⚽ West Ham Utd 4-0 Nottingham Forest (25/2/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

El brooko79
Has liked: 3020 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Nottingham Forest: match thread

Post by El brooko79 »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:19 pm If he doesn't "go to ground" as a result of the challenge, then no foul has been committed.
I don't think that was a pen.
But a foul doesn't have to mean the "victim" goes down.
goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I'm puzzled at why people are discussing the 'penalty'. Ben johnson goes to try and tackle, realises he can't get the ball and pulls back. h
His foot just about touches the other johnson's leg, who then throws himself to the ground. In what world is that a foul?
'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 535 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

goa127 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:28 pm I'm puzzled at why people are discussing the 'penalty'.
It puzzles me why posters question why people are talking about certain topics. Clearly because it interests them, or they disagree with someone's viewpoint.
Ben johnson goes to try and tackle, realises he can't get the ball and pulls back.
He does. It's clumsy, probably what you'd call 'soft', but I thought it was a foul.

Yes he throws himself to the ground after like a ****. Still a foul for me.
GreenIron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

It was not a foul or a penalty. It was a yellow card for simulation. So the referee got one wrong and one right.

LAW 14: THE PENALTY KICK
A penalty kick is awarded if a player commits a direct free kick offence inside their penalty area or off the field as part of play as outlined in Laws 12 and 13.

LAW 12: FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
* charges
* jumps at
* kicks or attempts to kick
* pushes
* strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
* tackles or challenges
* trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
* Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
* Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
* Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

CAUTIONS FOR UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR
There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Billydinho wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:47 pm Some delusional Forest fans there.

Not sure what it is about some newly promoted clubs and their sense of entitlement. We’ve had a poor season but there’s not one player they have who is better than ours man for man.
Plenty on here and social media as well
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

MB wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:19 pm The one bemoaning a slow start against a team lacking in confidence was uncanny!
Yup
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1076 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

'stone hammer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:38 pm It puzzles me why posters question why people are talking about certain topics. Clearly because it interests them, or they disagree with someone's viewpoint.

He does. It's clumsy, probably what you'd call 'soft', but I thought it was a foul.

Yes he throws himself to the ground after like a ****. Still a foul for me.
Day 3 of you still wanting this penalty chat

Hope you watched ref watch yesterday, where two ex-pros, the presenter and Dermot Gallagher all said it was never a penalty. Not sure how that could ever been seen as a pen just because their legs touched and I don't think that is a foul anywhere else on the pitch either.

It was blatant cheating
'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 535 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

MB wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:43 pm Isn’t it as simple as he is the big bloke the little blokes play off? We have three strikers who cannot or won’t win headers. Take him out of the team and the football improves but we become one dimensional the other way.

Also lets us punt upfield if we need to.
Even Pippo used to win headers, and so does Messi. You don't have to be LeBron to jump high enough, although it helps.

I still cannot understand the purpose of having Soucek in the team. Not when we are supposed to pass and move. He cannot pass, and he cannot move.