Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Re: Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

Post by Kialos »

Apparently the vulgar parade of Gold's coffin was his wish so I wont criticize the family for carrying it out however seeing as we are being force fed this fanciful narrative by the club through it's website, it's social media outlets and paid cronies about this bloke's place in our clubs history they open up the right of any free thinking adult to express their opinions on it and mine is that the forced projection of Gold as some kind of club icon is grotesque.

It says it all about the man that to the end his aim was to elevate his status not only as a person but as a West Ham fan. Alive he was an opportunist spiv in business and an egotist who used football clubs as vanity projects. That is also his legacy in death, Birmingham City, West Ham Utd it didn't really matter. Any place where he could look important in a directors box or strut around a training ground would do.

He was not at any time my Mr West Ham nor my beloved anything.

Good riddance to him.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 879 likes

Post by mushy »

westhamlinnet wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:19 pm Someone called Gonzo has started doing articles for claret and Hugh I apologise if that is a different gent
It's the same guy..
He works with 'Hughie' now.
I don't watch the videos anymore, they just became one long anti Moyes rant.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

Do we have an expected takeover date? It's next month when Sullivan can sell without penalty, isn't it?
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

jastons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:33 am Do we have an expected takeover date? It's next month when Sullivan can sell without penalty, isn't it?
I'm still not convinced the grubby little spiv wants to sell.
Owning West Ham makes him feel taller than any number of crystal covered panthers ever will.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

jastons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:33 am Do we have an expected takeover date? It's next month when Sullivan can sell without penalty, isn't it?
It's best not to expect anything. That way you are perennially disappointed but still able to live with it.

And remember, when Sulli finally pops his clogs his sons will be waiting to take on their "inheritance"...
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Danny K is expected to be at Saturday's game versus Chelsea.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

42 days time
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by Tenbury »

.... and counting..
moore_bobby
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by moore_bobby »

I think that date is before the date we will know what division we will be in next season. That is the date to count down to in regards to takover, imho.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

the pink palermo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 am Danny K is expected to be at Saturday's game versus Chelsea.
Interesting :chin:
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Can’t imagine anyone making any decisions until we know what division we are playing in next year, Sully will have a nervy wait for a couple of months, that’s if he really wants to sell.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

1895Hammer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:47 pm Can’t imagine anyone making any decisions until we know what division we are playing in next year, Sully will have a nervy wait for a couple of months, that’s if he really wants to sell.
Apart from the fans, I'm not sure there is any urgency. I'm not convinced that Sullivan is that keen/ready to sell or that Kretinsky is keen/ready to buy. Or for that matter any other 3rd parties sniffing about. At the moment I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same bodies in place this time next year.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 am Danny K is expected to be at Saturday's game versus Chelsea.
Glory hunter. Only shows up for the big ones.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

moore_bobby wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:14 pm I think that date is before the date we will know what division we will be in next season. That is the date to count down to in regards to takover, imho.
Yep. I’d agree. Especially as I reckon Kretinsky is only going to flip the club at the first opportunity anyway.

If we stay up and if we were to win the ECL, the price agreed seems very astute from his perspective. I’d also wager that as part of his dealings with Royal Mail, he will have met many powerful figures who may be able to advise on buying the stadium. If he can buy the club and the stadium and sell the whole package with the club in the EL, he will get silly money.

The impression I get of Kretinsky is that he isn’t a wonderful football club owner but he is a very good businessman.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:25 pm Apart from the fans, I'm not sure there is any urgency. I'm not convinced that Sullivan is that keen/ready to sell or that Kretinsky is keen/ready to buy. Or for that matter any other 3rd parties sniffing about. At the moment I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same bodies in place this time next year.
Neither would I, although I suspect Sully would love to find more willing investors prepared to let him play with their money.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Speaking as someone who does not enjoy being retired, I'm not convinced sulli is going to sell at all. Unlike other chairman he does normally go to all the games. He obviously enjoys something about it so I think he'll be staying for the foreseeable
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

Believer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:01 pm Yep. I’d agree. Especially as I reckon Kretinsky is only going to flip the club at the first opportunity anyway.
Playing Sullivan at his own game.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

goa127 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:50 pm Speaking as someone who does not enjoy being retired, I'm not convinced sulli is going to sell at all. Unlike other chairman he does normally go to all the games. He obviously enjoys something about it so I think he'll be staying for the foreseeable
personally reckon he'll sell up, maybe keep 1% of the shares and a seat on the board.

gets his money and still gets to laud it at games and be seen on the telly all around the world.

win/win for him ...........
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

goa127 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:50 pm Speaking as someone who does not enjoy being retired, I'm not convinced sulli is going to sell at all. Unlike other chairman he does normally go to all the games. He obviously enjoys something about it so I think he'll be staying for the foreseeable
Doesn't the put/call option between Kretinski and Sullivan* mean that if DK wants to buy the club he can exercise his option and there's nothing Sullivan can do about it, he has to sell?

*and the other shareholders