NCAA Football

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Re: NCAA Football

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:12 am 38. They’re twisting the knife with 30 secs left in the half.

26 seconds left. TCU should probably take a knee or they could give up another

Btw, where are you right now? In Houston?
glad I opted for an early night and a good book.

a REBUS one by Ian Rankin.

no mate, been back in Cuenca for close to 4+ years now, on and off I've been here close to 8 I think.

let my US residency lapse. partly due to not being able to get back during Covid, then I found out that I needed all of the paperwork again which was not going to work at all.

able to use ustvgo here with a US VPN and of course the usual streaming suspects.

the SEC really are the B-I-G conference with respect to the National Championship these days.

don't want to look it up but would suggest that they've won maybe the last 5 or more ? or 9 out of 10 or something like that.

no wonder their coaches get upward of 12M a season.

:shocker:
WCpete
Has liked: 1486 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

That destruction of TCU, and it could have been by a lot more, was a big blow to the Big 12 Conference. Texas and Oklahoma are leaving for the SEC, and no matter who the B12 bring in to replace them, it's a conference on the decline. The SEC is just too damned powerful now.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:36 pm That destruction of TCU, and it could have been by a lot more, was a big blow to the Big 12 Conference. Texas and Oklahoma are leaving for the SEC, and no matter who the B12 bring in to replace them, it's a conference on the decline. The SEC is just too damned powerful now.
UT and OU might vacuum up some talent that the others cannot keep...

certainly a much more attractive destination for kids.

CBS ALWAYS carries a SEC game in prime time Saturday afternoon. kids wanna be seen...big audiences I would imagine.

ESPN's been carrying quite a lot of LSU games in the evenings too. mate here is a big LSU fans so I know when he whatsapps me as to the score.

in fact we watched a few evening games as he only lives a 10 minute walk from me.
WCpete
Has liked: 1486 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

You could visibly see Nick Saban grinding his teeth during the entire game. Beware the rest of D1, Alabama are angry.