Subscription boxes

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Subscription boxes

Post by Up the Junction »

There's a handy subscription option right here!

https://www.kumb.com/supportus.php

As for herbs - get some seeds from your local garden centre and grow what you need. Endless supply of freshest materials, that way.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:10 pmThere's a handy subscription option right here!
Looked at this the other day. If it got rid of the god-awful adverts I'd already be a member. Site becoming close to unusable on a phone.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

RaddyKovac wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:00 pm Site becoming close to unusable on a phone.
Yet it doesn't appear to have affected your posting frequency.
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

I can see the appeal to those that are short of time or are learning to cook etc.
As I have plenty of time and cooking is one of my hobbies (well eating is really) I tend to cook from scratch most days.

Where these come into their own for me is they are great inspiration for new dishes to try when I find myself getting bogged down in what to cook. Usually happens in the second half of a Season when you start to get fed up with winter or summer grub and yearn for the opposite.

I usually plan my next 7-10 dinners in advance and shop accordingly. With new dishes come new ingredients along the way, normally only 1 or 2 in any given week so never a big outlay in one go.

This is a regular for checking out new (to me) ideas.
https://plan.pastaevangelists.com/menu?addressId
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

RaddyKovac wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:00 pm Looked at this the other day. If it got rid of the god-awful adverts I'd already be a member. Site becoming close to unusable on a phone.
You remind of of another poster that used to post here - Smonnie.

Anyway....

My boy's mum is always getting offers for various food subscription boxes and quite often I'd not bother following their reciepies and use the ingredients for my own creations.

Not sure that it's something that I'd want to do going forwards though.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:08 pm Yet it doesn't appear to have affected your posting frequency.
I'm fortunate to have laptop, and enjoy the content.

But most premium subscriptions to anything these days strip out the ads. It's only the video popups that I find really invasive, and as I say purely because it's such a big proportion of a phone screen comparatively. Add in the banners and then having your keyboard and even on my reasonably big screen you do run out of space.

Not a dig, still the best WHU forum out there, but some honest feedback
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

My missus accidentally subscribed to Hello fresh so we got their first box for a tenner before she cancelled it. To be fair the Beef Pilaf was excellent but we couldn't justify the expense of a full price subscription.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Gin club every two months and Butternut Box for the dogs....did do Hello Fresh for a while, but found the recipes a bit boring in the end.

Dogs happy but not a fan of the veg or plant based recipes the little carnivores....
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Is the gin based on bi-monthly or is that you jumping in and out?
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:30 am Is the gin based on bi-monthly or is that you jumping in and out?
You can chose to be monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly and can hop between them or even take a break entirely. It's quite a 'nice' subscription in that way

Yes Schofield does the ads, but if you want to try, and if allowed, link for first box half price for new subscribers HERE and a fiver off for me :)
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:17 am and a fiver off for me :)
I'll let you know if I go for it so that you cvan get your fiver. :newthumb: