The Sunak Government 2022-

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: The Sunak Government 2022-

Post by Samba »

Is Sunak small or just very far away..
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Samba wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:26 pm Is Sunak small or just very far away..
Let's just say that the fixed penalty notice for failing to wear a seat belt also included a penalty for failing to use a booster seat :winker:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Personally, I'm sick of this series of resignations/sackings for impropriety. Not only is it demonstrating just how inept the PM is at choosing the people he has around him, it also shows how rotten the Tory party is.

I'm not naive enough to expect there aren't any Labour MPs who have been found to have acted similarly improperly as some of these - it wouldn't surprise me if there's at least one there with bullying allegations.

But more than anything I'm sick of it because it's taking away from focusing on actual problems for you and I and others - the cost of living, the decaying NHS, the broken and underfunded education system etc etc. Starmer didn't even bother to focus on these points at PMQs because it's easier to go after the Government's own goals than it is to pick these points up - especially in the braying House of Commons during PMQs.
MB

Post by MB »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 am But more than anything I'm sick of it because it's taking away from focusing on actual problems for you and I and others - the cost of living, the decaying NHS, the broken and underfunded education system etc etc. Starmer didn't even bother to focus on these points at PMQs because it's easier to go after the Government's own goals than it is to pick these points up - especially in the braying House of Commons during PMQs.
This. All the PM has been talking about is these kind of issues. In some ways it gives him an easy ride when he should be getting anything but. Key workers on strike and yet somehow it is more news worthy that Raab is an ****hole (like we needed anyone to tell us that!) and that rich people do what they can to not pay tax.
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

If the PM hadn't appointed some of these ministers when he knew of allegations around them, ( Zahawhi, Raab, Braverman) then he would have more time now to talk about and deal with the main issues.

He only appointed or kept them on to appease and gain support from some wings of his party. Some of the same factions who are currently plotting against him to hasten his downfall.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Cornelius Beal wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:49 pm If the PM hadn't appointed some of these ministers when he knew of allegations around them, ( Zahawhi, Raab, Braverman) then he would have more time now to talk about and deal with the main issues.

He only appointed or kept them on to appease and gain support from some wings of his party. Some of the same factions who are currently plotting against him to hasten his downfall.
Got to love coalition politics
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

"Soon" ... oh that's alright then ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64506414

Samba

Post by Samba »

This weeks 'Spot The C*nt Competition' was a bit easier than usual..
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... gn=uk_main"

"The former PM is preparing to give her thoughts on where Rishi Sunak is going wrong."

I mean, it isn't like I don't think Sunak has been generally quite poor, but to have the brass neck to start offering advice to the person that is trying to clean up the bed that you shat in is pretty amazing.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Believe it or not there is a fair chunk of sitting Tory MP's who sincerely believe that Truss was right, it's just the 'markets' weren't ready for her brilliance. Equally, there is a fair chunk of them who earnestly believe Johnson was not a lazy, lying, corrupt incompetent and was unfairly ousted. The fact both are now 'on manoeuvres' in public should be a worry for Sunak.....and us all who've to suffer two more years of this crap.

They need and deserve a very long spell on the sidelines to go away and sort themselves out. They're an unholy mess of factions, contradictions and clapped out ideas.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Junco Partner wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:10 pm
They need and deserve a very long spell on the sidelines to go away and sort themselves out. They're an unholy mess of factions, contradictions and clapped out ideas.
Don't worry. They will get their comeuppance soon enough.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Not soon enough for most, sadly.

(FWIW I think it will be a close run thing in 2024 with a hung parliament most likely)
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Junco Partner wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:19 pm Not soon enough for most, sadly.

(FWIW I think it will be a close run thing in 2024 with a hung parliament most likely)
its worrying that anybody is actually voting them back in

there are people out there who think they are doing a good job

I get labour isnt everyones cup of tea but the tories are not the answer.

if they are the answer you are asking the wrong question. you are asking who is the most corrupt party you could vote for.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Like Evil said there's loads on the right who used her to push their agendas. And despite blowing a massive hole in the already shot to **** public finances, piling thousands onto people's mortgages etc, the ERG and Tufton Street mob aren't going to go away.

No-one of sane mind wants to hear your deluded ramblings Liz.

You ****ed it, go and sit on the backbench, do some proper work for your constituents and hope for the best come election time.

Mind you Sunak's been in post for over 100 days now so it's probably time that the Tories revolt and get someone else in.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Is it true that the cost of the energy support scheme is actually going to be a fraction of what was being claimed originally? And that it's projected to be zero next year?

IMF can't seem to make up their minds. Back in Sept they were saying Truss cutting taxes was a problem, now they are claiming that Hunt not cutting them is a problem.

Seems fairly clear that if the outlook has improved then there is a sensible argument for tax cuts that reduce the cost of living - after all, the higher inflation is, the higher the governments' debt interest payments are. If you lower people's bills, the demand for wage increases reduces.

Debt Interest is expected to be two thirds of the deficit this year. They are mostly borrowing to pay the interest on all the previous borrowing.
MB

Post by MB »

EvilC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:55 am "The former PM is preparing to give her thoughts on where Rishi Sunak is going wrong."
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

🙂 and yet it’s like last autumn never happened …

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/low-tax- ... p-12801586
Samba

Post by Samba »

EvilC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:55 am https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... gn=uk_main"

"The former PM is preparing to give her thoughts on where Rishi Sunak is going wrong."

I mean, it isn't like I don't think Sunak has been generally quite poor, but to have the brass neck to start offering advice to the person that is trying to clean up the bed that you shat in is pretty amazing.
Most normal people would be too ashamed to show their face or be heard again but not our shortest serving Prime Minister..
Samba

Post by Samba »

smuts wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:15 pm Like Evil said there's loads on the right who used her to push their agendas. And despite blowing a massive hole in the already shot to **** public finances, piling thousands onto people's mortgages etc, the ERG and Tufton Street mob aren't going to go away.

No-one of sane mind wants to hear your deluded ramblings Liz.

You ****ed it, go and sit on the backbench, do some proper work for your constituents and hope for the best come election time.

Mind you Sunak's been in post for over 100 days now so it's probably time that the Tories revolt and get someone else in.
Must be Raab's turn to have a go by now..
If only it wasn't for all those poor people that he bullied...
Samba

Post by Samba »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:49 pm 🙂 and yet it’s like last autumn never happened …

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/low-tax- ... p-12801586
It obviously didn't Dave, it was all just a very bad dream that someone supremely useless at being Prime Minister, fully supported by someone supremely useless at being Chancellor, nearly f*cked the whole country up worse than it already was/is.