David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Colours never run »

MB wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:54 am Cresswell, Soucek, Kehrer and Antonio say hi...

One thing our squad doesn't lack is scapegoats!
Johnson, Coufal and Scamacca also say hi. :hi-five:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4742 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

CNR calls for Pellegrini to have had more time even though Moyes had our best ever consecutive league finishes. :?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:02 pm CNR calls for Pellegrini to have had more time even though Moyes had our best ever consecutive league finishes. :?
I've given Moyes 3 and a half years before realising he's just not going to be the right man to take us forward anymore and risks taking us down after all the money he's now spent.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

Ergh, this thread is so boring. The same posters still making that same points over and over again :asleep:

Here’s a hypothetical to chew on to spice things up.

If Sullivan and Brady hadn’t given it large and promised us a “world class team in a world class stadium” and instead we were still in the Boleyn having just finished top 7 for two consecutive seasons for the first time ever and reaching a European semi final in the process - would Moyes be getting as much stick as he is now?

Or is it because he almost took us where we think we should be based on nothing other than the lies of GSB?
Colours never run

Romford_Iron wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 pm Ergh, this thread is so boring. The same posters still making that same points over and over again :asleep:

Here’s a hypothetical to chew on to spice things up.

If Sullivan and Brady hadn’t given it large and promised us a “world class team in a world class stadium” and instead we were still in the Boleyn having just finished top 7 for two consecutive seasons for the first time ever and reaching a European semi final in the process - would Moyes be getting as much stick as he is now?

Or is it because he almost took us where we think we should be based on nothing other than the lies of GSB?
Yes. The Stadium and the Boards lies has got bugger all to do with us currently being in the bottom 3 with relegation a real possibility now whilst playing mostly awful football, after all the money that has been spent.
Romford_Iron

Post by Romford_Iron »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 pm Yes. The Stadium and the Boards lies has got bugger all to do with us currently being in the bottom 3 with relegation a real possibility now whilst playing mostly awful football, after all the money that has been spent.

Come on mate, it’s all connected.

The CEO of West Ham United unnecessarily raised fans expectations by promising a “world class team in a world class stadium” and because the stadium is no where near world class, success is all we have left to cling onto.

The boards decisions and promises surrounding the stadium have changed the club forever.

Not to mention that board have been in control for over a decade and are the sole people to blame for the state of the squad - and that’s both the age and the unbalance of it. Plus if you look at the money we’ve spent since they’ve taken over and just imagine what Brighton’s owners would have accomplished with half of that, the lack of planning and foresight all of a sudden isn’t just the current managers fault, is it?

And given that we’ve lost so much of our identity through the move - I just find it odd that so many people are willing to not only sacrifice our spiritual home, but now also willing to trade our values as a club for just another roll of the premier league dice.

We used to stick by our own. Moyes has shown his worth. If we’re half the fans we say we are we would back the team to the hilt, these days we throw our toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble. Luckily firms are the thing of the past.

But please, blame the manager. And the next one. And the one after that. It can’t possibly be anyone else’s fault.
Romford_Iron

Post by Romford_Iron »

Football clubs are the only business in the world where the CEO’s have managed to convince everyone that everyone else is to blame.
Romford_Iron

Post by Romford_Iron »

Like people were seriously suggesting Poch and Tuchel as actual replacements, and believing that was a possibility. One is at Bayern and the other is likely to be at Real Madrid in the summer :lol:

Two seasons in Europe literally means f*** all guys.

Like I still don’t get why people think we should be automatically finishing top 7 - the squad we did that with was almost relegated the season before. Just because we spent “£170m” this summer doesn’t mean ****. Our squad is old and unbalanced and that has nothing to do with Moues. That has everything to do with the owners failure to set out a clear strategy and follow it. Instead they lunge from one target to another, seemingly looking like a scatter gun but in reality it’s whatever their agent “friend” can get a hold of :thdn:
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Romford_Iron wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 pm
For me

It's because of the teams performance levels and results when you look at the squad he has, the fact its his squad and the amount invested.

Take all history out, it's not good enough.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by D C »

Romford_Iron wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:51 pm
We used to stick by our own. Moyes has shown his worth. If we’re half the fans we say we are we would back the team to the hilt, these days we throw our toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble. Luckily firms are the thing of the past.

But please, blame the manager. And the next one. And the one after that. It can’t possibly be anyone else’s fault.
The ‘first sign of trouble’ under Moyes was nearly 18 months ago tbh. He’s consistently getting bad results and has had far longer than most modern managers would get

Of course the ownership is the biggest problem at the club, that doesn’t mean the manager should get a pass
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

El brooko79 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:24 pm
It's because of the teams performance levels and results when you look at the squad he has, the fact its his squad and the amount invested.

