David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Ironing Board »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 pm I agreed it would be a good way for him to go. But truth is medium size clubs down here take Celtics best players & managers. Maybe it’s better put that it isn’t a hard job.
True, but who doesn’t want an easy job! In truth it’s easy European access and a good way to add some trophies to the cabinet. He could also help build up the structure and leave a little legacy.

Weirdly, Celtic seem to have much better infrastructure than here.
northiron
Has liked: 121 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by northiron »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:37 pm I see The Daily Express, Toby Cudworth and Graeme Bailey are now being cited as well-known West Ham insiders.

Some of you are so desperate to see demons you've create your own Hell.
This a million times over. The Daily Express get work experience kids to write football features and their football pages have been notoriously filled with inaccuracies and typos for years. Them and 90 Mins are no better connected than Football Insider. They publish guesswork and b*llocks.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:11 pm This a million times over. The Daily Express get work experience kids to write football features and their football pages have been notoriously filled with inaccuracies and typos for years. Them and 90 Mins are no better connected than Football Insider. They publish guesswork and b*llocks.
Its a real shame - used to be the biggest newspaper in the world!
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:47 pm Weirdly, Celtic seem to have much better infrastructure than here.
There’s a lot of clubs who fit this criteria.
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 pm The Celtic job, believe it or not, is a massive appointment.
It’s a massive job if you’re Scottish and also played for them - which as you well know, he did.

It’s a step down from the Premier League though and a two team league.

I thought Moysie was a Protestant though or has the whole religious divide in Glasgow Football died a death now?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Roby wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 pm It’s a massive job if you’re Scottish and also played for them - which as you well know, he did.

It’s a step down from the Premier League though and a two team league.

I thought Moysie was a Protestant though or has the whole religious divide in Glasgow Football died a death now?
He is. But he is probably a rarity among either set of fans as he actually goes to church!

Celtic had a long history of protestant players anyway. Jock Stein was a protestant himself.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Moyes will not go until pushed. There are several million reasons for this and the chance of winning a Euro trophy. It would not surprise me if there had not already been discussions about him leaving once our league position for next season is decided and Conference league campaign is over.

Why has he not been pushed? A combination of factors including available alternatives and the general state of the club off the pitch.

There is the issue of the ownership to be resolved. Who now (or indeed for the last several weeks) would seriously take on the job not knowing which division we will be in next year and whether he would be the choice of any new owners be that Kretinsky or (if his exclusivity has expired) somebody else. Had Kretinsky pursued his purchase it might be different as there would be clear control but apparently (again largely down to uncertainty of position I suspect) he has not.

Look at the issues Everton, Leeds, Southampton, Palace have all had in recent months appointing managers. The one viable alternative was probably Dyche and we lost out on him when he went to Everton.
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Gsbgsb wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:48 pmThe one viable alternative was probably Dyche and we lost out on him when he went to Everton.
Thank god. My stance on Moyes (has been for a long time) is that I don’t trust the board to replace him. If we hired the Dyche, Benitez type I’d sack watching West Ham off for the counties leagues.

Just wait to see what replaces Moyes, I imagine there’ll be a lot of white seats on show at the Olympic stadium next season regardless of the league we’re in.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 604 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

NWhammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:28 pm Thank god. My stance on Moyes (has been for a long time) is that I don’t trust the board to replace him. If we hired the Dyche, Benitez type I’d sack watching West Ham off for the counties leagues.

Just wait to see what replaces Moyes, I imagine there’ll be a lot of white seats on show at the Olympic stadium next season regardless of the league we’re in.
Best keep him on then and the stadium will stay full with his wonderful football,aye.

I know Sullivan runs the club like a market stall,but thinking that Moyes is our messiah and only person in town that will keep this club afloat is nonsense.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1193 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 604 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

It's been a week and this is my first post on this thread,so I haven't done too bad,considering the story about Moyes this week.
Tbh you cannot keep repeating yourself.I am guilty of it,but there are so many that have done the same too on a different level.
I will see what happens Sunday before writing again(I think we will win by the way despite everything)..Has I have always said,we have the quality,but somebody is holding them back.Imo,we should be at least in the top 11 and that is down to your messiah and his Moysieball tactics
See you Sunday.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Roby wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 pm

Those of a certain age might remember Mo Johnson and the hoo-hah surrounding his transfer from Celtic to Nantes to Rangers in '89 .

It didn't mean much to me but some of my Rangers supporting colleagues on the Kyleakin Ferry weren't happy .

Funny old world .
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Tezza65 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:03 am It's been a week and this is my first post on this thread,so I haven't done too bad,considering the story about Moyes this week.
Tbh you cannot keep repeating yourself.I am guilty of it,but there are so many that have done the same too on a different level.
I will see what happens Sunday before writing again(I think we will win by the way despite everything)..Has I have always said,we have the quality,but somebody is holding them back.Imo,we should be at least in the top 11 and that is down to your messiah and his Moysieball tactics
See you Sunday.
This is why I have stopped posting on this subject really (today aside).
We just go round in circles. We all know by now who thinks Moyes is the Moysiah and those who think differently.
We sometimes just end up having meaningless arguments rather than reasoned debate. And yes, I'm guilty of it too on occasions. :chin:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think his butt really does hang on the line this weekend.It is there for the kicking and rightly so. That goes with the territory in his line of work
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by Pob! »

Lose on Sunday he will be gone by Monday.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Pob! wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:18 pm Lose on Sunday he will be gone by Monday.
I can't see how he would survive that, and in truth, he shouldn't - speaks as someone who is by 1% still in the Moyes in camp.

If I could write it for Moyes and us, we stay up, we make the final, win or lose we say thanks for all David and part company a few days after.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 300 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Yep I have been Moyes In for the vast majority of this season. However if he fails to win on Sunday then i'm afraid it has to be curtains
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Pob! wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:18 pm Lose on Sunday he will be gone by Monday.
And take his wife for a drink on Tuesday
making love by Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
They will chilled on Sunday