David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1194 likes
Total likes: 937 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Metal Hammer »

Roby wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:43 pm More than likely.

His Uncle posted on here before earlier this season.
Yep in a similar style as well, he seems to have an agenda.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Managed twenty-odd minutes of that and had to turn it off.

Advocating players going on strike to boycott a game risking a points dedication to prove they care more than the manager. Do f*** off.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

D C wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:22 pm The funny thing is it’s easy for Moyes’ believers to just dismiss them as not good enough for the Prem or say others have unrealistic expectations etc but we’ve got players in Soucek, Antonio and Bowen for example that we know can and have done it in the Prem looking no better than the new boys so are they no longer good enough for the league or us either? Have people set expectations too high for them too? Now we’ve got PL proven Ings looking lost most of the time, I don’t believe in coincidences.

For me we’ve been so poorly managed this season that people have been demoralised into thinking all of our forward and midfield players are useless but i’m not falling for it
Whatever role Moyes had in our post covid up tick (at the time I thought a fair bit, now not so sure based on decisions the past 18mths) the team based on its confidence, togetherness and effort pretty much managed itself I suspect. One good move brought in Lingard which covered up the decline that season. I thought it showed he saw the underlying problems (but was limited by Sullivan as to what he could do) but again since then, and especially when the same thing happened last season, with this time no effort in the Jan, following the weak Summer window, to ameliorate it, it looks like he clearly had not. He revealed as much indeed end of last season when he admitted he had finally realised the ‘rebuild’ was bigger than he had anticipated, as if the build had ever been cohesively completed for heaven sake. I fear ( have long feared indeed) now that the long growing crisis has hit the inflection point that needs serious proactive management to reverse those innate problems he (with Sullivan no doubt adding to the mix) have allowed to develop Moyes will again not show a clear minded way to get us through it, because the 2 years of cruising has instilled a sense of unwarranted over confidence in him that now, faced with real decision making far too long ignored, he has taken on the persona of a frustrated headless chicken trying to find its way out of quicksand and totally ill equipped to step in now that the players are no longer finding things easy with new players totally lost as to what their role is or indeed I fear how the hell they managed to be urged into this quagmire. We essentially ran on Koolaid for two years and everyone convinced themselves it would smoothly continue and ignored the various warnings of an increasingly rudderless ship.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

MB wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:42 am Because we don't play in a vacuum; the opposition adapted. The bit which generally gets ignored.
Adapted maybe to a point, if so that needed to be anticipated esp by an experienced Manager but I feel to a far greater degree it’s a matter of a buoyant period of self motivating collective confidence came to an end. That starts with a few players for example Soucek who was so pivotal fell off a cliff, was that due to his contract dispute who knows but that initial excitement of a big opportunity in the Prem will no doubt inevitably wear off over time for most players. Gradually this affects others performances as extra pressure is put on other members of the team, suddenly what seems easy no longer is quite so easy any more and that tenseness spreads too. Players who are decent but not exceptional and we have many of those can look better players when confident in a Confident team the opposite as that confidence and results decline. It spreads and a team performing well above the sum of its parts can over months become a team performing well below. It’s not uncommon, and thus it’s why I am shocked it didn’t register with those in the Club who should have been aware of the dangers from Moyes and the coaching staff to higher Management who’s job is to both support the Manager and to keep him focused and accountable.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 604 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 pm The video sounds accurate to me too.

From what fans have witnessed at the Man U and Brighton games, the players and coaches have not responded well to Moyes' in game management.

I think we've gone from a scenario of managers having little to no control within the club (e.g. Bilic) to Moyes who has complete and total control.

Sounds to me Gold's illness and passing has been a big loss as the line of communication straight from the board to the playing squad has now disappeared. Sulli is probably so detached from everything going that he has no idea how bad things have gotten under Moyes.
I know Gold always like to be around the club and took more of an interest in the Footballing side of things,than Sullivan did.He would always turn up at Events.He would always like a chat with the players,management and other staff.I know many didn't really like the fella,but I think his more of a miss,than many thought.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Why does every clown have a podcast 🤦🏼‍♂️
DublinDave
Has liked: 2751 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Now, before I start I want to make clear I'm not a Moyes fan boy, that ship has sailed for me.

I'm sure there is disharmony behind the scenes because of our woefull Premier league position.

Tbh, I would be more angry if there wasn't.

It's squeaky bum time regarding our league survival & of course there's harsh words said behind closed doors. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. A shouting match can cut though a month of tip toeing around a situation in my experience.

