Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Re: Away Tickets Thread - Over Land and Sea

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Simon_1982 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:09 pm Expected to buy a ticket tomorrow not knowing when the game is going to be played. Utter joke
It'll be the Wednesday,

They have a cup final on the Sunday, we have Brighton the following Saturday.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Happyhammer52 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:28 pm It'll be the Wednesday,

They have a cup final on the Sunday, we have Brighton the following Saturday.
TV will almost certainly want a game on Thurs 2nd -- would not surprise me in the least if it's ours & then Brighton game is moved to Sunday 2pm
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

My app is showing 7.45 Wednesday at the mo
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ Every match is:

It could be Wednesday 1st March, but reckon we'll be Thursday 2nd March. Man Utd have Barcelona on Thurs 23rd Feb, LC Final on Sunday 26th Feb, us on Thurs 2nd March, Liverpool on Sunday 5th March, if they beat Barca then Europa on Thurs 9th March. 3 free days between each of those matches.

It depends on TV picks and whether BBC choose us as first pick over Sheffield Utd/Wrexham vs Spurs.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Thanks,
Yeah, that all makes sense.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Captain Slaphead wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:36 pm TV will almost certainly want a game on Thurs 2nd -- would not surprise me in the least if it's ours & then Brighton game is moved to Sunday 2pm
On that note, I thought we were due to find out on the 25th Jan about the Brighton fixture?
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Happyhammer52 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:50 pm On that note, I thought we were due to find out on the 25th Jan about the Brighton fixture?
Brighton was confirmed Saturday 3pm. However it can be moved if the FA decides to put our Cup tie on the Thursday which they may well do
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Phil S wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm In some cases, this may be true
However Man U have deals with their ST holders so I'm told

Man Utd have a flexible season ticket policy where you can include FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League tickets or any permeation of that. So you have to opt in to what you want included and a fixed price (£45/£46) before the season starts. If you don't opt in you have to apply for a ticket alongside members there is no guarantee of getting one.
Man U therefore cannot sell tickets any cheaper than these prices.
Pretty sure they would adapt the prices if they got drawn at home to Hornchurch in the 3rd round.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Expensive time, away to Derby, Newcastle, the Mancs and a Europa Conference trip in quick succession, and crazy though it sounds the Europa game may be the easiest for travel given the lack of public transport. Obviously if we beat the Mancs it’ll be Citeh away twice in quick succession…..
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Row X wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:28 pm Pretty sure they would adapt the prices if they got drawn at home to Hornchurch in the 3rd round.
Until a few years ago, Man Utd season ticket holders had to buy their seat for cup matches as a condition of their season tickets. This often included a few league cup games against lowly opposition where they would put out a team of boys, and the prices weren't reduced.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Was interested to see that West Ham have the 4th highest expensive s/t price. The £99 kids seats and Band 5 oft quoted as 'affordable family football' masks the real average.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/328 ... ket-price/
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Row X wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:17 pm West Ham have to agree on the prices as well, because as you point out we get some of the gate money as well.

Our board have agreed this.
I would never normally defend our board but they have nothing to do with this. Away tickets are priced at the lowest priced ticket available in the stadium for home fans and is not dependent on the location/stand in the stadium.

£46 has been the price for most cup visits and was the price pre cap for league games, the surprise to me is this hasn't gone up, I was expecting £50+.
Huggie
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Huggie »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:00 pm Was interested to see that West Ham have the 4th highest expensive s/t price. The £99 kids seats and Band 5 oft quoted as 'affordable family football' masks the real average.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/328 ... ket-price/
This just shows the most expensive regular season ticket. For us it is the price off the original 1966 seats. It is not the average.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I’m sure people won’t be digging out AST’s who have no choice but to get a ticket.

Plus I wonder if there will be the usual excuses of those who don’t have the points because it’s midweek in Manchester.
E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by E13 Forever »

danm79 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:36 pm I would never normally defend our board but they have nothing to do with this.
That might be right but then again could they have tried to get thr price down because it is a midweek game
Also is there anything our board could do to help fans out with the travelling. It is not just the ticket cost it is the whole getting up there and back that bumps the cost right up.
Webhwve got 9000 tickets to sell and we really want 9000 up there. As it stands I doubt there will be anything close to that going up there.
The board should think about this.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

You’re expecting a lot from a board who, don’t forget, moaned about us getting through in the League Cup a couple of years back due to the cost of having to take the team up to Everton…
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Basically the fans of every club drawn away at Old Trafford in a cup game have to pay a ‘Man United Tax’ if they want to go and watch their team.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Cottee wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 am You’re expecting a lot from a board who, don’t forget, moaned about us getting through in the League Cup a couple of years back due to the cost of having to take the team up to Everton…
and spent the away fans fund on doing up the concourse at Upton Park.
E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by E13 Forever »

Cottee wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 am You’re expecting a lot from a board who, don’t forget, moaned about us getting through in the League Cup a couple of years back due to the cost of having to take the team up to Everton…

Not expecting anything from this lot. Just asking what they could do.
Have a look at hull City. See what they do and how big are they.
If fans are that important then you Would want all 9000 up there.
Remember di canio game up there. The fans must have played a part in that.
The £46 is on man u but everything else is for our club to do something about.
I suppose it is how much the club value it's fans and how much they want them to be there
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

In fairness, the club don't have to sell the tickets for £46. They just have to pay that to Man United.

Can't be bothered to do the maths but given they'll be getting a share of the revenue back there's room for a discount/deal in there somewhere.