Harrison Ashby

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Re: Harrison Ashby.

Post by S-H »

westlondonhammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:47 pm Thats a pretty damaging parting shot

Oh wait...

Good luck fella
Quite.

Uncle Cov will be devastated.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1597 likes

Post by alf git »

Hope his legs fall off.
:crest:
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

Two last names.
Believer
Has liked: 1425 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by Believer »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:18 pm if you don't want to commit then you don't play, if you want away, you don't play.
Club : There you go Declan, biggest offer we’ve made to any player in our history. Sign here..

Declan : No I’m not signing it

Club : Ok, here’s the captain’s armband
S-H

Post by S-H »

Hardly the same, but I get your point.
Believer

Post by Believer »

S-H wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:50 am Hardly the same, but I get your point.
It’s double standards however which way we look at it.

I clearly get that Rice is a huge asset and one that’ll bring the club in millions, however, it still confuses me how he was given the armband. Nothing will ever convince me that the club adulation of Dec hasn’t had a significant and detrimental impact on our season.

Player clearly doesn’t see his future here yet he is allowed to play where he likes regardless of the impact to our playing style and is given the armband.

I think Rice would have carried on giving his all with or without the armband so seems a strange decision.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Maybe they gave him the armband, in the hope he would stay.

And considering he already had it while Nobes was still here, it would have been a tough call to not give it to him once Noble had retired.

I'm fully aware of the double standards though, the club in general doesn't seem to ever get the important decisions right.
Believer

Post by Believer »

S-H wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:59 am Maybe they gave him the armband, in the hope he would stay.

And considering he already had it while Nobes was still here, it would have been a tough call to not give it to him once Noble had retired.

I'm fully aware of the double standards though, the club in general doesn't seem to ever get the important decisions right.
I’d have given the “Noble” armband to Ogbonna and continued as we were last season. If Oggy is fit, he is captain, if not, Rice.

I just think we needed someone more experienced, someone who has no distractions or personal goals to deal with.

This isn’t a pop at Rice by the way, just that the club have messed this up.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Captains are a figurehead, anyway. You need multiple within a squad, and a good captain knows they aren’t the only leader.

Nowt’s on Rice, if there aren’t leaders in that squad, it’s on recruitment
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

If we sell Rice, get in JWP and give him the captains armband.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5675 likes
Total likes: 3093 likes

Post by MB »

Wilko1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:23 am Captains are a figurehead, anyway. You need multiple within a squad, and a good captain knows they aren’t the only leader.

Nowt’s on Rice, if there aren’t leaders in that squad, it’s on recruitment
I think part of the problem is the shoes he stepped into. You get the sense Noble was much more than that off the pitch.

I agree though that you need ownership, leadership and accountability all over the pitch once the players step onto it.
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

On the bench for the barcodes tomorrow, by all accounts.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

bound to get on for the last 5 mins. hopefully one of ours clobbers him,fairly of course :crylol:
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1171 likes
Total likes: 681 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:14 am bound to get on for the last 5 mins. hopefully one of ours clobbers him,fairly of course :crylol:
...we need to recall..............Julian Dicks.... :horror:
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:14 am bound to get on for the last 5 mins. hopefully one of ours clobbers him,fairly of course :crylol:
I’d be amazed if he’s anywhere near the first team
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

MB wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:54 pm If he wouldn't sign a new deal then I struggle to see it is bad business as he'd have walked in the summer so giving him minutes just makes him a better player for whoever he then joins.

Maybe there have been failings earlier in his time with us. I don't know enough to comment, but the big spell missed due to his injury won't have helped.
I don't know the ins and outs either but the injury may well have seen him miss out on chances for more first team football. Whether it is bad management, bad luck or bad administration I just have a feeling, and from what I have seen of the lad, that we will look back and say it was a shame we couldn't keep him. I know there have been a few players we weren't sure about and were disappointed when they left such as Diangana and Ngakia. Neither of those really impressed me that much. Diangana even had a run in the first team but I never thought he looked like a star in the making. He is doing alright these days for the Baggies but still not pulling up trees.Imay very well be wrong about Ashby. There are so many variables in a player's eventual outcome, but he has pace and an eye for a cross or shot that you don't see in many rightbacks that I liked. I reckon he will have at least Stanislaus level of success if he stays fit and keeps his head.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 3491 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Still yet to play a single minute for Newcastle's first team, more than two months after making the move.

Currently featuring for their Under 21s - which is exactly where he was at West Ham.

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1313 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:58 pm Currently featuring for their Under 21s - which is exactly where he was at West Ham.
Something something learning from Trippier something something. I think that's how it went?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Re: Harrison Ashby

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Once they start spending money, he's going to have to be on par with Foden at Man. City to get anywhere near the first team on a regular basis.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Re: Harrison Ashby

Post by iLoveLasagne »

He is probably earning more than what we were willing to offer. He may also feel more confident in biding his time up there to break into the senior team whereas at WHU he probably felt he would go the way of Cullen or Coventry.