Google Stadia

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

binary
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Re: Google Stadia

Post by binary »

Someone posted on a stadia group a couple of months ago that he'd heard Google were pulling the plug. He was ridiculed, insulted and thrown out the group for spreading 'misinformation'. Guess what? He was absolutely right!
Surprisingly the tech did work, it was just the selection of games that let it down. I dare say it'll resurface somewhere along the line and Amazon or Netflix will offer AAA games at some point as part of a package. There were loads of people who loved not having hardware lying around or downloading updates and stadia really suited their needs.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Service closing next week for good. 18 January.

https://www.pcgamer.com/in-google-stadi ... ts-demise/
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

I bought specifically for FM, which was great however using the directional stick to navigate the menu's mad it unplayable, still one piece of tech I'm getting my money back for, unlike the steamdeck gathering dust under my bed!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

orbital wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:56 pmunlike the steamdeck gathering dust under my bed!!
Not a fan, or just one gadget too many?
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 868 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

I posted before about being gutted about this, still am really.

The frustration is that it would have worked if Google had invested in getting better/more AAA titles on it. I know a few people who have tried steam, Geforce now etc. and they all say the Stadia setup worked better and was easier to pick up and play etc.

I've received my refund on the hardware and software already, and have been making the most of playing a few games until they switch it off.

I am now in the market for a solid gaming laptop though. I missed out on one on offer for about a grand and can't find anything close to it since for that price.
binary
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by binary »

Google are releasing a bluetooth update for the Stadia controller so you can use it with a whole bunch of other systems. Nice to see at least a part of the system will live on.