Sad news

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Sad news

Post by Up the Junction »

It appears that Archer MacLean, author of Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker and other classics 80s titles has shuffled off this mortal coil.

He was just 60.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/culture/a ... -years-old

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 2492 likes

Re: Sad news

Post by dasnutnock3 »

And Roger Keane of Crash, too. RIP guys.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:28 pm And Roger Keane of Crash, too. RIP guys.
And so soon after Oli Frey, too. How sad.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1679 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

oh no - Rodger was a top bloke. I knew him well and was always a great night out on the tiles with him. I'm gutted.
binary
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by binary »

RIP to Rodger and Archer. Both massive names in british gaming history. A mate of mine once got a tour of Archer's legendary basement arcade. He says just when you think there couldn't possibly be more games, you go through another door and find another room full of them. Just to further cement his collection kudos, Archer took delivery of a sit down Outrun cab while my mate was visiting. Archer also had a certain sport star's trophies on display which he was looking after to keep them out of the way of a particularly brutal divorce that said star was going through!