Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by wolf359 »

Fury should just box, comes over as such a moppet at times when he talks. Though is mental health stuff was well worth listening to.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

“Gappy tooth” :D
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Can't believe that lasted almost 11 rounds. Fury battered him, i hope Chisora says thank you to Tyson for going easy on him after the 3rd
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Chisora kept in there way too long, his corner needs to look at itself tonight and ask if they acted in chisoras interest. He looked a mess from the early rounds and fury clearly held back cause he didn’t wanna hurt him more. When the refs asking you to think about pulling your fighter that’s usually a good indication and I actually feel bad the ref having to keep that going when he clearly wanted it to end. Fight went and ended as most expected, a nice (result and damage aside) send off for Chisora who if he has sense will retire from the cheque he gets tonight

Not sure Usyk v Fury will happen anytime soon seems like it’s gonna be one of them clashes that takes an age to make. Joyce next for fury would be good to watch but think Joyce wouldn’t have anywhere near enough. Another potential retirement send off at his age (he started late but is 37 and may not get a better chance)
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I'm not sure AJ has a chin as strong as Chisora
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Anyone else think it’s all just a parody of itself?

All the trash talk at the end followed up with hand shakes and selfies. :thumbdn:
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

PlaistowIron wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:18 pm Glorified sparring session.

Hope Del Boy got a decent pay packet and calls it a day.
3 million quid and 20% of the ppv
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Hammer Matty wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:39 pm Chisora kept in there way too long, his corner needs to look at itself tonight and ask if they acted in chisoras interest. He looked a mess from the early rounds and fury clearly held back cause he didn’t wanna hurt him more. When the refs asking you to think about pulling your fighter that’s usually a good indication and I actually feel bad the ref having to keep that going when he clearly wanted it to end. Fight went and ended as most expected, a nice (result and damage aside) send off for Chisora who if he has sense will retire from the cheque he gets tonight

Not sure Usyk v Fury will happen anytime soon seems like it’s gonna be one of them clashes that takes an age to make. Joyce next for fury would be good to watch but think Joyce wouldn’t have anywhere near enough. Another potential retirement send off at his age (he started late but is 37 and may not get a better chance)
Usyk wants to return around April so that's perfect timing for Fury's next fight.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Fury post fight interview

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Dubois post fight interview

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

simonirons wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 pm Anyone else think it’s all just a parody of itself?

All the trash talk at the end followed up with hand shakes and selfies. :thumbdn:
The post fight comeraderie (please excuse my spelling) has always been there.

The trash talking, at least from a UK point of view) is relatively recent.
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 685 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

Fury vs Usyk just needs to be made now. No more p*sing about. The two best heavyweights on the planet by a country mile. Let’s see them box.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

simonirons wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 pm Anyone else think it’s all just a parody of itself?

Yup. Faux beef to sell tickets. Very few genuinely dislike each other - why would they they’re all making bank together? Usyk and Joyce are going to make a fortune because of Tyson Fury. They probably love him. :)
The punches are real once it starts though.

That said last night was an exhibition after the third round pasting.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Shabu wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:02 am Usyk wants to return around April so that's perfect timing for Fury's next fight.
I don't think there's a hope in hell that happens next. Fury will be pretty confident in pocketing another £20m or so for a defence against Joyce.

Usyk late next year. In Saudi :thdn:
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Reckon it’ll be Fury v Usyk in April in the Middle East.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Taylor v Catterall rematch pushed back again.

This means Taylor will have only fought once each in 2020, 2021 & 2022. Shame as he's one of the most talented uk fighters I've seen.

https://www.boxingscene.com/taylor-catt ... ch--170949
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Gervonta Davis meets Hector Luis Garcia of the Dominican Republic in January having already lined up a fight with Ryan Garcia if he wins.

HLG is no mug. Good amateur pedigree and has upset a few favourites in his pro career, winning the WBA Super Feather title last time out.

He's 16(10)-0 while Davis is 27(25)-0.

Davis has to be a big favourite but a cheeky tenner on Garcia could be fun. We don't know his upper level yet. Plus Gervonta has platueud a little in recent fights.

Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Shabu wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:02 pm Taylor v Catterall rematch pushed back again.

This means Taylor will have only fought once each in 2020, 2021 & 2022. Shame as he's one of the most talented uk fighters I've seen.

https://www.boxingscene.com/taylor-catt ... ch--170949
I’m still angry about the decision in his fight against Catterall. His comments following that robbery were a bit muggy as well.
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Shabu wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:20 am Gervonta Davis meets Hector Luis Garcia of the Dominican Republic in January having already lined up a fight with Ryan Garcia if he wins.

HLG is no mug. Good amateur pedigree and has upset a few favourites in his pro career, winning the WBA Super Feather title last time out.
Boxing’s most competitive division imo.

I actually think Lomachenko is still the best boxer in that division but a mixture of injuries, covid, war and just plain old bad luck has meant he missed out on his golden years and there’s a new generation coming through now.

Davis, like Ryan Garcia, is a huge talent but I find it so difficult to actually ascertain just how good these kids are as their opponents really are cherry picked for them

Haney looks like the real deal, but then again so did Teofimo Lopez, who I always thought would be world champ just not so early in his career, who then lost to Kambosos.

It will be interesting to see who ends up on top in this division over the next few years. I just want to see the best fighting the best so fair play to Davis and Garcia for stepping up when (or if!) it eventually happens.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Carl Froch is being inducted into the boxing hall of fame next year. It's in upstate New York.

I've always wanted to go. Probably the ideal time now. Can visit Montreal and Quebec too. Never been to either.