The Relegation Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Re: The Relegation Thread

Post by hammerman11 »

We are well in a relegation battle. Motes needs to change for us to survive but I doubt he will.
Next 3 games in PL will see us bottom when firest come to town. Fail to beat them and miyes should be gone but the board have missed their chance and a transfer window .

Who do we get in when we are bottom ?
'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 534 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:03 pm I cannot understand why some posters are happy for him to continue.
It's very simple really and something that has been mentioned several times, but I'll try once more. Two back-to-back top 7 finishes and a European semi-final. We're hoping he manages to turn it round and give us more of that because no other manager has.
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Might just as well leave Moyes in charge until the end of the season, i really do fear for our survival especially thinning the squad and so far not replacing crucial area at CB .
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

'stone hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:12 pm It's very simple really and something that has been mentioned several times, but I'll try once more. Two back-to-back top 7 finishes and a European semi-final. We're hoping he manages to turn it round and give us more of that because no other manager has.
so easily pleased some supporters if he was any good he would have won the europa Cup
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

West Ham haven't won anything in my life time and I doubt they will. If seeing the club getting better results successive seasons than ever before and wanting them to continue that journey even if it's not straight forward makes me easily pleased, then so be it.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1950 likes
Total likes: 600 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

'stone hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:12 pm It's very simple really and something that has been mentioned several times, but I'll try once more. Two back-to-back top 7 finishes and a European semi-final. We're hoping he manages to turn it round and give us more of that because no other manager has.
But we have been crap for a year now.Isn't that long enough or should we give him another year?We have stunk the PL out this year.
Leicester won the League and were in the latter stages of the Champions League and they sacked their manager in shorter time.

Question..Do you think Leicester are a bigger club than us?

It seems we aren't nobody near them if we take yiur point of view.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

mushy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:06 am Go on, enlighten me.
I'm a Newham resident and been trying to find out exactly what they do in the community for ages.
Send some of the yoof and crocks to visit a hospital once or twice a year. :newthumb:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:03 pm Quite a few on here seem to think we are not even involved in a relegation battle.Just because we beat a very poor Everton side that is on it's knees,we are going to be fine and we have nothing to worry about..

For some of the exceptional talent we have,we are producing complete boring drivel that is totally unacceptable to me.We are all entitled to an opinion and rightly so,but for the life of me,I cannot understand why some posters are happy for him to continue.Yes I know the owners are tossers,but his got enough talent there for us to be doing better.One thing is missing,how slow and ponderous are we going forward has a team.We lack pace and have lacked it since Lingard left and Antonio has aged.The other week,we started nearly the same team has in lockdown in 2020.Moyes lacks the vision for me to take us forward,even if we do survive.The sooner Moyes and the current board departs,the better.

RANT OVER.
"We have exceptional talent."

"We lack pace."

:?

How's any other manager going to make our players faster? The recruitment has been off for a long time now. Only signing Dawson and Benrahma on loan, then only signing Zouma, Kral and Vlasic, then suddenly a massive splurge on our third choice targets in every position.

We'll likely never know who's really to blame, some will assume the board due to previous problems, some will take Moyes at his word that it's all him. Whoever it is has really messed up. It's a miracle we managed 6th and 7th considering how poor our business has been for years.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Presuming Moyes stays, our survival will depend mostly on injuries. We need Zouma, Aguerd, Rice, Paqueta, Scamacca/Ings fit. If two or more of those are injured for an extended period, I don’t think we will make it. If they stay fit, I’m sure we will be fine whoever the manager is.
sutts07
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Oh s**t...
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1520 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Ye we’re ****ed

Massive game tonight, if it wasn’t already
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

We are bang in trouble..
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 668 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

We're so ****ed
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Lol not even 20 mins gone on these games, calm down you lot
sutts07
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Ozza wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:20 pm Lol not even 20 mins gone on these games, calm down you lot
My 'oh s**t' was more about the tune that Dyche managed to get out of Everton today.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 462 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Not looking good so far :eyes:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So... as we go into the Newcastle game, if things stay the same...

We're on 18 points with Everton, Leeds, and Bournemouth and only Southampton with less. Everton look to be better with Dyche leading them. Both Leicester and Wolves winning to pull ahead of us. Leeds have a game in hand over us. Is that right?
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Villa in trouble changed manager now getting results
Everton in trouble changed manager got a win against the top team
West Ham , heavy sigh
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

We still have moyes that's the problem not the other teams picking up points xx
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

sutts07 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:21 pm My 'oh s**t' was more about the tune that Dyche managed to get out of Everton today.
It's only 1 game and far too premature, I know, but I've almost excluded them from relegation now. Today aside, Dyche will get that team working and there's more than enough in it to avoid the drop.