👋 Farewell, Gianluca Scamacca

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Re: ✍ Gianluca Scamacca

Post by simon hammer »

I'll go with "he has a pain in his knee" and wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:03 pm And totally BS to suggest, that Scamacca is too soft.
I don't think he's too soft. Just that he's constantly in and out due to knocks etc.

Just when you think he's going to kick on, he's out for another 3 or 4 games.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:11 pm He's the new poster boy for pro and anti Moyes unfortunately. So whether he's injured or not, the same people will be on his back...
It’s a shame that it’s become so binary on so many topics now. It’s pretty clear that neither manager nor player comes out of his contribution season-to-date very well.
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Either our sports science department is one of the worst in the premier league or the coaching staff simply aren’t listening to their advice.

The amount of what appear to be overuse injuries that we are sustaining is alarming at any level.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:03 pm And totally BS to suggest, that Scamacca is too soft.
Your commer has confused me.
Is it totally BS to suggest Moyes is at fault or that Scamacca is is soft?

Is he puttingt the effort in when he can?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

smuts wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:37 pm Nothing to do with Moyes, just that Scamacca has had lots of frustrating injuries, viruses etc.
Perhaps not for you, but it’s pretty clear that Scamacca is falling into that category overall. Let’s be fair, look at the initial post to his injury. It’s not just that he’s injured is it? It came with a comment underneath to start negative debate towards Scamacca. Without that, he’s just injured. With it, it opens him up to scrutiny, when it’s entirely plausible that he’s just injured…
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

NWhammer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:15 pm Either our sports science department is one of the worst in the premier league or the coaching staff simply aren’t listening to their advice.

The amount of what appear to be overuse injuries that we are sustaining is alarming at any level.
Exactly.

He has had knee issues for a while apparently. If that is the case why are we not ensuring he rest this and properly recover as opposed to train , play etc. If he has had knee issues why did we ever let him go on international duty in the first place as opposed to take the two weeks to sort it?

True or otherwise the whole treatment of this seems fishy in some respect.
smuts

Post by smuts »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:46 pm Perhaps not for you, but it’s pretty clear that Scamacca is falling into that category overall. Let’s be fair, look at the initial post to his injury. It’s not just that he’s injured is it? It came with a comment underneath to start negative debate towards Scamacca. Without that, he’s just injured. With it, it opens him up to scrutiny, when it’s entirely plausible that he’s just injured…
He probably is...again.

Are we not allowed now to become frustrated that for whatever reason a bloke we spent over 30 million on is constantly out with niggles.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

NWhammer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:15 pm Either our sports science department is one of the worst in the premier league or the coaching staff simply aren’t listening to their advice.

He's just be on international duty, so this particular injury is on them.
il_martello_di_genovesi

smuts wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:52 am He probably is...again.

Are we not allowed now to become frustrated
Not really what I said at all, but I don’t notice the same when it happens with Zouma, Aguerd etc.

Frustrating he’s injured again, sure. The need to make it look like it’s anything but an injury? Not at all…
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:29 pm Dropped out of the first intense training session after coming back from the NT with pain in his knee.

50/50 for Sunday to make the bench.

Well... .
FFS
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2948 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

On our medical team:

On their advice the club pushed for a knee clean-up in January, as Scamacca dropped in and out of training because of the issue. Ings got signed as a backup.
The player declined to do the operation, instead went with conservative treatment. The issue (pain) remains and he's still not been able to train without complications -> not fully match fit.

*there were also some disciplinary issues -> coming late or even skipping rehab in late January/early February; resulting in a fine.
Last edited by DusseldorfHammer on Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:52 am Not really what I said at all, but I don’t notice the same when it happens with Zouma, Aguerd etc.

Frustrating he’s injured again, sure. The need to make it look like it’s anything but an injury? Not at all…
With the pages and pages of made up Moyes b*llocks on this very thread, id imagine a few are rightly pointing out that maybe it isnt the manager that’s the issue, be it constant injuries or anything else
il_martello_di_genovesi

Ozza wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:07 am With the pages and pages of made up Moyes b*llocks on this very thread, id imagine a few are rightly pointing out that maybe it isnt the manager that’s the issue, be it constant injuries or anything else
Did I say the manager was the issue? If he’s injured he’s injured. That’s pretty much what I said.
smuts

Post by smuts »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:52 am Not really what I said at all, but I don’t notice the same when it happens with Zouma, Aguerd etc.

No one has said anything about Zouma and his knee which at times he appears unable to bend? Sometimes he looks like he's running through quicksand? Right oh.

Aguerd had a major injury and has been pretty much available ever since his return although there are doubts about tomorrow.
Last edited by smuts on Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2948 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Only a handful (two?/three?) of weeks that Scamacca has been able to train without issues in intense sessions. To blame Moyes for that or that he isn't starting Scamacca is totally bonkers. Before the issues Scamacca was starting the majority of league fixtures.

"Moyes is destroying Scamacca as he was Haller" a commong phrasing on here, despite the player dropping in-and-out of training on a regular basis and not being match fit unfortunately, as we desperately need his contribution/goals.
Last edited by DusseldorfHammer on Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Aguerd was injured again at the World Cup and wasn’t available when he came back. He also went off injured against Chelsea and was a doubt for the next game (though did play).

We don’t know that Scamacca won’t be available. Players get injured, it happens. Again, all I said was, let’s not turn it into something it isn’t. It’s an injury. However, the initial post was left open to act like he’s at home with a pint, not giving a ****.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Also Moyes has got a track record of suggesting people are injured or doubts, only for them to be involved in the match day squad.

Let’s wait and see if he is involved first. Let’s hope he is, as he pisses all over our alternate options.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Zouma gets stick for his injuries he cannot even make a challenge without limping around after.

Scamacca, well the perception is that he doesn't want to be here. That's the vibe he gives off at times and his injuries are 'injuries'.

I like him I hope he stays and we stay up but that's the perception.
il_martello_di_genovesi

If he was going to be ‘injured’ I doubt he’d bother turning up on a Thursday night to play a team from Cyprus. Or, look totally dejected when he wasn’t given minutes on the pitch against Villa. Literally, all I’ve said is that he is likely to be injured and not ‘injured’.