In other news

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: In other news

Post by Samba »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:18 pm Maybe it was a magic carpet.
Every time I’ve bought a rug, it seems to want to roll itself up again for a good length of time – even have had to use carpet hooks/hold downs to keep the dammed thing from springing up again.

May be that's what happened?

He wrapped himself up in clingfilm (for fun and giggles) fell over, and the damned rug he'd just bought earlier that day from TK-Max (other stores available), chose that moment to start to roll itself up again.

The combined movement of him trying to disentangle himself from the rug, alongside the natural elastic nature of the rug, ended up with him well and truly rolled up like a pinch of old Holborn laying in the cusp of a forefinger and thumb of a Yorkie lorry driver with a pack of green rizlas'.

Sounds perfectly feasible to me. :newthumb:
Shabu
Has liked: 4162 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

A boat carrying a load of migrants capsized off of Blacks Beach just north of San Diego.

Unfortunately, 8 people died.

Blacks Beach is a large beach with a massive cliff over it. It's where Torrey Pines golf course is.

So it's an ideal place to drop people off. No houses or anything nearby.

It's also a nudist Beach and basically a gay shagging beach. It's on one of my jogging routes (honest, I'm just there to jog) & there's cock everywhere.

Can you imagine being a migrant. You've risked your life getting through very dangerous territory in Central America and Mexico only to be dropped off on a beach full of penises.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/eight- ... 023-03-12/
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:18 amIt's also a nudist Beach and basically a gay shagging beach. It's on one of my dogging routes..
:shock: :arry:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Just happened so no links yet, Eleanor Williams has been sentenced to eight and a half years prison for making false rape allegations.

Link now available.

I wonder how long those she accused would have got had they been found guilty?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:25 pm Just happened so no links yet, Eleanor Williams has been sentenced to eight and a half years prison for making false rape allegations.

Link now available.

The accused bloke doesn't look very Asian.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

One of the three was. Hopefully it's quite hard to find any Asian grooming gangs left now, that's why the fantasist failed at the first step........
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

What a ****.

This 14 year old girl gets raped & a cop takes her to the hospital for the rape exam. He then tells her he'll be her mentor but then made her send nude photos to him & eventually he molested her.

Now been sentenced to 14 years in prison. I doubt if he'll have a pleasant time in there.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ape-victim

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Bloody hell, after that bloke in Baton Rouge being found rolled in plastic then wrapped in a carpet & the police saying foul play wasn't suspected here's another one.

A young black bloke went to work in a small town in Mississippi as a welder & had an argument with a white coworker. He was scared & left the site then told his mum that he was being chased by a bunch of white blokes in trucks. She said "Call Plod" or words to that effect, then she never heard from him again.

A month later his decapitated body is found in the woods.

The police told his family that foul play wasn't suspected.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64959800

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3wm7k/ ... eem-carter
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:25 pm Just happened so no links yet, Eleanor Williams has been sentenced to eight and a half years prison for making false rape allegations.

Link now available.

Like genuine rape cases, this made me sick to my stomach.

Hope she suffers for a very long time.
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

I've watch both series of Clarkson's Farm and I enjoyed both. A few belly laughs but overall I feel that Clarkson has been treated poorly by the local council and some objectors - series 2 in particular highlighted this.

Well anyway Jeremy Clarkson's farm shop has been described as both a "menace" and "a success for local people" during a planning meeting.

Villagers clashed at the meeting about the impact of the business on the Oxfordshire countryside.

The hearing relates to Mr Clarkson's appeal against the refusal by the council to grant planning permission for an extension to the car park at his shop.

The meeting continues on Wednesday.

Jeremy Clarkson's farm branded 'a menace and a success'

I very much doubt if he will get any permission which I feel is actually a shame
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Florida is looking to push through a law banning talk of female menstrual cycles in schools.

Because freedom.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 504099002/
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Two teens, one 15 & one 16, burgle a house.

Police turn up and shoot one of them.

The other one is convicted of his murder and sentenced to 55 years in prison. 30 for murder & 25 for burgling.

Now his supporters are trying to get the sentence reduced.

Do you reckon the 55 years was a bit harsh or spot on?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... hot-friend
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Shabu wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm Two teens, one 15 & one 16, burgle a house.

Police turn up and shoot one of them.

The other one is convicted of his murder and sentenced to 55 years in prison. 30 for murder & 25 for burgling.

Now his supporters are trying to get the sentence reduced.

Do you reckon the 55 years was a bit harsh or spot on?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... hot-friend
I find it a bit weird that he got 25 for the burglary and 30 for the murder, seems well out of proportion to each other.

Overall though, although I don't agree that he should be convicted for his co-scum's murder, 55 years seems a bit OTT considering his age and the circumstances.

Do they get off early with good behaviour or anything?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:17 pm I find it a bit weird that he got 25 for the burglary and 30 for the murder, seems well out of proportion to each other.

Overall though, although I don't agree that he should be convicted for his co-scum's murder, 55 years seems a bit OTT considering his age and the circumstances.

Do they get off early with good behaviour or anything?
Yeah they usually do. Sometimes not though.

Reading more about it there were a few kids that day breaking into houses stealing stuff. They had guns on them & the dead one apparently charged the Old Bill shooting at them.

The other kids took plea deals & received sentences between 17-28 years. He went to trial & got found guilty.

His sentence is a bit harsh but if you're a 15 year old kid carrying a gun you probably ain't going down the right path anytime soon anyway.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy3gkj/ ... le-release
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Are mass-timber buildings a fire safety risk?

Surely building with sustainable wood would be great environmentally, far better than concrete and steel.

But I'd say the risk is that whilst being built, the programme gets squeezed, budgets get squeezed and as a result VE/cost cutting used brings down the probable install quality. No one seems to use CoW / inspectors anymore, so who is going to ensure that the works are to the required standards?

Are mass-timber buildings a fire safety risk?

Some example buildings - bloody lovely I think, not sure I'd want to maintain them though.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

An American tourist in the Scottish Highlands died after he sat on a bench to have a fag and toppled backwards with the bench pinning him to a wall.

The owners were fined 14 grand with the local sheriff saying "There can be fewer low risk activities than sitting outside on a garden bench, taking a photograph and having a cigarette."

Obviously the eejit hasn't heard about how smoking kills.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 038029.amp
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Shabu wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:51 pm An American tourist in the Scottish Highlands died after he sat on a bench to have a fag and toppled backwards with the bench pinning him to a wall.

The owners were fined 14 grand with the local sheriff saying "There can be fewer low risk activities than sitting outside on a garden bench, taking a photograph and having a cigarette."

Obviously the eejit hasn't heard about how smoking kills.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 038029.amp
Great, so we can expect benches to start having warning signs stuck on them now?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

GOLLIWOGS

Didn't want to start a thread on a narrow Iranian issue. It's just passed Nowruz, a festival celebrating the Spring Solstice that is massive in Iran and other countries. A central Figure is Haji Firooz, a blackface character. At home, we have a little puppet of this (which is kind of Wallace & Grommet style). I've read translations of Haji Firooz songs and they are unambiguously a black servant singing to a master, even if it is mocking.

Think this video explains it very well.