Mason Greenwood (non WHU)

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: Mason Greenwood

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

fmgod wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:12 pm For reference the Bissouma one was dropped and the Partey one is nowhere near the same as this tbh, without getting too political it seemed an appeal for an attention posting it all on Twitter etc

This one was the most clear one with a catalogue of evidence
There's more than one case involving Partey.

The one you reference was dropped solely because it happened in Spain before the law changed allowing him to be prosecuted in the UK.

There are other complaints for which his bail has just been extended again.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

steps wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:59 pm Yes I just pray we don’t entertain the thought of going anywhere near the bloke.
The fact that Zouma is still here shows we're not above those levels of moral ambiguity.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I doubt the morality of footballers is any higher or lower than pretty much every industry
We all know wrong'uns

Difference with football (and other high profile industries) it is all over the media

Clearly Mason Greenwood is a 'wrong'un' but i suspect he will be back playing very soon, and given he hasn't been convicted of anything that is probably the correct outcome, however unpalatable that is
Yabish
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Yabish »

'stone hammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:03 pm The fact that Zouma is still here shows we're not above those levels of moral ambiguity.
Yeah really comparable!
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

The Straw wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:35 pm Arsenal continue to play Thomas Partey. Tottenham continue to play Yves Bissouma. There are no morals in football. None at all. It's all bluster.
Or innocent until proven guilty?
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

'stone hammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:03 pm The fact that Zouma is still here shows we're not above those levels of moral ambiguity.
Kicking a cat and the alleged incidents here are totally incomparable.
Liam
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Liam »

The Straw wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:41 pm You just need to look at people like Neville, he's all over the show with his views depending on what club has done what.
If that part is in reference to Neville “liking” the Nazir Afzal tweet, people have all massively got the wrong end of the stick and haven’t read the whole thread. The tweet wasn’t supporting Greenwood it was damming the court system (people just haven’t read until the end).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Shows the folly of being allowed to name a suspect prior to a conviction.

The victims are , quite rightly, granted anonymity, the accused should be afforded the same.

The police statement referred to "new material"......could mean anything , something or nothing, but Greenwood will forever be dammed by a social media release that did the rounds.

I offer no view as to his guilt/innocence or whatever.
The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

Liam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:33 pm If that part is in reference to Neville “liking” the Nazir Afzal tweet, people have all massively got the wrong end of the stick and haven’t read the whole thread. The tweet wasn’t supporting Greenwood it was damming the court system (people just haven’t read until the end).
I'm not aware of what you're talking about, but Neville is and always has been all over the show.
YGNB
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by YGNB »

So the girlfriend is back with him hence her dropping the charges. Happens all the time with these and DV cases. It's unfortunate but there's not much you can do
Tezza65
Has liked: 1932 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:47 pm I think we can probably guess why the charges have been dropped.

It was always likely.
I'm all ears?

I reckon you are going to say,there has been a huge payment to someone or they have been threatened with concrete boots?
Last edited by Tezza65 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

So even after the transfer window closes, Man Utd are still paying out.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Tezza65 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:35 pm I'm all ears?

I reckon you are going to say,there has been a huge payment to someone or they have been threatened with concrete boots?
Or he may mean they are back together as a couple and charges been dropped.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

steps wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 pm Kicking a cat and the alleged incidents here are totally incomparable.
Yes one was convicted and the other not. Cannot compare those at all.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1932 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:00 pm Or he may mean they are back together as a couple and charges been dropped.
I heard that after I wrote it.

She must be off her rocker.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Tezza65 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 am I heard that after I wrote it.

She must be off her rocker.
So, [Insert girls name here] what do you see in multi-millionaire Mason Greenwood?

She's probably been bunged a few hundred grand, she'll stay with him for a bit, perhaps do an 'exclusive' with Hello! or similar trash rag saying how it was all a big misunderstanding and that Mason was going through a bad time with his mental health*. Once hes back in the Man U team / moved elsewhere and all is forgotten, they will split & for their separate ways a few hundred grand heavier/lighter.

*celebrity catch-all for doing / saying wtf you like!!
MB

Post by MB »

Denbighammer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 am So, [Insert girls name here] what do you see in multi-millionaire Mason Greenwood?

She's probably been bunged a few hundred grand, she'll stay with him for a bit, perhaps do an 'exclusive' with Hello! or similar trash rag saying how it was all a big misunderstanding and that Mason was going through a bad time with his mental health*. Once hes back in the Man U team / moved elsewhere and all is forgotten, they will split & for their separate ways a few hundred grand heavier/lighter.

*celebrity catch-all for doing / saying wtf you like!!
I actually hope this is right as the alternative is that she is caught in an abusive relationship she cannot escape.
OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by OnePaulHilton »

I would give Bowen a go down the middle and play him on the right. I have no problem supporting a team with players or owners who have not been convicted of any wrong doing.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

MB wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:12 pm Yes one was convicted and the other not. Cannot compare those at all.
Not convicted because of dropped charges is different to being found not guilty.

Going on all the stuff that was out in the public domain, I find the two cases incomparable.
MB

Post by MB »

steps wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:01 am Not convicted because of dropped charges is different to being found not guilty.

Going on all the stuff that was out in the public domain, I find the two cases incomparable.
I understand that view, but having a legal background my brain isn’t wired that way. There are a number of reasons why the case may have collapsed. Yes the key witness seems to have changed their mind but there is also mention of new evidence. We don’t, and never will, have the full picture. How Manchester United choose to act may well be telling as there options within the law are quite limited.

He may well be a completely wrong’un who has got away with it. Sadly, there are no shortage of those in the world. Equally he could be the victim of an elaborate false accusation and there have been a few of those recently. You and I don’t, and never will, fully know.

We do however know that Zouma was found guilty of an offence he definitely committed.