David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

One Peter Butler
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by One Peter Butler »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:45 pm He's got a point.

“I wouldn’t say I was the best manager. But I am certainly in the top one”.

Indeed he was. Hats off.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Tezza65 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:01 pm I always said that Clough wasn't the same without Peter Taylor.He apparently use to spot the players for him and Clough would sign them.You wouldn't say many of them players at Derby and Forest were outstanding. They just did the jobs they were told to do.For me,you had to be reasonably good at tactics,especially to beat that great Liverpool side a number of times between 1978 to 1980.
Not sure I agree about the Forest side Tezza, they had more than a few outstanding players.

Roy Keane was talking about Clough (think it was at the semi final LC) and he said Clough made it simple for the majority of players to go and do their job. Different times now, but the simpler you make it, the easier it can be I imagine, even nowadays. Keane also did say that Clough punched him once, but he said he sort of deserved it so it was fine :lol:
Fraser
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by Fraser »

A manager saying it's the players fault and not mine shocker... He wasn't called old big head for nothing.. 😂
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

I know moyes will get us relegated. Moyes knows he will get us relegated he just wants a pay off then he could sit back and retire .who else would want a dinosaur as a manager .go and sit on a beach somewhere with you're wife and enjoy yourself and let us get a manager who can take us to the next step .
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2071 likes
Total likes: 689 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

Garry wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 am I know moyes will get us relegated. Moyes knows he will get us relegated he just wants a pay off then he could sit back and retire .who else would want a dinosaur as a manager .go and sit on a beach somewhere with you're wife and enjoy yourself and let us get a manager who can take us to the next step .
What would that next step be? European football? Finishing 6th or 7th?
DublinDave
Has liked: 2756 likes
Total likes: 1783 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 am Not sure I agree about the Forest side Tezza, they had more than a few outstanding players.

Roy Keane was talking about Clough (think it was at the semi final LC) and he said Clough made it simple for the majority of players to go and do their job. Different times now, but the simpler you make it, the easier it can be I imagine, even nowadays. Keane also did say that Clough punched him once, but he said he sort of deserved it so it was fine :lol:
https://talksport.com/football/efl/8403 ... t-man-utd/

Did I take it that badly? No. He was a genius.
“He was upset, he was heated and he punched me. I remember thinking, ‘I still think you’re a brilliant manager’.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4737 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Garry wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 am I know moyes will get us relegated. Moyes knows he will get us relegated he just wants a pay off then he could sit back and retire .who else would want a dinosaur as a manager .go and sit on a beach somewhere with you're wife and enjoy yourself and let us get a manager who can take us to the next step .
I'm going to make a scrapbook of all the times you've ascertained that you 'know' we're going to get relegated.

Then when we finish 12th I'm going to send it to you.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 am I'm going to make a scrapbook of all the times you've ascertained that you 'know' we're going to get relegated.

I 100% hope you're right and wish I had your confidence.

I'm not certain we'll get relegated I'm 50/50 I don't expect us to get 12th that's for sure..
Jamezino
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Jamezino »

I wonder if we can try and get Enzo Maresca as our next manager. He was assistant under Pellegrini and is now at Man City as Pep's number 2.

I seemed to remember Noble was a big fan of his and I have found some articles that he was close to taking over after Pellegerini was sacked.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nd-victory

And even back then our new Sporting Director was speaking to the 'faces' giving glowing reports of him. Can only have learnt more being next to Pep the past couple of years.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers- ... ass-coach/
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

S-H wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 am Image
Straight from the Sully playbook :lol:
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

If tactics didn't win you games, there wouldn't be any need to employ managers....
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

szola wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am If tactics didn't win you games, there wouldn't be any need to employ managers....
Yep, we've spent most of the season sitting deep and there's absolutely no correlation with that and our terrible goals scored and chances created...
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Jamezino wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:46 am I wonder if we can try and get Enzo Maresca as our next manager. He was assistant under Pellegrini and is now at Man City as Pep's number 2.

I seemed to remember Noble was a big fan of his and I have found some articles that he was close to taking over after Pellegerini was sacked.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nd-victory

And even back then our new Sporting Director was speaking to the 'faces' giving glowing reports of him. Can only have learnt more being next to Pep the past couple of years.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers- ... ass-coach/

He allegedly “masterminded” our 1-0 win at The Bridge (when Cresswell put Reece James in a tumble dryer).
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Fraser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:52 am Yep, we've spent most of the season sitting deep and there's absolutely no correlation with that and our terrible goals scored and chances created...
I think everyone can agree we haven’t got our tactical setup right for the majority of this season.

The players must also take some responsibility though.

There is middle ground.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4737 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Fraser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:40 am I 100% hope you're right and wish I had your confidence.

I'm not certain we'll get relegated I'm 50/50 I don't expect us to get 12th that's for sure..
50/50 I understand. But Garry posts on every single thread that he 'knows' we're going down and that Moyes is the devil.

You just know he'll be posting 'I told you so' on every thread if we do and disappear off the face of the planet for 6 months if we don't.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 am
The stuff of dreams. :decks:
Jamezino
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Jamezino »

Takeiteasy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:02 am He allegedly “masterminded” our 1-0 win at The Bridge (when Cresswell put Reece James in a tumble dryer).
Yeah that was it, apparently wanted to keep him on when Pellegrini left as a coach under Moyes, he said no. Became Man City under 23's Manager and won the league. Then a short stint at Parma that didnt work out but is back working with Pep as number 2. Theres loads online about how good a coach he is and expect him to be a top manager etc. Seems to be highly thought of by the club, Noble etc.

Snodgrass had good things to say when was linked to Celtic too. Seems ideal and exactly what we need

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... g-23650285
Pete647580
Has liked: 1212 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:03 am
You just know he'll....... disappear off the face of the planet for 6 months .......
The stuff of dreams.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Takeiteasy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:03 amThere is middle ground.
:newthumb:

Unlike the quote, that puts the managers responsibilities on the shoulders of the players