✍ Thilo Kehrer

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Re: ✍ Thilo Kehrer

Post by IronZ-79 »

Very good today. Looks most comfortable in a 3.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

IronZ-79 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:53 pm Very good today. Looks most comfortable in a 3.
Having him and Aguerd either side makes us far more dangerous going forwards. Both are very good passers.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Shame about their goal, as I thought he was fine other than that. And even the goal I wouldn’t put down to him alone.

I heard he went off at half time because of an injury. So I hope he’s okay.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1036 likes

Post by stu1 »

Didn’t catch most the game as was at the rugby but I have to say the criticism for him for their first goal was well over the top.

Don’t get me wrong he’s been a huge disappointment so far but that goal is on Oggy (who I think has done well recently). From the comments I was expecting him to have been positioned horrendously, but that would only be true from a still photo. If you watch the goal play out he did little wrong and was obviously concerned with another Newcastle player running on the outside of him. Tbh I have no idea how he played but he shouldn’t be scapegoated for the goal.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

stu1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:43 pm Didn’t catch most the game as was at the rugby but I have to say the criticism for him for their first goal was well over the top.

Don’t get me wrong he’s been a huge disappointment so far but that goal is on Oggy (who I think has done well recently). From the comments I was expecting him to have been positioned horrendously, but that would only be true from a still photo. If you watch the goal play out he did little wrong and was obviously concerned with another Newcastle player running on the outside of him. Tbh I have no idea how he played but he shouldn’t be scapegoated for the goal.
He actually played really well and was key to our best spell as he was good at intercepting and moving it on further forwards. It’s like some people pick players they dislike to take a pop at.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 668 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Hopefully the sub was just a precaution
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

If he stepped up Wilson would have been offside. However after that he was very good and made some excellent interceptions.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3032 likes
Total likes: 2680 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Felt his hammy late in the first half. Sub a precacution.

From his agent.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3090 likes

Post by MB »

smuts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:53 pm If he stepped up Wilson would have been offside. However after that he was very good and made some excellent interceptions.
Harsh. It is a great pass and excellent run. Sometimes you’ve just got to appreciate good play by the opposition.

Wilson is a master of those runs.

Thought Kehrer did well. Good front foot defending and almost played in midfield when we had the ball enabling us to keep possession better.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3032 likes
Total likes: 2680 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

MB wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:10 pm Harsh. It is a great pass and excellent run. Sometimes you’ve just got to appreciate good play by the opposition.

Wilson is a master of those runs.

Thought Kehrer did well. Good front foot defending and almost played in midfield when we had the ball enabling us to keep possession better.
Thilo is at his best when he is allowed to defend "on the front foot". Progressive defending, stepping up. He did that a lot late in the first half. Several key interceptions and runs with the ball to keep us pushing. He was key in our best passage of play.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I think I'd like to see him at RWB. I didn't see what it seems everyone else did today really. I never felt comfortable when the attack went near him and probably felt better when Johnno was in at RCB. Which is probably saying something.

But yeah, Coufal is a proper trier and it's admirable but I'd be interested to see Kehrer tried at RWB when Zouma gets back at RCB. Perhaps his athleticism and calmness on the ball would work there whilst being a less critical position for defensive moments than a central one.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He was part of a very good performance, don’t think he had as much of a hand in the goal as made out tbh. The pass was defence splitting and it came about from 2 poor pieces of play beforehand. Hopefully his injury isn’t anything bad and he’s back in for the next game. I think we’ll see plenty of good from him at RCB.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:43 pm I think I'd like to see him at RWB. I didn't see what it seems everyone else did today really. I never felt comfortable when the attack went near him and probably felt better when Johnno was in at RCB. Which is probably saying something.

But yeah, Coufal is a proper trier and it's admirable but I'd be interested to see Kehrer tried at RWB when Zouma gets back at RCB. Perhaps his athleticism and calmness on the ball would work there whilst being a less critical position for defensive moments than a central one.
I reckon dropping Ogbonna for Zouma will have a better effect. He’s past his best. Kehrer is adapting and there were lots of positive signs today.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

We've let in the same amount of goals as Manchester United, who sit in 3rd.

Kehrer has played in most of our league games.

He must be doing something right.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1036 likes

Post by stu1 »

smuts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:53 pm If he stepped up Wilson would have been offside. However after that he was very good and made some excellent interceptions.
That might be so but in real time, if he’d stepped up it would have been some sort absolute elite defending. He was pretty much in a straight line most the time, until a split second where Oggy got turned. Wilson finished well and there is very little blame for Kehrer.

Criticise players when they deserve to be, which Kehrer has so far this season but anyone criticising him too much for today’s goal is letting their bias sway them.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1081 likes
Total likes: 1386 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

He had a very good game yesterday

Johnson was just as good when he came on

Nice to see these fellas taking the chances when they come along
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

westlondonhammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:00 am He had a very good game yesterday

Johnson was just as good when he came on

Nice to see these fellas taking the chances when they come along
Absolutely.

Both Kehrer and Johnson gave Moyes a nice headache last night, while Zouma is out.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

best football from johnson for some time. kehrer has a huge mistake in him every game although cant blame him entirely for their goal.
definetly better at RCB than as fullback but not sure he is good enough to start for us. johnson starts against chelsea
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Hopefully injury doesn't keep him out, looked good or there yesterday, not sure he alone could be blamed for their goal. Good passer of the ball, hope he is know becoming more settled and we will see more from him.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:20 pm Thilo is at his best when he is allowed to defend "on the front foot". Progressive defending, stepping up. He did that a lot late in the first half. Several key interceptions and runs with the ball to keep us pushing. He was key in our best passage of play.
That’s all well and good but it also requires the ability to recover defensively because you will at times get done in behind (see the goal yesterday). I don’t believe Kehrer has that. Aguerd (spectacularly) yes, Kehrer not convinced. I agree the goal wasn’t his fault (foul on Mick, Paqueta weak, good pass) but he got nowhere near Wilson after that.

Progressive defending (whatever that is) is all well and good but can you defend - I mean really defend in the hurly burly of the Premier League. I was much more comfortable with Johnson there in terms of recovery defending.