The Strikes Thread

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Re: The Strikes Thread

Post by mumbles87 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:03 pm Who are the poor people in that analogy?
Just knew Tory HQs top defender would surface soon as they were mentioned.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

I actually cast a vote for the independent candidate today. 2nd ever time I've voted. So yeah I'm a dyed in the wool Tory 🤣

Any chance of an answer or is the woolfie smith tribute act to go unquestioned?
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:33 pm I actually cast a vote for the independent candidate today. 2nd ever time I've voted. So yeah I'm a dyed in the wool Tory 🤣

Its the attuide..

Change the wording slightly.
The rich people paid by rich people to convince the middle class that working class people are the problem.

The indi an ex Tory MP then.
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:33 pm I actually cast a vote for the independent candidate today. 2nd ever time I've voted. So yeah I'm a dyed in the wool Tory 🤣

You are from Tooting, and I claim my £5 which I shall divvy up between the masses.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

No working class people ever vote for the Tory party do they.
SammyLeeWasOffside

mumbles87 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:34 pm Its the attuide..

Change the wording slightly.
The rich people paid by rich people to convince the middle class that working class people are the problem.

The indi an ex Tory MP then.
Who is working class?

I've no idea he is a bloke that runs the local football and does stuff to help out generally. Trying to get rid of the labour councillor though so that's probably set your Spidey sense off.

Got harangued by the family of the lib Dems candidate as I went in, demanding to know my electoral number and who I was voting for.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

Denbighammer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:36 pm Yeah but common courtesy says that teachers who intend to strike could tell the headteacher so that they and affected parents could make contingency plans.
Yes on a human level the staff intending on striking could pre warn the head, I understand this May weekend the strike situation but it’s young children we are talking about here who suffered enough through the lockdowns.
Friend or Foé

Post by Friend or Foé »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:08 pm Who is working class?

I've no idea he is a bloke that runs the local football and does stuff to help out generally. Trying to get rid of the labour councillor though so that's probably set your Spidey sense off.

Got harangued by the family of the lib Dems candidate as I went in, demanding to know my electoral number and who I was voting for.
Why would they want your electoral number ?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Friend or Foé wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:38 am Why would they want your electoral number ?
Big brother is watching...
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Friend or Foé wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:38 am Why would they want your electoral number ?
He misheard , "whats your electricians number?" Needed some work done
SammyLeeWasOffside

No idea said they had to ask everyone, thought it was some sort of polling but it was on the way in. I was dropping in postal votes so didn't get into it apart from saying no.
SammyLeeWasOffside

mumbles87 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:23 am He misheard , "whats your electricians number?" Needed some work done
Bloody hell I dropped the votes off at Screwfix didn't I.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:44 am Bloody hell I dropped the votes off at Screwfix didn't I.
Mate, hate to break it to you, but those little slips - with complimentary pencils, are not voting slips, but ordering slips.

Can most likely can expect a concrete mixer and half ton of 2X4's dropped off tomorrow AM.... :crylol:
SammyLeeWasOffside

I can tell you are all anxious to know so the result of the council by election called because the labour incumbent turned up twice in a year but claimed the maximum £10k expenses:

Labour got back in. No doubt it will be different this time.
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by Prob »

All political parties do it and independents if they know what they are doing.

They collect your electoral number and that can be fed back to a office to cross you off to say you have voted. It gives you an idea how many of your supporters or those against you have voted. It also means you don't waste your time speaking to people who have already voted. Perfectly legal and fine
Friend or Foé

Post by Friend or Foé »

Prob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:11 am All political parties do it and independents if they know what they are doing.

They collect your electoral number and that can be fed back to a office to cross you off to say you have voted. It gives you an idea how many of your supporters or those against you have voted. It also means you don't waste your time speaking to people who have already voted. Perfectly legal and fine
Keep them in the dark, let them grovel for your attention. Never tell them that they’ve got your support, ever, as the moment you do, they stop giving a **** about you.
What is worse than a politician ? It’s a person who votes for a colour without hesitation or consideration. It’s those people that prop up the pomposity of our political classes. Mp’s, Lords, Spads, resaerchers, canvassers, party members etc.. all self congratulatory smug tosspots that have all contributed to sending the country down the toilet.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:49 am Mate, hate to break it to you, but those little slips - with complimentary pencils, are not voting slips, but ordering slips.

Can most likely can expect a concrete mixer and half ton of 2X4's dropped off tomorrow AM.... :crylol:
Still be better than the current tory cabinet :winker:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

OFT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:29 am Still be better than the current tory cabinet :winker:
^^^^ :crylol: thick as planks, the lot of them. :grin:
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Fire brigade now. The army are going to be busy.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

bonzosbeard wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm Fire brigade now. The army are going to be busy.
Funny how these unions didn't go on strike before the Ukraine crisis, bet it’s the Russian funded communists causing all this unrest, just to ensure that our armed forces are too busy at home to do anything else.