Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by WCpete »

aaronhammer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 pm My guess is Kretinsky will become the majority shareholder post March, with a minority stake (or stakes) from elsewhere rather than a 100% Kretinsky ownership or Kretinsky selling up too making a quick profit.

Nothing to base that on, just what I think.
If there is a sale that's how I would see it going as well. I don't think Kretinsky has any interest in holding onto the club. It's an investment for him. A short term one.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:59 pm Qatar, obviously 🙄
:crylol:
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Taxpayer built it, Sully keeps it all, nothing back to the poor taxpayer:

ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Surprising
Qatari's are in talks with investing in Spuds
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Why does no one with big money want us ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

ToiletDuck wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:16 pm Surprising
Qatari's are in talks with investing in Spuds
they at least have a world class stadium and right for 4 NFL games a year I believe..
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:20 pm Why does no one with big money want us ?
After March you'll start hearing more and more about big money being interested. We are a London team, in top 18 richest in the world, with one of the biggest attendances in Europe. Fan base is far larger than most people think.

Like Newcastle but on a slightly smaller scale, we have huge potential and some big investment could make us one of the top teams.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:20 pm Why does no one with big money want us ?
Because our main shareholder (1) has too high a value to sell and (2) wants to retain some level of control/input that puts off most other investors as history has shown that he isn’t particularly good at it.

We probably had a premium on us last two seasons due to looking like a potential regular top six crasher. That has now gone and we’re back in the pack - Kretinsky looks like he overpaid.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:35 pm they at least have a world class stadium and right for 4 NFL games a year I believe..
They have huge potential for earning from that stadium (and do already far more than us). We went for a deal that keeps costs down - but puts a ceiling on revenue streams. Kieran Maguire did a really good blog on it a few years back - implied we’d gone for a deal avoiding risk but somewhat outdated in terms of where the big teams were going in the future (revenue growth outside of TV money).

Ps not meaning to praise them, more they are an example and we didn’t read the room when getting our ‘world class’ deal.
e20too
Has liked: 665 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by e20too »

hammer1975 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:40 pm They have huge potential for earning from that stadium (and do already far more than us). We went for a deal that keeps costs down - but puts a ceiling on revenue streams. Kieran Maguire did a really good blog on it a few years back - implied we’d gone for a deal avoiding risk but somewhat outdated in terms of where the big teams were going in the future (revenue growth outside of TV money).

Ps not meaning to praise them, more they are an example and we didn’t read the room when getting our ‘world class’ deal.
Yes a deal that limited future growth in revenues for the club, anyone might have thought the owners had an alternative vision for making big money from their investment doesn’t it. The sort of deal perhaps somewhat under financed owners out of their depth in reality, would arrange to limit outgoings and risk and play for time. What that ‘time’ brings when you have so limited the potential of team profit generation, to them and of course us is the big question, I suspect it will be at opposite ends of the scale. I have expressed my views many a time on what I see as their ‘plan’ so won’t bore people again with it.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

yet Karren STILL made a nice tidy bonus for "negotiating the deal" didn't she ?

making it the most successful migration in stadium history or words of that ilk..

:swear:
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

brooking_1980 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:23 am Taxpayer built it, Sully keeps it all, nothing back to the poor taxpayer:
I always find it strange when people think tax means they're owed something?

It's tax. It doesn't entitle you to anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan is waiting to get it all gifted to him. Are the LLDC actually making any money?
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Mullhull wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:08 pm I always find it strange when people think tax means they're owed something?

It's tax. It doesn't entitle you to anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan is waiting to get it all gifted to him. Are the LLDC actually making any money?
They lose a minimum £20 mil a year on the stadium, more during Covid...
Over a 100 year lease that's 2 billion without factoring inflation, ground repairs etc...

Edit: https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... s-sold-out

Seems the Olympic Stadium losses pale into insignificance over the losses to the taxpayer over the whole development, long read but eye opening...
Last edited by DublinDave on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Hammerman 11

Would you want Sullivans sloppy seconds

That parasite taints everything he touches
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Saw this somewhat dispiriting post a few nights ago.

viewtopic.php?p=6488365#p6488365
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm yet Karren STILL made a nice tidy bonus for "negotiating the deal" didn't she ?

making it the most successful migration in stadium history or words of that ilk..

The thing is, from a business perspective it was an excellent deal. Also getting Kretinsky to invest was down to her. I fully understand the West Ham supporter view of Brady, but speaking as a businessman she has earned her crust. I would employ her. Before you all start jumping up and down, note I am seeing this with my business hat on not with my C&B heart or specs.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:00 pm The thing is, from a business perspective it was an excellent deal. Also getting Kretinsky to invest was down to her. I fully understand the West Ham supporter view of Brady, but speaking as a businessman she has earned her crust. I would employ her. Before you all start jumping up and down, note I am seeing this with my business hat on not with my C&B heart or specs.
I’m not convinced mate. Our revenue growth outside of Moyes driving up TV revenue last two seasons hasn’t been noteworthy compared to peers - the gap to the top six has become bigger every year. We’ve been unable to grow the income at the bowl due to everything they signed up to in order to manage costs. I genuinely think we’ve been poorly managed commercially in the last decade, and I do appreciate we’re in the top twenty of the rich list - but we also were under Terry Brown’s ownership (a few times).

I think she has a one way, risk management mindset - rather than a ‘growth’ one.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Took her ages to sort the carpet out and put a few shelves up for our beers. The concourse is truly awful !

Sack her now would we notice?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

but she essentially gets a bonus for doing what she's supposed to do in her job ?

and another one for getting Tripp Smith's money too ?

:chin:

on a par with me, in that professional football players get a salary to play football, and then get appearance money ? and forwards get bonuses for scoring when in fact that is in their job description as well ? and defenders and keepers for keeping a clean sheet ?

The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

We'll get bought by an oil state the day before a revolutionary new free clean universal energy source is discovered.