Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4165 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Shabu »

I know I've spoke about this on here before but today is a big reminder.

Two years ago the Missus & I took a couple of days off to do a little road trip. California was still in lockdown/restrictions & work was very stressful, so we drove up to Yosemite. The Park was closed but the area around it is gorgeous. Then we zipped across the Santa Cruz to drive back down the Big Sur, one of the best drives in the world.

There's no radio or internet service so for three hours we we cut off. When the radio came back on it was a very frantic news report about the Capitol being attacked, there was 10,000 of them, the police were being overrun, etc etc.

We were f*cking shocked. We had no idea who 'they' were. Chinese? Radical Islamic terrorists? Vegans? We had a few minutes of "What the f*ck is going on?" before we found out it was trump supporters upset because their frat boy lost.

It was definitely a moment I'll never forget.

And I am still stunned that trump hasn't yet been held accountable.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

15th time was a charm. Apparently McCarthy gave everything to the MAGA 20. Everything. All so he could bang the gavel and sit in the big boy chair.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Interesting and readable article on what McCarthy has conceded and at what cost (BBC)
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Not to be outdone by MAGA Jan 6 insurrection, Brazil’s MBGA have launched their own on Jan 8.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/08 ... ticleShare
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:59 pm Not to be outdone by MAGA Jan 6 insurrection, Brazil’s MBGA have launched their own on Jan 8.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/08 ... ticleShare
I'm still disappointed Boris Johnson supporters didn't do this
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

They’re too pale to pull off the look.

Yes, I know this is from a different protest but I thought it was funny.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Shabu wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:05 am I'm still disappointed Boris Johnson supporters didn't do this
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Trump fined $1M for 'frivolous' Clinton lawsuit
A US judge has ordered Donald Trump and one of his lawyers to jointly pay nearly $1m (£809,190) in fines for a "frivolous" lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and others.

The lawsuit accused Mrs Clinton and others of trying to rig the 2016 US presidential election by linking his campaign to Russia.

"This case should never have been brought," wrote US District Judge Donald M Middlebrooks in his order.

Mr Trump has not immediately responded.

The former president's lawsuit, filed last March, accused Mrs Clinton, the Democratic National Committee and others of conspiring to "weave a false narrative" during the 2016 election that his campaign was colluding with Russia to win the race.

Mr Trump had sought $70m in damages.

The suit was dismissed in September, and Mr Trump was fined over $65,000 in fees and penalties in November after one defendant sought sanctions.

Thursday's order came after a group of defendants, including Mrs Clinton, filed a new request for sanctions.

In the ruling, Judge Middlebrooks called Mr Trump a "mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process", and said the lawsuit showed "inadequacy as a legal claim" and that it was intended for a "political purpose".

"No reasonable lawyer would have filed it," he said.

"Mr Trump is a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries," the judge wrote in a 46-page order.

more...

For a judge to say that last bit. Ouch.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Following on....
Donald Trump has withdrawn a lawsuit against New York Attorney General Letitia James after a judge accused him of using the courts to seek revenge.

The lawsuit accused Ms James of conducting a "war of intimidation" against the former president.

An ongoing $250m (£202m) lawsuit launched by Ms James accuses Mr Trump's family company - the Trump Organization - of committing fraud over a decade.

more...
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Majority Taylor Greene wants to be trump's running mate in next years election :grin:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Well, she is single now. :chin:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:37 pm Well, she is single now. :chin:
She's the ultimate MILF for 40% of America.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

The Koch Organisation, a powerful conservative backer in America, has signaled its going to back a candidate other than trump in next years election.

I wonder if this will galvanise trump's base or signal a death knoll. He was properly written off and mocked by the conservative establishment in the run up to 2016 & won.

At that time I lived in Florida and could see his support growing every day. Now I'm in Commiefornia I'm generally seeing an indifference towards him. Like it's already old history.

I think both parties are suffering from major splits within their own support. I do feel that, with big backing, a third party could do well in between the two. But neither one will want that to happen.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... -2024/amp/
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Trump running as a 3rd candidate would be amazing.

It'd also open the door for the Dems to run a more interesting candidate safe in the knowledge the (further) right is just going to eat itself.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

No way would the Republican high-ups allow Trump to run as an independent, their vote would be split down the middle. If he went ahead anyway he'd be well advised to keep away from open windows.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I know it's the daily mail but this is an interesting development.

trump is going after ex protégé DeSantis by posting an old photo of him as a young teacher hanging out with 18 year old girls & claiming he's grooming them.

Ironic as trump was friends with Epstein as well as his tape where he said he liked assaulting women. Plus all the other stuff...

So the Republican voters have a choice between the man who did dodgy stuff with women or the man who may have done dodgy stuff with women :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... girls.html
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I'm not 100% sure what it means but Mike Pence has been subpoenaed by whoever is investigating trump this week.

It seems to be big news but nothing ever comes out of all these investigations, does it.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Yep. Weren't millions of $ spent trying to nail Bill Clinton back in the day? Money-go-round for officials and lawyers.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Interesting defence from Fox News regarding them claiming over & over again that the 2020 election was stolen. They kept saying the vote counting machines were rigged or at fault even though none of them actually believed it.

So Dominion, the vote machine company, are suing them for $1.6 billion for defamation or something.

Fox's defence is the 1st Amendment, the right to free speech, which is fair enough but that's also admitting that Fox News isn't a news channel, rather just an opinion channel. What they broadcast isn't true & they know that. They thought trump, Guiliani & Powell were either lying or crazy but they not only reported it but embellished the lies.

In that case, why would anyone watch them. They're admitting that they're lying to you. Their defence is "We don't broadcast news, we just broadcast stuff that we know is a lie."

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... aud-claims
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCPete mentions Marj Greene wanting to split America based on political views on another thread but I thought it's more suited here as she's aiming to be trumps running mate in next years election.

Personally I don't think trump will pick her. He knows he needs a 'normal' person like Pence rather than go the other way but who the f*ck knows in American politics anymore.

Anyway, Marj now says that people who move from Democratic states to Republican states should not be allowed to vote for five years.

Which makes her the ideal running mate for trump as he's not a fan of democracy either :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 86949.html