the Spurs game could move again? If their Champions League fixture the following week is on a Tuesday could they move our game back to Saturday again?
They are playing on the 14th..And have no fixture on the 21st or 22nd.

Full fixtures available via Google and how it works.
Bubbles Murray

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Resident wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:31 pm They are playing on the 14th..And have no fixture on the 21st or 22nd.

Full fixtures available via Google and how it works.
Thanks Resident, I wasn't sure, the site I looked at had 14/15th and 21/22 👍
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Looks like trains on strike Christmas eve until 27th.

Be difficult for those going to Arsenal game.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

bonzosbeard wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:49 pm Looks like trains on strike Christmas eve until 27th.

Very few trains on Boxing Day anyway.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

bonzosbeard wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:49 pm Looks like trains on strike Christmas eve until 27th.

Does the strike effect the London Underground?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Just seen Brentford away in the FA Cup is on at 5:30pm now !
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

March fixtures due out today...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2647056
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ And they will be this afternoon. Which makes a change for them to be on time.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3037314

Brighton stays at Saturday 3pm, Villa and Man City moved to the Sundays as expected due to Conference League last 16
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

April broadcast fixtures out in 30 minutes. Lots of *** matches dues to unknowns in Europe and FA Cup. Should include our postponed home match against Newcastle.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

West Ham United's Premier League fixture changes for April have been confirmed.

Our home match against Southampton will now be played on Sunday 2 April, with kick-off at 2pm. Sky Sports will broadcast this fixture live in the UK.

Next, our home match against Newcastle United, which was postponed in September, has been rearranged for Wednesday 5 April. This match will kick-off at 8pm and will also be shown live in the UK by Sky Sports.

The derby fixture against Arsenal at London Stadium will now kick-off at 2pm on Sunday 16 April, with this match also on Sky Sports.

BT Sport will screen our home game against Liverpool on Wednesday 26 April, with kick-off at 7.45pm.

Finally, the away game at Crystal Palace remains on Saturday 29 April, but will now kick-off at 12.30pm as BT Sport have chosen to broadcast the Selhurst Park clash live in the UK.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Palace away at 12.30 is annoying

2pm's on a Sunday are also annoying, as they make it a day of nothingness
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Needs to be something in place for teams in the EL or ECL that games that dont need to be moved to Sunday (Like saints at home) should stay on a Saturday.

There are plenty of games that have to be moved to sunday for European commitments, use them for TV is need be
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

That is disappointing as I will now have to miss the Saints game due to work.