Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by sendô »

Plus she ticks all of the right boxes.

Like I said, I'm not complaining that I'll have to stare at her post race. :D
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

sendô wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:25 pm Plus she ticks all of the right boxes.

Like I said, I'm not complaining that I'll have to stare at her post race. :D
Is 'post race' a euphemism?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

She'll be an improvement on Paul Di Other one.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

-DL- wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:02 am Could it be because the few times I have seen her on the F1 coverage, that she is actually a pretty good presenter, knowledgeable, and insightful, and has a nice, laid back interviewing style?
I think she's nice but she literally can't be any way knowledgeable about what it is like to drive an F1 car.

It may be that you don't need to have that experience to be successful but if she is to be more Martin Brundle than David Croft, then I don't get how she does that.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Just sneaking in the fact that the best racing championship has started its first test of the calendar year..... :coolas:
LittleChris
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by LittleChris »

Hmm, more likely 11/12 March at Navarro and Donington 2 weeks later :winker:
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

BSB has been impressively good of late, I give you that!

For prototype racing though :coolas:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Back to black :coolas:

Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Testing starts tomorrow, here we go again. :crossed:
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

^^^^ That is stunner, a thing of beauty, much better than last seasons absolute munter!

So, preseason testing starts tomorrow. We'll get an early indicator of team readiness, if not car speed. See who turns up late, who has reliability issues, who misses sessions, etc. Remember Williams missing a day and a half a couple of years back, Mercedes accused of sand-bagging last year, when in fact no, they were just poor!

Last year was dull for the most part so I am really hoping for a 3-way battle at the front this year, hopefully Red Bull won't dominate, Ferrari will get their act in order and Merc turn up with a fast car from the off.

My prediction (hope?) for top 3:

Mercedes will start slow but gain over the season, picking up good points until Hamilton finally takes the lead in the championship after the summer break. He wins number 8 and then walks away. Russell finishes a strong second having to take team orders once or twice during the year.

Ferrari will finally blend a fast car with a professional pit wall and will push close for the championships but lack of experience at the sharp end under pressure will hinder them.

Red Bull will be quick and win races but Perez will have his elbows out this year so they will implode under in-fighting with Max throwing Alonso-like tantrums.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:27 am Testing starts tomorrow, here we go again. :crossed:
Guess who happens to be off work for two days?

No I won’t be watching it live but will spend an hour or so zooming through it hoping the red bull wheels fall off (or they order too many sandwiches again and get properly punished this time)

The Merc looks wonderful and the Ferrari doesn’t look shabby either on the track.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Saw a trailer for F1 coverage last night, that had the cars competing on a hot wheels style track, which I felt was rather overrepresenting how interesting it actually ends up being most of the time.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

New Drive To Survive comes out this Friday too.

From what I can gather, one bust up between Wolff and Horner aside - which may or may not have been hammed up for the Netflix cameras - it's pretty dull. Apparently Williams aren't even featured, so at least it's accurate to actual race days in that regard.
westham,eggyandchips

The new Merc and The Mclaren look ****ing awesome!
westham,eggyandchips

Bend it like Repka

sendô wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:30 pm New Drive To Survive comes out this Friday too.

From what I can gather, one bust up between Wolff and Horner aside - which may or may not have been hammed up for the Netflix cameras - it's pretty dull. Apparently Williams aren't even featured, so at least it's accurate to actual race days in that regard.
Watching the first Golf one on Netflix, they immediately focused on the "rivalry" between friends Speith and Thomas.

All the F1 drivers had the hump over this approach, so Netflix are rather snookered.
Bend it like Repka

Red Bull look to have already improved their title winning car. Nice to see that they will probably reap the benefit of overspend for a third consecutive year.

When you see how hard teams like Haas are working to save money, it's sickening really.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-how-h ... -pit-wall/
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Anyone else listen if miss apex podcast. I love it and have even taken up Patreon sub to support it.

Obviously Red Bull are way ahead reaping their rewards from cheating last year and getting an engine freeze because Honda ‘left’ (honest they are not building the engines and sending them over).

Mercedes where over 10km slower on the straights which is not a true reflection end used a high downforce wing throughout, clearly hiding pace. Alpine seemed to hide a lot too.

I’m excited but struggling, I cba watching Max dominate again. I dislike him, the team he drives for a have nothing but hate for Horner who I wish nothing but professional failure.

Saying that I’m really looking forward to F2 and F3 once again. So competitive
Last edited by wolf359 on Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Spanish GP track layout changes for 2023

The chicane before the last corner will not be used, meaning to two 150mph+ corners lead on to the long home straight.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

:cashman: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2 ... formula-1/

'Tottenham Hotspur is delighted to announce a 15-year strategic partnership with Formula 1 that will bring a brand-new motorsport experience to London.

'The partnership will see the exclusive delivery of the world’s first in-stadium electric karting facility and London’s longest indoor track, based below Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’s iconic South Stand - the latest example of how the multi-use nature of the stadium is attracting a wide range of sports and events, creating a wealth of opportunities and experiences for partners, fans and visitors.

The one-of-its-kind experience, which will be seen at no other football stadium in Europe, will include separate tracks for both adults and juniors and has been accredited by the National Karting Association, making the facility a potential future venue for national karting championship races. In addition, the experience will also include interactive motorsport activities and food and beverage facilities.'

Any nail in the coffin for F1 :zippy: