Where are the points coming from?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: Where are the points coming from?

Post by funky chicken »

I think we’ll be fine. And I actually think we’ll get more points in the next month than some perhaps anticipate. If anything, I think we’ll struggle more from March when the Europa Conference kicks-off again, with the amount of fixtures that’ll need to be squeezed in. We still don’t even know where they’ll shove the home game against Newcastle.

I reckon we’ll finish 13th-15th and we’ll end up doing what the likes of Frankfurt did last season, when they said b*llocks to the league and went all the way for glory.

Personally I’ll happily take a relegation, as long as we win one of the cups this season. I’m not getting any younger. I wasn’t alive when we last won a major trophy. So if I was offered that opportunity, I’d snap your arm off.

I can’t remember which Mod asked the question late last year/early this year with regards to anyone on here promising not to complain if we was to get relegated, as long as we won a trophy, or something along those lines. Think it may have been Rio. But whoever it was, feel free to bookmark this page, screenshot this post, whichever you prefer, as I promise I won’t do should that become a reality. :newthumb:

If the cup draws won’t give us a fixture against Millwall, then we’ll have to play them in the league instead. In-between our Europa campaign, of course! :wink:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we have been waiting for them to get better for months now. I hope there are 3 teams worse than us; everton wolves bournemouth southampton are hopefully the 3.
however everton have changed manager, southampton bought a couple in and recently changed their manager,bournemouth brought a few players in

we have remained stale and our hope is that the recent wins over brentford reserves, everton and derby will somehow mark the turning point in our season. I hope so but the next 3 games will be hard but may be what we need.

newcastle a tough but could we snatch something as they dream of wembley ?
chelsea so many players can we catch them out ?
spurs we will be up for it ,could we surprise them ?

all just hope as usual. nothing based on new manager lift, new players in or good form. not looking good.

failure to invest in the squad last season cost us CL. this season it may well cost us our PL status
yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

I reckon the next three just need to be got out of the way and we need to hope we are still there or there abouts, but after that with potentially Zouma, Cornet, Ings and Scamacca back the run in doesn't look awful. That said back to back wins would change things very quickly.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

Zouma, Cornet, Ings and Scamacca could be back for march. however apart from zouma does moyes know how to use them ?
he will go into defensive mode most games ;so a back 5 plus 2 DM leaves 3 attacking spots . so one CF at most plus wide men.

we need the injury prone players to stay fit now; but we have a lot of them ! zouma ogbonna augerd cornet ings scamacca

all we have is hope.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 am all we have is hope.
What else did we ever have?
CarltonColesLeftFoot
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by CarltonColesLeftFoot »

Pete647580 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:25 am I truly believe he had a negative effect before he arrived. Before he was even considered as a manager.

He's the worst manager in the world ever and he's ruined my life.
Moyes shagged my mum and up the bum and I was born from it, he's made me be referred as a "bum baby" for my entire life.

But in all seriousness, we've clearly been awful for 20 months, and every game we've won has been pure luck or a side that was totally dreadful, and every game we've lost has been to a team that were there for the taking if we just attacked more.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

CarltonColesLeftFoot wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:27 am we've clearly been awful for 20 months, and every game we've won has been pure luck or a side that was totally dreadful, and every game we've lost has been to a team that were there for the taking if we just attacked more.

But in all seriousness Moyes shagged my mum and up the bum and I was born from it, he's made me be referred as a "bum baby" for my entire life.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Good heavens.

:shock:
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

bit early to be on the sherberts
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

I was actually fortunate to meet David Moyes yesterday. He dropped in to the Aquatic Centre in Stratford after Gold's funeral.

David had heard there was an afternoon of kid's parties booked so took the opportunity to come and spit in the party bags and push a load of prams into the pool.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

upton o'good wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:52 pm Started to go downhill with Wolves away last season - think that was November. Across 90 minutes we barely had a shot on target.
Yep, i was in Royal London Hospital with pneumonia and watched the game on my laptop in my hospital bed. We were pony.

We then let in a last minute equaliser to draw with Brighton, but did beat Cheslea 3-2 with the Arthur wonder goal a couple of weeks later

for me, the real turning point were the two succesive 2-3 home defeats to southampton and leeds
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Newcastle (A) 1
Chelsea (H) 1
Tottenham (A) 1
Nottingham Forest (H) 3
Brighton (A) 0
Aston Villa (H) 1
Manchester City (A) 0
Southampton (H) 3
Fulham (A) 3
Arsenal (H) 1
Bournemouth (A) 3
Liverpool (H) 1
Crystal Palace (A) 1
*Newcastle (H)tba 1
Manchester United (H) 1
Brentford (A) 0
Leeds (H) 3
Leicester (A) 1

- so 25 more points, 43 in all.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Albie Beck wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:16 pm - so 25 more points, 43 in all.
You think we're going to lose just 3 of the next 18 games?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Yep - we're going on a run...
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:22 pm You think we're going to lose just 3 of the next 18 games?
We're probably gonna lose three of the next three.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

As there's been a lot of talk on various threads about this season simply being a continuation of last seasons form post Christmas, here's the figures:

Last season - last 20 games: W9, D4, L8
Points Per Game: 1.4

This season - first 20 games: W5, D3, L12
Points per Game: 0.9

The decline may have started last season but we've definitely got worse this season (results-wise).

If results don't change then we're looking at 33 points based on that figure. Personally I don't think we're expected at all to beat Newcastle, or even draw for that matter:

Newcastle last 5 at home (WWWDW)
West Ham last 5 away (LLLDL)

If we beat Newcastle then that would be massive. It would give the players a massive lift and instil a lot of self-belief. I have my fingers crossed - but if we don't succeed then 3 points against the likes of Tottenham or Chelsea would give a similar lift. A result like that can turn a season around. I think it's 14 months now since we beat a top 5 side home or away. In that same timeframe we've only managed to beat 3 teams in the top 10.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 am

If results don't change then we're looking at 33 points based on that figure. Personally I don't think we're expected at all to beat Newcastle, or even draw for that matter:

Newcastle last 5 at home (WWWDW)
West Ham last 5 away (LLLDL)

How very West Ham to win up there tomorrow then :scarfer:
Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Aguerd staying fit is one of the main keys for me, I don't think it's a coincidence that him playing seems to have brought a bit more confidence to the team. He can't do it alone of course, Bowen returning to goalscoring form will be an enormous help, I think if our key players get and stay fit we will be fine.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

S-H wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:21 am Six wins
Six draws
Five defeats

24pts + 18pts = 42pts.

Going to be bloody tight.

Closer to the wire than many on here think.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Newcastle (H) 1

Six wins
Seven draws
Five defeats

25pts + 18pts = 43pts.
On schedule.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »