Mason Greenwood (non WHU)

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: Mason Greenwood

Post by fjthegrey »

Seems pretty obvious what has happened here to me.

- Greenwood is a twat
- Greenwood was a twat a little bit more often than was palatable towards his GF and she, correctly, ditched him and went to the police about his behaviour
- Greenwood was suspended
- Time passed
- Greenwood's GF has spent some time on her own, not in the care of a multimillionaire footballer, and has decided that the glamour and ease of the life she had is vastly preferable to the struggle and strife of a normal peasants existence
- Greenwood's GF has taken steps to repair the relationship and as the obvious 'key witness' in the case, his reciprocity would result in her not testifying
- Greenwood has willingly accepted her offer of reconciliation, as the alternative is him having to toss salad in prison
- As she isn't willing to testify the case has been dropped.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

MB wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 am I understand that view, but having a legal background my brain isn’t wired that way. There are a number of reasons why the case may have collapsed. Yes the key witness seems to have changed their mind but there is also mention of new evidence. We don’t, and never will, have the full picture. How Manchester United choose to act may well be telling as there options within the law are quite limited.

He may well be a completely wrong’un who has got away with it. Sadly, there are no shortage of those in the world. Equally he could be the victim of an elaborate false accusation and there have been a few of those recently. You and I don’t, and never will, fully know.

We do however know that Zouma was found guilty of an offence he definitely committed.
Legally isn’t Zouma given credit for admitting the offence though? And in the eyes of the law isn’t it deemed a far lesser offence?

Anyway, going back to Man Utd’s stance, I previously wrote they’ll probably want to ship him out, I read today during ten Haag’s time at Ajax he played Quincy Promes who was on an attempted murder change, so maybe Greenwood will be integrated back into the Utd team. We shall see I suppose.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Man Utd can hold all of the internal reviews and investigations they want. They showed their stance on these issues by making Ronaldo the highest paid player in English football history.

(The questions are being asked by a lawyer, X is Ronaldo answering them directly).
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

steps wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 pm Kicking a cat and the alleged incidents here are totally incomparable.
Other than both being disgusting acts, I'm not trying to draw comparison. And I'm completely with you in not wanting him at West Ham.
All I was trying to say however, is the powers that be didn't even suspend our own convicted cat-kicker, so I wouldn't be surprised if they would be more than happy to take a player that had been previously accused of rape, given that the charges were dropped.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I think they’ll cut their losses. Looking at how Ten Hag despatched Ronaldo, is he going to want what is now a big distraction to the harmony that’s been built?

Greenwood will have multiple offers, I’m just not sure the manager will tolerate this.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-29308814

Man Utd's Mason Greenwood expecting first child after rape and assault charges dropped
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Mason Greenwood (non WHU)

Post by Shabu »

Apologies if there's already a thread on this (I looked but couldn't see one).

He's training with Man Utd. Looks like he'll be playing this season. Ten Haags 2nd season in charge so he'll be hoping to improve on being 9 pints behind 2nd place this season.

How do you see fans reacting to him? Especially as he & the girl are back together & she's having his nipper.

If Zouma still gets booed for booting a pussy what will happen with Greenwood? Protests from Womens Groups? Boycotts? Or will people just shrug & move on. It was LAST year after all.

And will he be the player he was? He's still only 21 so not even close to his prime yet. Will adverse reaction affect him. Or will he feed off it?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Re: Mason Greenwood (non WHU)

Post by Believer »

Shabu wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:03 pm

If Zouma still gets booed for booting a pussy what will happen with Greenwood?
To be honest, there’s probably a load of people in this country will continue to boo Zouma and won’t bother themselves with Greenwood.
lukechadwick
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by lukechadwick »

To be fair plenty of abused women go back and have kids.
Not saying this applies here but worth noting.
He'll get stick but legally at the moment he hasn't been charged with anything let alone been found guilty...
Benaloon
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Benaloon »

I imagine they'll try and shuttle him off to Saudi Arabia.
ArtieTheIron
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ArtieTheIron »

This whole situation just makes me sad. If all that evidence was genuine and Greenwood really is this abusive, going back to him after quite possibly costing him his career (at least at the highest level) is doubly dangerous, child or no child. I just hope it works out without any further suffering.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

ArtieTheIron wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:39 pm This whole situation just makes me sad. If all that evidence was genuine and Greenwood really is this abusive, going back to him after quite possibly costing him his career (at least at the highest level) is doubly dangerous, child or no child. I just hope it works out without any further suffering.
We can only hope that they, and her family, have spoken about it & he's matured. Maybe they had counselling. What he did, if true, was horrible but he's not the first young male sports star to be a dick to women & then go on to improve.

Kobe Bryant had some serious accusations against him but went on to be a good family man. Hopefully a similar case here.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Shabu wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:03 pm Especially as he & the girl are back together & she's having his nipper.
If Zouma still gets booed for booting a pussy what will happen with Greenwood?
If I were her, I wouldn't let Greenwood anywhere near my pussy.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Benaloon wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:21 pm I imagine they'll try and shuttle him off to Saudi Arabia.
Makes sense. Islamic countries suit him to a tee.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

How many pages will this make before it’s closed? 😂
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Believer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:08 pm To be honest, there’s probably a load of people in this country will continue to boo Zouma and won’t bother themselves with Greenwood.
Outside of Man U fans I see him getting a lot of abuse.

His misses getting back with him and now being pregnant has probably saved his career. I wonder if he will ever get back in the England squad, probably not under Southgate.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

There have been links and denials of a loan move to Roma under Mourinho -

Best case scenario he marries his partner and they both live happily ever after but I can't see him resurrecting his Premiership career .
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

stu1 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:08 am His misses getting back with him and now being pregnant has probably saved his career.
The fact that a victim of abuse has returned to her abuser, whilst keeping him out of trouble and then having his baby, is highly concerning to me.
stu1 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:08 am I wonder if he will ever get back in the England squad, probably not under Southgate.
I sincerely hope not.
The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

He wouldn't be welcomed back into my changing room. If he walked back in, he wouldn't be able to walk back out.
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

Not sticking up for him because, for some reason, he has always got my back up. He is innocent until proven guilty. This is fundamental (even if there has been some clever manipulation of the law). We all need to stick to this. Anything else and society will go in decline faster than it already is.

Definitely no place for a social media witch-hunt.

Let's knock this on the head (before it starts) and just give him abuse for being a Manure player.