The Physical Health Thread

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: The Physical Health Thread

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

pablo jaye wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:08 pm TOMOS - welcome back and sorry to hear of your health issues. As you well know, there are plenty of supportive folk on here and always willing to help.

Looking forward to posts about what else you’ve been up to - photography, books etc. How has your son got on with his drama (?) course??

Take care!!

Thank you , Pablo -

re the photography - I'd been trying to save for an upgrade on my old Nikon D7000 and older lenses but it all seems unimportant just now ,all dependent on the news I receive after more scans - I'd rather put the dosh towards home improvements in case Jen decides to move in the future .We'll see .

Dan re-joined the Plockton Amateur Dramatic group and was due to perform as ' Buttons ' in their performance of ' Cinderella ' back in January 2022 but it got put back due to the re-emergence of Covid - they kept at it though and eventually got to put in 4 performances over 3 nights back in February of this year - I was genuinely surprised at how much he'd developed , he's a natural entertainer and showed the confidence and maturity of a much more experienced player , his delivery , ad-libbing and projection were a joy , essentially he was the link-man between the show and the audience , bless him and he did his job really well - we're all very proud of him , very proud .

Jen and I drove him to an after-Panto dinner last week , Jen was invited as she was involved with the costume making but as the evening fell on my birthday [ St Patrick's Day ] she decided to stay with me instead - we drove back to Kyle for chips then waited in the Plockton car park until the dinner / party was over - at 10.30 pm there was a knock on the window , it was Dan saying the Drama Group wanted to see Jen and myself - I was wearing my old gardening fleece covered in chip curry sauce and pie gravy so said ' Tell them Thanks but No Thanks ' but he looked so disappointed Jen insisted I stick my old North Face jacket on and go in to the pub with him - as I entered the room they all got up and sang ' For He's A Jolly Good Fellow ' - Out of a group of 40-50 I knew around 3 of them - I didn't know where to look , was embarrassed as anything - Dan had arranged it all of course . He's a good lad .
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Good to see you back TOMOS, I was worried DL had left you tied up naked on a remote Scottish mountain! Like a couple of the others, I wandered over here after seeing you post on the film & TV forum. It sounds like you have a good family and friends to support you through this latest health scare. Wishing you all the best.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sorry to hear about your health problems mate...

positive thoughts going your way..

having spent the best part of almost a year trying to find out what was wrong with my stomach and having tests galore, it's no fun.

2nd doctor seems to have found out what HE thinks was wrong/is wrong...who knows ..

bacterial infection in the colon..thinks he's figured the bugger out but says it might come back.

have to watch what I eat but that's no big deal in the grand scheme..made going out to eat or for a beer impossible for the past 8 or 9 months......

went out to eat the other day, didn't eat anything that's on my "list" and made it home in time to hit the bathroom...

:swear:

oh well.

as a dear friend of mine used to say

this getting old s**t, is getting, well...OLD.....
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

I managed to get to the doctors last week.

I’ve been put on meloxicam to help with my joints, anyone else used it?

I also have a blood test on the 18th of April, mostly to rule out rheumatoid arthritis.

Still getting white and blue fingers in the cold which is rubbish.
The Old Man of Storr

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 pm I managed to get to the doctors last week.

I’ve been put on meloxicam to help with my joints, anyone else used it?

I also have a blood test on the 18th of April, mostly to rule out rheumatoid arthritis.

Still getting white and blue fingers in the cold which is rubbish.

Got to be very careful with some of these drugs - I've just looked it up and it states ' Recommended for as short a period as possible ' .

After an operation on my back I was prescribed 3 x Diclofenac daily , I am convinced that it was this that led to kidney failure followed by full blown sepsis .

Not trying to scare you , just be aware and don't take them for a prolonged period .

How are your stress / anxiety levels - Raynaud's Phenomenon can be triggered by cold weather , stress etc .

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-an ... %20returns.

After having the diclofenac taken off me I wondered if my arthritis was going to get worse - I decided to go back onto the allopurinol , I haven't drunk alcohol for approximately 15 years , I try to eat healthily and for the past 10 years I'd say that my gout/arthritis has been almost non-existent . Maybe you could reassess your diet ?

p.s. I'm not a real Doctor so best to listen to your GP .
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Wasn't going to share this as it is good news, but on reflection if you get diagnosed, or you are waiting for results there can be good news at the end of the tunnel.

