⚽ Arsenal 3-1 West Ham Utd (26/12/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: ⚽ Arsenal vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

Good post hammerman and that's not just against top Teams either but pretty much whoever we play, we look panicky in possession and revert to type trying to be as solid as possible. We are not brave enough on the ball or have the ideas to break Teams down. We also focus way too much on the oppositions strengths rather than our own and feels like we do half the work on behalf of the opposition to nullify our own game. We don't believe in ourselves and it shows in the way our players perform. Because when our players do believe in themselves they can be very good and trouble most Teams.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The question is will moyes change things and try and improve our possession of the round thing. I doubt it and with no plan B he must go.

brentford h leeds a surely his last matches unless we by some miracle get 4 pts.

personally I think we will lose both against two energetic teams.

I would be on the phone to poch sunday morning and install him after the leeds defeat. he then has some time with it being cup weekend. plus we give him a window with what limited funds we have.

I think layers would be more likely to sign up to a poch style of play than moyes ball.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

There’s no way Poch comes here. I don’t think he could do it to the Spurs fans. Also, I doubt we could afford him anyway.

For me Moyes has 2 games to get some points. None should see him collect his P45. I don’t want to see it get to the point where he is booed and abused by our fans at games. He’s done a brilliant job the last couple of years but it has gone downhill and I just don’t see him doing anything different to reverse it.

Sad times.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

I've read that Arsenal fans say we were the quietest visiting supporters they've had all season.
We do always seem to make less noise at Arsenal than we do at Spurs & Chelsea. Maybe less rivalry, design of ground, we always lose?
Have to say they their support was the best I've seen since they left Highbury.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Sing when they're winning????