⚽ West Ham Utd 0-2 Brentford (30/12/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ALIEN1X
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United v Brentford: Match Thread

Post by ALIEN1X »

Taking into consideration the position we are at and time left till end of the season, I think Moyes will have to make a decide if focus should be Premiereship survival or Confernece League, as i can see doing both and the squad we have?

About time Areloa gets Premiership Games?

Also noticed we never close teams down /intersect passes between oppersition

A few one man players rather than playing as a team supporting each other

Surely there has to be a baord meeting together with the players to see what the issues are.

Cant blame fatigue as there are other teams who also play just as much .ie Spurs, Man u ETC in PL, CL, may be we still need more depth in the squad
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Brentford's first goal is a bit smarter than it first appears.

When the throw is first awarded, titchy Mbuemo takes up a position on the byline and 6 yard intersection.

Dawson instructs Coufal to mark the space next to him. Moments before the throw comes in, Brentford rush a switch so that the 6' 2" Pinnock (?) takes Mbuemo's place creating a mismatch against Coufal - Dawson tries to intervene when the throw comes in but he and Coufal get in each others' way at the header.

Smart.

Getting DaSilva up against Cresswell in a foot race for the second, creates another very straightforward mismatch.
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I didn't see the switch, just Dawson realising too late Coufal was in a missmatch. As you say, very clever