What did you watch last night?

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: What did you watch last night?

Post by WCpete »

Mando S3 E4. I guess I'm the only person watching this now. More silliness, but more fun this week. Lots of flying about and shooting at things and a redemption/apology of sorts to JJ Binx actor.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

It ls not last night, but tonight, but I'm gonna watch Episode 2 of 'Tyrant~ The rise of Adolf Hitler. In this, programme 2 of 3, he makes it public, he plans to invade the former Czechoslovakia, which forced to bring Britain and France to declare war on Nazi Germany. I just can't help it, any programme about Hitler, I just have to watch. I know he wasn't a particularly nice man and all that, but he just fascinates me ~ he always has
Stevey
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Stevey »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:42 pm I know he wasn't a particularly nice man and all that
You might have a point actually.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Stevey wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:52 pm You might have a point actually.
He loved his dog and his niece!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Stevey wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:52 pm You might have a point actually.
I have just caught up with this quite brilliant series, that his own mother showered him with love and affection, but all this achieved was for him to bully her. What he needed was a smacked bottom
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Beyond Paradise E04

could possibly be one of the best 1 hour on television....

absolutely nothing (imvho) NOT to like about it...

:newthumb:
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

The Blues Brothers
:coolas:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

saw that due to winning a radio show ticket when it first came out..in 'ouston of course..

brilliant..

The Penguin..

:crylol:

AND...

we're getting the band back together..

think it was the original Mussel Shoals group, Steve Cropper et el..

:newthumb:
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

OFT wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:08 pm C4 The Piano

Remarkable performances from amateur pianists non more so than Lucy, and I quote the Telegraph: ' Lucy ,13 years old, Blind and unable to hold a conversation due to developmental delays'

In the 'final' she played Debussy's Arabesque No1, (no nor me!). It was wonderful, the audience, transfixed.

Six or so minutes of being amazed:-

Not seen the programme here in Australia but caught this on YouTube

Incredible as you say truly amazing and beautiful

Not sure your human if don’t get a bit of grit in your eyes
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

hammers92 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:49 am Married at First Sight Australia.

And what?
We watch this here in Australia
After about 6 or 7 series now it’s getting a bit ridiculous at times

Too many Just looking for their 15 minute of fame in last few series
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Finally got around to watching Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Definitely a trip down memory lane - it was pretty much a remake of the original in a different setting. A bit similar really to how 'A Force Awakens' was really just a remake of Star Wars. I liked it but it did have a few issues. As much as I loved all the nods to the original, the music, the old equipment, the old vehicle, the big dog things, etc... it just took away any kind of wow factor. I'd seen it all before. And as the film progressed, the amount of nods to the original became so great that I wondered if they were doing a scene for scene remake. If they had have done that then it would not have topped the original. It was missing something. I think the setting of the countryside dulled things a little compared to having it in the city. Cute mini marshmallow things just didn't have the same wow factor as a giant one. All the entities exploding from the top of 55 Central Park West in some kind of colourful light show looked a lot more spectacular than the same thing happening on the top of a hill in the middle of nowhere. There was not enough adult roles in the film. The old crew should have featured more. They didn't need to take over the film but they still could have had more than a novelty cameo appearance. I thought it was a little too kid-centric. I'm supposed to be watching Ghostbusters, not The Goonies. The biggest problem though was that they spent so long building things up that it took most of the film. The middle and the end seemed rushed. It felt like a new film up to a certain point before it suddenly felt like they were rushing through the original plot and trying too hard to satisfy every nostalgic yearn that the audience might have. Some inclusions didn't make sense. In the original, the marshmallow man was there for a very particular reason. It didn't make any sense for them to feature.

What I would have done is kept the first half pretty much the same except I'd have squeezed it into less time, and I'd have brought the ghostbusters in a bit earlier to prevent the show from being too kid-centric and unbelievable - let's face it, they'd need help. Paul Rudd should have had more of a role too. I'd have then removed all reference of zuul, goza, etc and had a completely different problem. Something new.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Pretty much spot on. Although I think it was a love letter to Harold Ramis. I was still glad that Bill Murray finally donned the suit again. The next one is set back in New York with the fire house and more screen time for Winston. Plus they may bring back a particular Carpathian. I'm just happy to have proper Ghostbusters back rather than another one from that god awful woke one
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

BBC4
Nighty Night

Series1 ep2
Re-run of the series from 2004( :shock:)
I'm sure most of you have watched this before but I'd forgotten just how good it is. For those who haven't it is IMO,dark comedy at its finest and most uncomfortable with a quite remarkable cast, including writer Julia Davis who s character, on finding that her husband has cancer decides, it's a great opportunity for her life to get much better.

Quite brilliant.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

1923, its very good

the night agent also very good 1-4 so far
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Ant and Decs Saturday night takeaway

:cried:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

szola wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:49 pm The Blues Brothers
:coolas:
Fantastic film - going to have to dig it out again!!

Have started watching Race Across The World. Absolutely love this show, the lovely missus jaye and I had sabbaticals booked about 3 years ago to do 3 months in South America, ironically along the lines of the previous series … and then Covid hit, so plans were shelved indefinitely. However, I fully suspect that plans will be fully recharged after a couple of episodes of this.

Also working our way through series 2 of Clarkson’s Farm. Whilst he can be like marmite, he has put the focus on the trials of farming life and there are some good elements to the show - although I doubt there is another farmer in the country who has the disposable income that he can chuck at things. Thought that some the locals are particularly awful with some of the things they said about him - NIMBYism at its most rampant!!
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1564 likes

Post by alf git »

Not last night. Looking for something to fill an hour Friday night.
Some six hours later i had finished the first season of Slow Horses. Inter departmental espionage shenanigans at their finest. Gary Oldman is excellent Hands down the best thing I've seen on Apple TV so far.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

alf git wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:03 pm Not last night. Looking for something to fill an hour Friday night.
Some six hours later i had finished the first season of Slow Horses. Inter departmental espionage shenanigans at their finest. Gary Oldman is excellent Hands down the best thing I've seen on Apple TV so far.
Old Horses is good but Severance is right up there with one of the best individual seasons I’ve ever seen.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

hammers92 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:11 pm Slow Horses is good but Severance is right up there with one of the best individual seasons I’ve ever seen.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Yep really enjoyed Slow Horses. I'm halfway through the books and Lamb is even more repulsive in those. :lol:

I couldn't get into Severance to be honest.