Five a Side - Goalkeeper rule

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Remo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Five a Side - Goalkeeper rule

Post by Remo »

Not sure I'm posting this in the right forum, but quick five a side question.

I blocked the ball with my chest last night from inside the box, but my momentum took my leg outside the D. Ref gave a penalty.

Obviously, outfield players aren't allowed in the D, but the rules I've read state "If a goalkeeper makes contact with the ball outside of the area, a resulting penalty for the attacking team is awarded."

To me that says, as long as contact with the ball is inside the box, the trailing leg doesn't matter.

Any care to weigh in on that rule?
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Re: Five a Side - Goalkeeper rule

Post by Macca1973 »

I’ve played a lot of 5 a-side down the years and it tends to depend on the individual league rules but in my experience I agree and most refs would ignore ‘breaches’ where your momentum takes you out of the area but no contact made with the ball.

Secondly, never known a penalty to be given anyway. If a defender steps in his own area then the offence has occurred inside the area so penalty awarded. If the offence has happened outside the area then it should be a free-kick.
Remo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Five a Side - Goalkeeper rule

Post by Remo »

Macca1973 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:46 pm Secondly, never known a penalty to be given anyway. If a defender steps in his own area then the offence has occurred inside the area so penalty awarded. If the offence has happened outside the area then it should be a free-kick.
That's a very good point about it being outside of the box, so if anything, a free kick.