Europa Conference League 22-23

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: Europa Conference League 22-23

Post by mjustincredible »

BobbyMooreLower wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:44 am Would personally prefer if it’s first come first served rather than a ballot
In respect to the Final I would have thought first come first served would be better too - surely this would be mainly people who really want the tickets, i.e the fans of the clubs left in it will be hot for a ticket yet at least you know where you stand in a short period of time. The Ballot is just a complete lottery - gives chance for more 'neutral' fans to just enter for the sake of it as they might get a ticket and can sell it on if they do at a crazy price.

The only thing id worry about 1st come, 1st served is Bots somehow nicking a load of tickets - yet I would have thought the registering process would make that more difficult.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Obviously we aren't there and still have a long way to go..

Hypothetically speaking, if we made the final, is there any chance the club puts something on for people to watch at the London Stadium or something?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Doubt it they don't care about the plebs plus it will cost sully a fee to open the bowl.up
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Hard to tell if this is an April fools or not (he says it's not)

But i said this would be the case a while back.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Europe has been the only positive about this season
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Why does he need to sacrifice it? With no disrespect to the other teams in the competition, our squad players are probably as good as anything else we would come up against. I’d trust Johnson, Ogbonna, Downes, Cornet, Fornals, Lanzini and whichever striker he wants to use in this competition. We may have needed our best teams to beat Sevilla and Frankfurt, but we had less to choose from and both are much better than anything we would have to face. Honestly, why not just put some confidence into the squad and say that with the quality we have, he trusts them in both competitions and it shouldn’t be a problem…

I know he hasn’t outright said we will give up on it and obviously it depends on results from the next 3 games for example, but even still. Just show some confidence and be positive.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

If he did that, he’d lose all goodwill from me and his time will be remembered on a huge negative.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

why do we have to sacrifice the ECL. we can play weakened teams a bit and its a way to keep the squad match fit. If moyes and sully throw the euro matches then he needs to go asap and take the dwarf with him. big chance to win something for 43 years and he wants to throw it.
we have a big squad and we should have no problem putting strong teams out.
farmerham
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by farmerham »

Anyone know of a good place to park by KAA Gent stadium to get away quickly back to Eurotunnel?

Thanks
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:33 am Hard to tell if this is an April fools or not (he says it's not)
Uses of the word "sacrifice" by Moyes in that press conference? 0.
Phil S
Has liked: 460 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

farmerham wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:04 pm Anyone know of a good place to park by KAA Gent stadium to get away quickly back to Eurotunnel?

Thanks
It's quite normal to be kept in for quite a while post match..We'll likely park in one of the free park and rides and hope we can get back quickly after the match.

https://visit.gent.be/en/good-know/prac ... -car-parks

West Ham / Met police usually give good advice closer to the match.
ballantine
Has liked: 1318 likes
Total likes: 235 likes

Post by ballantine »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:49 am If he did that, he’d lose all goodwill from me and his time will be remembered on a huge negative.
That priority might not be Moyes' alone to make, though...
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

ballantine wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:04 pm That priority might not be Moyes' alone to make, though...
“Club sources” can’t put it out there that Moyes won’t be manager next year and then tell him what his priorities should be.

Our manager has arguably our best chance to win a trophy for the first time in 43 years. Nobody will remember the hazy days of finishing 16th this season and losing to Gent.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

what about another semi final defeat and relegation ?

would leave me gutted and completely distraught...

the problem is, that unless we find some kind of form, there's a couple of pretty decent teams left in the Europa Fizzy Pop to be beaten before we lift that trophy. I wouldn't honestly bank on us beating anyone decent in our current shape....

few good wins and it could all change. trouble is we haven't had a couple of back to back wins for ages, which, imvho, is what we'll need to put some confidence back in this team, who look completely devoid of any self belief....
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:19 pm what about another semi final defeat and relegation ?

would leave me gutted and completely distraught...
Nobody can predict the immediate future. All I know is that if we’re not trying to win a European competition that we’re favourites for, and win our first trophy in many people’s lifetime, what is the point? Like why are any of us here?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:22 pm Like why are any of us here?
way too complicated to explain why man's existence on this planet is the only inhabited planet of all those out there...

:crylol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Today in the Belgian top flight

RFC Seraing 0-5 Gent
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Inter slump to 1-0 defeat against Fiorentina today

AZ 3rd in the Dutch league just 1 point behind Ajax....

Nice fairly recently beat Monaco 3-0 away who themselves are 4th in the French league.

I think it's pretty "Spursy" of us to dismiss these teams completely out of hand....

especially considering the way we have been playing (or rather not as it currently stands...)
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:05 pm I think it's pretty "Spursy" of us to dismiss these teams completely out of hand....
Nobody is from what I can see. The bookies have us favourites and on paper, we’re the best side left.

They’re all good sides, that’s for sure.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:12 pm Nobody is from what I can see. The bookies have us favourites and on paper, we’re the best side left.

They’re all good sides, that’s for sure.
not having a pop and hopefully it isn't coming over that way..

bookies never lose money. I'm guessing that they set the "line" and the odds move as money is put on not necessarily because the team/horse/fighter is the best.

and on paper I honestly can't see HOW we're the best side left...our results in Europe haven't exactly been beating quality opposition.

our current form in the PL is shocking and has been for ages. I'm amazed that we're favourites to win the whole thing. I've watched AZ earlier in a couple of their games and they look pretty decent. I know that the Dutch league isn't up there with the best but they ARE 3rd.

Fiorentina as I posted beat Inter today.

Monaco are no mugs and got beaten 0-3 at home by Nice.

I honestly think that some folks are dismissive a bit to soon. a loss tomorrow and I'm guessing that the ECL will go way on the back burner as the fight to stay in the PL will take centre stage. imvho that is of course.

I'm also guessing that even winning the ECL won't see Moyes kept in a job come next season. could be way wide of the mark. we could string several wins together, end up say 12th, win the ECL and the board might want him back. were that to happen, I also reckon that DK would put his bid back off of hold and might want to put his own bloke in charge.

he can't be 100% happy that we're in the position as he put the take over (or whatever they call it) on hold. his 150M investment probably has devalued a bit, and were we in fact to drop down that money will devalue even more.

as I say just a 'umble opinion based on nothing much other than looking at us play and we look lost, devoid of confidence, a game plan, and the ability to change things even on a game to game basis.

this could be a VERY difficult 4 days for us or a complete change of fortunes for us. 2 wins and things are looking much rosier. 2 defeats and I don't see us even getting by Gent to be honest.

or at the worst, getting through by the skin of our teeth..

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.