🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game Logistics Thread

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

Train prices seem to have gone crazy suddenly - I was just looking at tickets down next Thursday to get my Eurostar and they seem to be double what they normally are.
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 pm Yes it does look that way. Not a lot of hotel places either and they’re expensive.

I was checking for Liverpool away and there’s only a few trains available again at high prices. There’s no strikes and normally lots of ways to get there, but not for sale and no offers. WTF is going on?
Seen this conversation elsewhere today, but there isn't really such a thing as a 'sold out' train in the UK. You might not be able to buy an advance ticket with a seat reservation, but failing all else you can buy a return ticket at the station on the day and get on whatever train you want.

Got a ridiculous situation at the moment where badly staffed train companies are literally trying to stop people from using their services.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Anyone know of a spare seat in a car or coach going on Thursday and coming back after the game or on Friday?

Asking for someone else.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm Belgiums another country i find it difficult to get a decent meal in, so just the one night in Brussels.

Out on the 9.01 Thurs, back Friday about the same time.

Be warned - do not leave it to the last minute to rock up at St Pancreas, allowvat least an hour unlesscyou hanve booked the premier class tkt.
:D Seems like quite a few of us on these, pinky :thup:
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:11 pm 4 of us Eurostar on Weds, two nights Brussels back Friday am.

It is a dump around Midi. Any recommendations for bars and restaurants please?
Try Delirium if you like a strong (very) beer............. Ended up leaving there and couldn't even follow directions on Google maps. Nice detour around the red light district before I see sense and got a very expensive cab back to the hotel :chin:
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

3times wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:14 am Try Delirium if you like a strong (very) beer............. Ended up leaving there and couldn't even follow directions on Google maps. Nice detour around the red light district before I see sense and got a very expensive cab back to the hotel :chin:
Now that was a night to remember
⚒⚒🍺🍺🍺🍺⚒⚒
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Yes Delirium was a very good place last year the night before Genk - I’ll definitely be heading there later, so hopefully get to say hello to some Kumbers!
3times

Post by 3times »

My daughters boyfriend will no doubt be in Delirium later, as will be Romfords' son. Along with my son they were the ones responsible for me getting w..kered last time 🙄

Gutted I haven't gone now.........
3times

Post by 3times »

West Ham Dave wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:30 am Now that was a night to remember
⚒⚒🍺🍺🍺🍺⚒⚒
Proper moody area to be walking round on your own..........
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 405 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

I went to Seville and Lyon and saw those matches but missed out on a Frankfurt match ticket but was till out in Mainz/Frankfurt for a week either side of the match and in the city centre for match night.
Bucharest match ticket sorted at 1pm today and I already had Ryanair flights bought pretty recently - out Tuesday 1st early afternoon and back Friday tea time. Hotel just booked near the Old town at £120 for three nights.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Waiting my turn on Bucharest match ticket, but booked flights regardless. Out morning Tuesday 1st with Wizz Air and back Friday afternoon. Hotel near Old Town at £140 for 3 nights.

I wanted to drive the Transfăgărășan Highway (Top Gear's best road in the world), but it is normally shut by the time I'm there due to the snow. There's a chance that global warming may melt anything there and I get a day out.
3times

Post by 3times »

Wembley1966 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 pm Waiting my turn on Bucharest match ticket, but booked flights regardless. Out morning Tuesday 1st with Wizz Air and back Friday afternoon. Hotel near Old Town at £140 for 3 nights.

I wanted to drive the Transfăgărășan Highway (Top Gear's best road in the world), but it is normally shut by the time I'm there due to the snow. There's a chance that global warming may melt anything there and I get a day out.
Same as us (apart from flying out Wednesday). We have got a 3 bedroom (sleeps about 8) Air BnB for the 3 of us.

Fancy the 'Highway' but its 200km from Bucharest to start with..............what are the speed limits out there :smiler: :chin:
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

genuine question , are credit cards widely accepted in bucharest ? i dont wish to change uo money im never liable to use again .

only ask as when i used to travel to the czech republic for work many places were cash only , admitidly that was out in the wilds of mlada boleslav
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

We have quite a large group of us going out and lucky enough one of them works with a couple of Romanians who are coming with us .
So basically if there is any local currency left they will buy it of us .
hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hammerofthedogs »

If anyone is interested I have room for 2 or 3 passengers from Bury St Edmunds/Newmarket area to Manchester on Sunday....

Likely drive to Altrincham and jump the metro to Trafford Park...
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

Post by Sawbo »

For anyone in the Margate/ Birchington/ Herne Bay area going to the game v Palace:
Sunday the trains are naused up: It's train/replacement bus service/train to Stratford International.
If anyone has space in the car for an old git, please PM me. I'll be happy to share the petrol cost.
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Train strikes on 5/7/9th November have been called off
Rusa

Category B & C games

Post by Rusa »

Hi,

Can i find somewhere a category list?

Especially for the home game against Nottingham.

Thanks!
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Time to resurrect this thread - Also for anyone interested, Hammers United have a travel group Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hammersunitedtravel

With train strikes it's always useful to know how people will get to games, car share, parking etc etc
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

How are people planning to get to and from Brentford for the FA Cup match?
Train strikes that day and 5.30 kick off?