Take all history out, it's not good enough.
Then look behind the shop window: whose squad it really is, and who is really doing the "investing".

And you can't take the history out - for the simple reason that it keeps repeating itself.

Just like this thread...
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Albie Beck wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 pm Then look behind the shop window: whose squad it really is, and who is really doing the "investing".

And you can't take the history out - for the simple reason that it keeps repeating itself.

Just like this thread...
Moyes says he gets final say in transfers, his choice not to invest the Jan before.
Carlton Cole works at the club and says Moyes gets final say.

Unless anyone gives proof it's not his signings from my perspective it's all heresay. The burden of proof lies on them not being his.

History - I was talking about the last 2 years success which was part of the question I replied too.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

El brooko79 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:52 pm Moyes says he gets final say in transfers, his choice not to invest the Jan before.
Moyes may say that - he could hardly say otherwise. In reality he probably has a veto which can be exercised sometimes. But he cannot block every one of Sulli's whims, and the position isn't ever black and white.

So my advice is pay no attention to what's said (especially by the likes of Carlton, who I have a lot of time for generally...) but look at what happens. And history - ranging over many years with the knob in charge - should show you a constantly recurring theme.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

El brooko79 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:52 pm Moyes says he gets final say in transfers, his choice not to invest the Jan before.

Unless anyone gives proof it's not his signings from my perspective it's all heresay. The burden of proof lies on them not being his.

History - I was talking about the last 2 years success which was part of the question I replied too.
Final say is very different to proper control over the recruitment process. So many Moyes targets have been missed over the last three years.
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Albie Beck wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:03 pm Moyes may say that - he could hardly say otherwise. In reality he probably has a veto which can be exercised sometimes. But he cannot block every one of Sulli's whims, and the position isn't ever black and white.

So my advice is pay no attention to what's said (especially by the likes of Carlton, who I have a lot of time for generally...) but look at what happens. And history - ranging over many years with the knob in charge - should show you a constantly recurring theme.
Sorry mate but if Moyes is lying to cover Sully he is weak and just as culpable. Imo that's worse than some of the ***** performances he has delivered for the last 12 months.

You obviously have contacts as i can only go on what i see and hear the manager say. So which of the following signings were Moyes and which were Sullivans?

Paqueta, Scamacca, Vlasic, Kehrer, Benrahma, Ings, Cornet, Bowen, Soucek.

Why did Sully allow Moyes to vito Danjuma and not Scamacca?
Was Haller a Sully signing or Pellers and if Sully why did he allow moyes to bomb him out only to replace with Scamacca.

Finally if none of these are Moyes signings and he is saying they are: why is he not using them correctly even if he didn't want them. Every man and his dog can see it doesn't suit them.
I joked before but it sounds like Pitt/Hoffman in Moneyball.
Bubbles Fortuna

Honestly I think we over exaggerated our pull last January. Tried for Diaz, Phillips, Raphinha and Nunez, now at Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona and Liverpool.

Whether that's the owners not putting big enough transfer fees in, or in the case of Diaz Liverpool nipping in, or the players never being interested I don't know.

But there were players we wanted.

And we tried for Lingard and Zapata but had the plug pulled late on. It's not exactly true that we didn't want anyone.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:04 pm Final say is very different to proper control over the recruitment process. So many Moyes targets have been missed over the last three years.
:newthumb:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:29 pm Honestly I think we over exaggerated our pull last January. Tried for Diaz, Phillips, Raphinha and Nunez, now at Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona and Liverpool.

Whether that's the owners not putting big enough transfer fees in, or in the case of Diaz Liverpool nipping in, or the players never being interested I don't know.

But there were players we wanted.

And we tried for Lingard and Zapata but had the plug pulled late on. It's not exactly true that we didn't want anyone.
I think it’s a case of us maybe getting ahead of ourselves. We’re at that tricky stage of being seen as perhaps a flash in the pan despite now having a big stadium etc. West Ham has a reputation that will take some time to eradicate.

Also, I’m sure the agents of these players already know the interest from the big boys, so the odds are already stacked against us.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

It is 2023
Every manager in the world has to work under the constraints of a transfer policy that they dont have full control over
Moyes has more influence than a number of other managers in the Premier Leaguue, and less than others
If a managers primary argets are not realistic, then he won't be able to have them. That is no different to every other manager

You work with what you have whether they are not all your ideal players or not
Bubbles Fortuna

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:22 pm It is 2023
Every manager in the world has to work under the constraints of a transfer policy that they dont have full control over
Moyes has more influence than a number of other managers in the Premier Leaguue, and less than others
If a managers primary argets are not realistic, then he won't be able to have them. That is no different to every other manager

You work with what you have whether they are not all your ideal players or not
It would be nice to have more than one scout mind