Not so long ago I had some blood in my man juice, after many tests I had the all clear yesterday afternoon. They have no idea what happened, one of those things that sometimes just can, but blood in man juice all gone and nothing serious found, just got to keep an eye on it, which may sting a bit :D

So good news for me and mine which I'm very thankful for. Mentally over the last few weeks I thought I was fine, but f*** me, proper drained this morning, probably all relief coming out and it was weighing more heavily on me than I thought. So if waiting, or been diagnosed, look after yourself mentally as well. If it be talking, doing something fun, whatever; but look after yourself and good luck on the road ahead :newthumb:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

That's good news CH, now stop tugging so hard!
The Old Man of Storr

To say I'm happy for you is an understatement , Clacks - well done , mate . :newthumb:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I didn't do anything per se, although as Metal says may have to be less aggressive, but cheers dude, good luck to you, and others on your road ahead :newthumb:
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Had a similar experience about 10 years ago Clackers, glad all okay :newthumb:

Anyone suffered bone bruising that doesn't seem to heal? I mentioned a fall I had just before christmas in the irritate thread, bruising ribs and sternum. As part of the same jolly arse over tit moment I also whacked my shin bone by the knee, I had a lump like I was trying to smuggle a tennis ball for 2 weeks and then just assumed the pain would go away. Its still tender 3 1/2 months later. Must have really wellied it, luckily my mind was on trying to stop the pain in the chest at the time.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

One of my friends had that a while back. He sent regular emails about his raspberry ripple wanks.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Four weeks on from having a wider excision on my back for the skin cancer, I now have on my back what can only be described as a gaping vagina with a lump of sea coral inserted in it.

It looks manky and gross, and is stinging like hell.

I'm on antibiotics, and have an appointment on Wednesday with the wound clinic, but nonetheless, it ain't pretty and I suspect I shall be left with yet another unsightly scar.

One day a surgery or ailment will go to plan 😳🙄🤦‍♂️
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Seems I'm now 'in the system'. Here was me thinking maybe in, at most, a few months I'd be able to walk 10 paces without gasping for breath, but hey ho, now I have to wait, maybe 12 month maybe longer. Meanwhile my shins have swollen to resemble my thighs, and they burn like f*ck. I don't do housebound. Frankly, if I could climb up to the roof, I'd jump off it.
The Old Man of Storr

Tenbury wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:03 pm Seems I'm now 'in the system'. Here was me thinking maybe in, at most, a few months I'd be able to walk 10 paces without gasping for breath, but hey ho, now I have to wait, maybe 12 month maybe longer. Meanwhile my shins have swollen to resemble my thighs, and they burn like f*ck. I don't do housebound. Frankly, if I could climb up to the roof, I'd jump off it.
Does your GP know about your leg situation , if not then get him round to see you asap .
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Tenbury wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:03 pm Seems I'm now 'in the system'. Here was me thinking maybe in, at most, a few months I'd be able to walk 10 paces without gasping for breath, but hey ho, now I have to wait, maybe 12 month maybe longer. Meanwhile my shins have swollen to resemble my thighs, and they burn like f*ck. I don't do housebound. Frankly, if I could climb up to the roof, I'd jump off it.
Take care Tenners and above all seek help.
Please don't do any jumping(even if you could), we'd all miss you too much.
Anything I or anyone else can do then just say please.
My PM's are always open.
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by Jennings »

12 months or even longer might not be ideal, but practicing roof jumping, even less so.

Maybe take on board some of your own outstanding advice you've given on this thread, and try and push through.

Stay strong, Tenners.
The Old Man of Storr

mushy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:36 am Take care Tenners and above all seek help.
Please don't do any jumping(even if you could), we'd all miss you too much.
Anything I or anyone else can do then just say please.
My PM's are always open.

Well said , Tim - you're a good man .

Jerry - you're one of the most loved people on here and that has to mean something , it truly saddens me that you're feeling so low that you felt you had to post what you did - I hope whatever medication they've put you on helps and you get some relief very soon - in the meantime we are all here for you via PM , this thread - I've also PM'd you my phone number .

Peter .
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 am Got to be very careful with some of these drugs - I've just looked it up and it states ' Recommended for as short a period as possible ' .
Hey ToMOS,

I’m on 1 x 7.5 mg for 3 weeks and if there are no side-effects I go to 15mg or 2 x 7.5mg. I’m not sure I’ve felt any benefit as my joints still hurt lake a barsteward. They’re also giving me horrible dreams. I’m also taking Glucosamine which was recommended, might just stick with that.
The Old Man of Storr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 am How are your stress / anxiety levels - Raynaud's Phenomenon can be triggered by cold weather , stress etc .
Not great, I’m not really stressed but I do suffer quite badly from anxiety. I’m almost wearing gloves everyday when I go out side. I’m finding that my hands will turn purple even in the house at times. Not sure gloves in the house is a strong look but willing to try it.

Thanks for the advice though.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

I've had a cough/cold/covid/manflu for about a month now.

Energy levels are ok but just coughing up like a smoker.

It just won't go away. Someone says it might be allergies but that doesn't settle in the chest, does it?
The Old Man of Storr

Bit late getting out today [ 4 pm ]aswe had guests arriving - but it was such a beautiful day we had to go out somewhere - ended up climbing the trails of Tor Mor Forest - I say Forest , it's now bereft of trees as they cut them all down and are in the process of re-planting so the views over to Glenelg , Knoydart , Mallaig , Camusdarach and Rum were just brilliant - I made a short video for you but haven't a clue how to upload it !! :grin:

Walking an average of 3 miles per day for he last 5 days which is more than I've done in a while - going out for a longer trek tomorrow .