Never met him but I'm sure Nick is a sound fella, loves West Ham & feels what he's doing is in the supporters best interest.
However, divulging on YouTube what a friend of a friend who "possibly" works for the club reckons what's going on behind the scenes as "fact", is possibly not the pinnacle of "how to do journalism.".
Things heard second/third hand are usually construed in the way the people telling the news feel about the situation themselves & depend the ear of the one listening.
Not saying Nick is guilty of this or has an agenda, just saying...

My problem is with the timing of this, true or not, who benefits..?
Certainly not West Ham in our battle until the end of the season. We all know Moyes isn't going anywhere so what is the point..?
It's shouting at clouds.

I know Nick's a mate of the site & this is in no way a personal dig at him or his channel.
It's just how I feel about it.
Delete should you wish...
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Billydinho wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:47 pm Why does every clown have a podcast 🤦🏼‍♂️
Because there's no circuses any more...

oh, hold on...
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

e20too wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:11 pm That starts with a few players for example Soucek who was so pivotal fell off a cliff, was that due to his contract dispute who knows but that initial excitement of a big opportunity in the Prem will no doubt inevitably wear off over time for most players.
It was because the opposition started pressing the f*** out of him.

Look at the decent games he has had in the last couple of years and they are all teams who don't press as much. The opposition identified his weakness once he'd been in the league for a bit and now exploit it at every opportunity.

Same way they seemed to have concluded Bowen doesn't like the rough stuff early this season and for the most part kicking him has worked.

We talk about the manager this and the player that. Form, luck, motivation without a second thought that the opposition see the weaknesses we do and adapt. They see our strengths and they counter them which exposes a fairly limited approach with a fairly limited bunch of players.

We overhyped them before and now we over criticise. The truth has always been somewhere in the middle once teams adapted to us.

It has always been thus.
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

MB wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:11 pm It was because the opposition started pressing the **** out of him.

Look at the decent games he has had in the last couple of years and they are all teams who don't press as much. The opposition identified his weakness once he'd been in the league for a bit and now exploit it at every opportunity.

It took Moyes a year to notice this, did he drop him though for a player more able to beat the press.. Nah he pushed him forward. We're playing a player just to win aerial duels...
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

JohnnyLyall wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:25 am It took Moyes a year to notice this, did he drop him though for a player more able to beat the press.. Nah he pushed him forward. We're playing a player just to win aerial duels...
It's the tried and trusted Fellaini model that's followed him, be it at Everton, Man Utd or with us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he also instructed Fellaini or Soucek to follow him around Tescos too, just so they could hand him down his Scots Porage Oats off the top shelf.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

There is news this morning, he and his backroom staff fear it is getting too hot in the kitchen and that the Spanish Archer has booked a table for lunch on Sunday
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:45 am There is news this morning, he and his backroom staff fear it is getting too hot in the kitchen and that the Spanish Archer has booked a table for lunch on Sunday
Is this news or someone just voicing an opinion (guess).
What's happened in the 2 weeks since we last played?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

El brooko79 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:54 am Is this news or someone just voicing an opinion (guess).
What's happened in the 2 weeks since we last played?
It is reported in this mornings 'Daily Express' Ooh and he will be served by The Fat Spanish waiter
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

JohnnyLyall wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:25 am It took Moyes a year to notice this, did he drop him though for a player more able to beat the press.. Nah he pushed him forward. We're playing a player just to win aerial duels...
He tried various things (the role Lanzini had last year, bringing in ball playing centre backs) so he noticed but as I said it was just one of many things the opposition were doing to us.

And yes we've basically been playing him for what he gives us off the ball. Not just in the air, but his defensive stats as well. I don't agree, but I understand why Moyes did it.

But anyway, the point is more that the opposition have been targeting our weak links for a while. A lot of what people put down to "form" of our players, I put down to the opposition.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

MB wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:09 am But anyway, the point is more that the opposition have been targeting our weak links for a while. A lot of what people put down to "form" of our players, I put down to the opposition.
And bad management. Adapt or be sacked.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Daily Mail running that Moyes and the staff fear the sack if we lose against Southampton.
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:58 pm Ex reporting that Moyes is safe until the end of the season.
Ex has said he’s not sure now.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if we lose to southampton nd the performance is woeful he should go. I would rather he stay as dont like the idea of benitez but could he be any worse than moyes ? we rarely control any game evan in the euro farmers league where we are winning.
I hope we win and moyes leads us to safety and the ECL.

get rid in the summer would be my preference, unless they have poch lined up !
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Back to having to win the next game or your sacked stuff again?

Lovely