America - Guns & Mass Shootings

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Re: America - Guns & Mass Shootings

Post by Shabu »

stu1 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 pm But not a biological male……..how utterly ridiculous things have become.
I'm actually still confused.

Was the shooter a man transitioning to a woman or the other way around?

Either way, there's plenty of ammunition for both sides of the American political divide.
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

stu1 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 pm But not a biological male……..how utterly ridiculous things have become.
Some would argue, that despite a cock and balls flapping around down below, she's a real woman. This one seems to be a she identifying as a he though, so yes, a rare case of a woman carrying out one of these attacks.........
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

WCpete wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:36 pm School shooting in Nashville Tenn. 6 dead including the shooter. The shooter was a female. The madness keeps rolling on.

Jesus, reminds me of Terminator, when he goes int the police station with guns and more guns.. How on earth can someone walk around carrying that kind of fire power and someone not raise an alarm before they get to the school?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:47 am Jesus, reminds me of Terminator, when he goes int the police station with guns and more guns.. How on earth can someone walk around carrying that kind of fire power and someone not raise an alarm before they get to the school?
Because they all think someone strolling down the street carrying guns is normal.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

delbert wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:07 am Some would argue, that despite a cock and balls flapping around down below, she's a real woman. This one seems to be a she identifying as a he though, so yes, a rare case of a woman carrying out one of these attacks.........
It doesn't really matter, does it? It's completely irrelevant in this story right now that the shooter was transgender, and people like Marjorie Taylor Greene making it a point is deflecting away from the fact that the ease of access to guns that cuts across America makes these incidents so much more common than they need to be.

Three 9 year olds are dead as a result of ease of gun access. Guns are more like to kill children in America than car accidents (at least, it was do in 2020). It sickens me that people* want to use this as yet another stick to beat transgender people with rather than get to the core of the issue - guns and access to them being far too easy.

(*not you here, delbert, or anybody else on this site to date I beleive)
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

delbert wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:07 am Some would argue, that despite a cock and balls flapping around down below, she's a real woman. This one seems to be a she identifying as a he though, so yes, a rare case of a woman carrying out one of these attacks.........
Oh my mistake, slightly surprised the media are referring to the person by their correct sex.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

Shabu wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:50 pm I'm actually still confused.

Either way, there's plenty of ammunition for both sides of the American political divide.
Just as Andy became Scottish when he lost, which side will be disowning "They" ?
Last edited by Deepster on Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:47 am Jesus, reminds me of Terminator, when he goes int the police station with guns and more guns.. How on earth can someone walk around carrying that kind of fire power and someone not raise an alarm before they get to the school?
People probably just assumed she was going to get her Christmas card picture taken.
delbert

Post by delbert »

YorksHammer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:57 am It doesn't really matter, does it? It's completely irrelevant in this story right now that the shooter was transgender, and people like Marjorie Taylor Greene making it a point is deflecting away from the fact that the ease of access to guns that cuts across America makes these incidents so much more common than they need to be.

Three 9 year olds are dead as a result of ease of gun access. Guns are more like to kill children in America than car accidents (at least, it was do in 2020). It sickens me that people* want to use this as yet another stick to beat transgender people with rather than get to the core of the issue - guns and access to them being far too easy.

(*not you here, delbert, or anybody else on this site to date I beleive)
We don't know the motive yet mate, it could be of a relevance. However, I completely agree, easy access to weapons is by far the major factor at play here, without that any fantasy to shoot up a school remains a warped desire and not a sickening reality.........
Deepster

Post by Deepster »

Denbighammer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:42 am People probably just assumed she was going to get her Christmas card picture taken.
Brilliant, I'm laughing more than I should be
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

delbert wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:50 am We don't know the motive yet mate, it could be of a relevance. However, I completely agree, easy access to weapons is by far the major factor at play here, without that any fantasy to shoot up a school remains a warped desire and not a sickening reality.........
And that's it isn't it? There can be any motive in the world but take away the means to follow through and you take away the crime that follows.

From the reports, this was planned in detail, but those plans don't get followed through on without any access.

It's such a sorry state of affairs, it really is. We had Hungerford and acted, we had Dunblane and acted. Inaction in the US is killing children, and their politicians are desperately looking for reasons as to why stricter gun control isn't the answer.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Shabu wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:50 pm I'm actually still confused.

There has been some confusion about the shooter's gender identity, as disclosed by police.
The police first identified the shooter as a 28-year-old woman - Audrey Elizabeth Hale.
At a news conference later on Monday, Nashville's police chief said Hale was transgender.
A police spokesperson has since told the Washington Post that Hale "is a biological woman who, on a social media profile, used male pronouns
Above is from the BBC.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Deepster

Post by Deepster »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:41 am
4 guns with full clips, must be 40 bullets?. But he still felt the need to carry 4 additional clips.
Must be a lot of zombies out in Hicksville.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

All very sad whichever way you look at it .

America is not going to give up on its guns and there'll be another mass shooting soon , more innocent victims , more grieving families .
delbert

Post by delbert »

Deepster wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am 4 guns with full clips, must be 40 bullets?. But he still felt the need to carry 4 additional clips.
If they're Glock 17's then each magazine holds 17 rounds, that makes 136 rounds (or freedom pills as they're otherwise known), plus another 4 if he's got one up the spout, so a possible 140 rounds in total.
Fun fact to impress your friends with, the "17" in the Glock 17 has nothing to do with number of rounds it's magazine holds, it's simply the 17th patent that the Glock company holds.......
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

DublinDave wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:36 pm Not a word from her in that for the families, just plugging her warped agenda...
Deep breath...
Breath...

I was going to say some very bad stuff about that "thing" but have decided not to.

I believe you all know what I think should be done to that woman & where she should end up.

If her God is anything like what my God is, I very much doubt we'll end up in the same place when our time comes...
I struggle to trust anybody of her age who became 'politically engaged' around the time of the 2016 primaries. Why the lack of interest when society chugged along in a boring, diplomatic, centrist consensus? Usually, these people have no interest in politics at the bread and butter level, but get off on their culture war. The prefer the pantomime and the performance. Sadly, for people like Greene that gives way to some particularly nasty people taking up key jobs, and bellowing their ignorance and conspiracy theory louder and louder than anybody else.

RIP to the victims. Its thoroughly terrifying the thought that if you are unfortunate enough to be in the orbit of somebody with access to a firearm, and willing to use it lethally, then you are in mortal and grave danger.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I suppose this a price worth paying so that overweight middle aged men can play with guns.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Deepster wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am 4 guns with full clips, must be 40 bullets?. But he still felt the need to carry 4 additional clips.
Most of them are paranoid as f*** that they'll get into a shootout in Starbucks over how much tip they've left for their caramel latte.
Dave Hedgehog
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

sendô wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:21 pm Most of them are paranoid as **** that they'll get into a shootout in Starbucks over how much tip they've left for their caramel latte.
To be fair, a friend of mine was in Miami recently and said tips were as high as 40% in some places.