Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Tenbury »

On the dog's thing,I don't care about them. Stop eating meals in pubs. Restaurants/cafes are for eating.
Pubs are for drinking. I don't want to see some snot nosed kid, with his mum all dressed up, eating with his mouth open while I'm drinking/playing cards/watching the racing/having a good swear.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1875 likes
Total likes: 2492 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

The telesales kids are forced to come to the office on Wednesdays. Loud, boring, entitled millennials with no volume control, shouting absolute b*llocks at each other about anything and everything (except work, they don’t talk about work). Think I’ll switch to Mondays & Thursdays, I can’t deal with their empty banality.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Temporary traffic lights they are ****ing everywhere at the minute
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Barking Iron wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:54 am Temporary traffic lights they are ****ing everywhere at the minute
Yep, nightmare.

Was told more than a few years ago so may well have changed that the local councils have a splurge this time of year to spend the money so they get the same, or more funding for the next financial year.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

They closed two roads in shenfield this morning for tree surgeons to cut back the shrubbery, so I think your on the money
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

Tenbury wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:25 pm Psoriatic arthritis flare up. Was planning on using the chainsaw, right now can't even grip a bloody steering wheel.
Thanks Tenbury. I hadn't heard of this condition before and my issues have always been attributed to RSI. I am generally fine during waking hours but struggle at night which seems to be a symptom of this condition.

I have the other form of arthritis too, but that is because of a Bennetts fracture where I am not ready to have the fix the consultant is proposing (screw my thumb back in the right place and leave it stuck out at 90 degrees)
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

An irritation this time.

Ageas are the underwriters for RAC insurance. I was in an accident last September and they have refused to contact the police to get witness statements or even read the account of the accident I submitted from their assessment of the accident. I made a complaint and they waited until the legally required time to respond was up before saying they didn't have time to look into the complaint.

If they actually did something and I was at fault I could accept the decision, but as the police said at the scene they were taking responsabilty as the accident would not have happened without their involvement, and the only witness who could see both cars said it wasn't my fault, their apathy is particularly galling.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Wasted the entire morning waiting in court for wife to give evidence..

The guy shouldn't be out he is a danger to everyone but he does it all time plays the mental health card mucks courts about and gets the case moved and witnesses don't come back as it's a pain

Case cancelled again his mental health playing up and his lawyers got confused about what case it was as he has a few

Well remand him in prison until the case comes back eh? Then I wonder how quick he will be fine to stand trail

Also if he has many cases against him.. why is he on bail?

Apparently pulling a gun on my wife is fine to walk around the streets of Newham

So glad she out of that borough now for work
Pete647580
Has liked: 1217 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Today everything.

Every ****ing thing.
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

" We`ll connect you to an advisor shortly"

20 minutes later "We`ll connect you to an advisor shortly"

AAAARGH!

Why is it so hard to just talk to someone ?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

badabing, all about covid innit, many of the c**** are still using that excuse, the c****...
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Barking Iron wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:57 pm They closed two roads in shenfield this morning for tree surgeons to cut back the shrubbery, so I think your on the money
The Knights Who Say "Ni" will sort that lot out.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

cancelled ' 2 'auto renew' policies , received confirmation both cancelled, both taken full payment , now i have to chase around to get my money back
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Windscreen stone chips right in your eye line.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:16 pm Windscreen stone chips right in your eye line.
Had to have a replacement a few years back, stone fell off a lorry on the A1 resulting in a massive crack. Car was only 6 months old. New windscreen was on for 2 weeks......going up the A1 again and yep - a small chip right in the drivers eye line. Got it filled but its not 100%, winds me right up.

My last visit to Canada to see my sister I borrowed my nephews car, the screen wasn't far off of this on the passenger side....

He'd been driving around with it all winter.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Adverts on commercial radio. Not so much the ads, but the annoying git at the end reeling off the T&Cs at 500mph at the end. A pure ass covering exercise.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:35 am Adverts on commercial radio. Not so much the ads, but the annoying git at the end reeling off the T&Cs at 500mph at the end. A pure ass covering exercise.
That's a job I want. Imagine the hourly pay rate just for saying subjecttoavailabilitytermsandconditionsapplyseewebsitefordetails
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Voiceover work like this?

'stone hammer
Has liked: 787 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:29 pm Was told more than a few years ago so may well have changed that the local councils have a splurge this time of year to spend the money so they get the same, or more funding for the next financial year.
As someone who puts out temporary traffic lights, I can confirm that is the case. Last year the council spunked 10s of thousands redoing the kerb line of a footpath on a country road. We were there a month, and there was a grand total of around one pedestrian per day using said footpath.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1217 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

badabing wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm " We`ll connect you to an advisor shortly"

20 minutes later "We`ll connect you to an advisor shortly"

AAAARGH!

Why is it so hard to just talk to someone ?
'We are currently experiencing higher than usual demands....'

(automated phone message for the past 2 years).

Trans: 'We don't want to spend money on employing enough staff to provide a decent service'.