Gaming Monitor needed

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Gaming Monitor needed

Post by WHU Independent »

My minces are not what they were and I find word processing, emailing and reading text quite difficult on my 28 inch monitor. I've tried changing the settings but, that doesn't seem to work. Also some of the games are a bit small, so I need a bigger monitor. I have a decent rig with dual monitor output so I am thinking of moving the 28 inch over to the 2nd output and buying a bigger monitor as my main.

I've measured up and I think a 34/36 inch will fit. I was lookin at TV's as a moniors and some are really cheap but have decent specs. I'm out of touch with decent PC monitors though, so hence the advice.

I've got a budget of about £500, so any advice please chaps?

TYIA WHUI.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Gaming Monitor needed

Post by Up the Junction »

If you can't just reduce the resolution Indy, the Samsung Odyssey G7 is a decent shout.

32" curved monitor, 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time. My son loves his.

Otherwise push the boat out a little and go for a 48" OLED TV.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Also it could matter which graphic card you are using.

If you have AMD GPU then you might want a FreeSync Monitor.

If you have Nvidia GPU you might want a G-Sync Monitor.

It's all about frame rate if your gaming, others on here will have better knowledge than me.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

42” LG C2 might be the one for you, if you can accommodate the screen size, and can stretch to £700 (will need to wait for a price drop to pay that, but they do happen). 120Hz 4k OLED screen won’t hurt your eyes as much as a backlit low refresh rate screen and the near-instant pixel response time & absence of blooming will help keep things looking crisp.