David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RichV WHUFC
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by RichV WHUFC »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Pob! wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:18 pm Lose on Sunday he will be gone by Monday.
Not with another two games in the same week. If we were to lose sunday and get 4 points out of the next 2 we'd probably be out of the bottom three. It seems an unlikely sequence of events but this is West Ham
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

If we do stay up, it'll be in spite of Moyes and not because of Moyes.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Something that just dropped into my mind is that when we had Irvine and Pearce here - we always used to have someone in the stands giving direction to the manager ... someone who could perhaps see the whole picture developing tactically from a higher vantage point ~ I wonder why we don't do that anymore?

Or do we?

Then again ~ we used to have specific set piece routines and we don't do that anymore either.

It is all very very baffling..t'be sure.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

We are certainly worse at a lot of things now
Poor free kicks
Poor corners
Poor throw ins
Poor tactics
Poor fitness
Slow style of play
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Moyes is a dour bufoon. A football dinosaur.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:39 pm Moyes is a dour bufoon. A football dinosaur.
But how did he get us to such good league positions and European nights.

I've been exasperated with the last 12 months and do wonder if losing Irvine was the key.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Alan Irvine, wasn’t a coach at all last season when we finished 7th and reached a European semi-final.

He even left Everton in 2007, while Moyes continued to finish in the top 8 every season without him as a first team coach, all the way until 2013.

Not doubting Irvine’s a good coach. But maybe the evidence is there to suggest we can put that myth to bed.

If any questions should be asked of the coaching staff, perhaps we should take a look at the coach our chairman decided to bring to the club last summer?
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Sticky wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:23 pm Something that just dropped into my mind is that when we had Irvine and Pearce here - we always used to have someone in the stands giving direction to the manager ... someone who could perhaps see the whole picture developing tactically from a higher vantage point ~ I wonder why we don't do that anymore?

Or do we?

Then again ~ we used to have specific set piece routines and we don't do that anymore either.

Stevie Wonder must be doing it this season
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Sticky wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:23 pm Something that just dropped into my mind is that when we had Irvine and Pearce here - we always used to have someone in the stands giving direction to the manager ... someone who could perhaps see the whole picture developing tactically from a higher vantage point ~ I wonder why we don't do that anymore?

Or do we?

Think it rotates a bit but you can see that Paul Nevin usually has the earpiece connecting to whoever.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

So that relegation and win the pot scenario... yeah that isn't happening...
"There is a worry because we have got ourselves into such a good position and been so strong in Europe. We have been able to change the team in Europe and it has worked really well for us," he said.

"This time last year, when we had games against Seville and Frankfurt, we needed our best teams to win."

"But last year in the Premier League the season was fine, we were trying to finish in the top six and just fell out of it on the last day of the season.

"So the truth is that it could have an effect on it because the Premier League is vital for us and we are going to have to try to plot our way through that and the European games.”

"I'm hoping we can pick up a couple of quick wins, which will mean we can go in to the European games stronger than what we have had in the past," the Scotsman added.
https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... n-26609136
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

He has such a defeatist mentality.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

MB wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:54 am So that relegation and win the pot scenario... yeah that isn't happening...

Think he is going senile. We didn’t beat Frankfurt.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Said months ago Europe would take a back seat if league form doesn’t improve, I actually make him right that league has to come first but it’s of his own doing through poor management we are in this position.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

NWhammer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:09 am He has such a defeatist mentality.
That's it. He is so negative.

We all know it will happen to an extent as there is too much money at stake but could easily have said that we've got a big squad, certain players have done well in Europe and we think we have enough to manage both and give Europe a good go.

Put a bit of positivity into it rather than lining up the excuses early.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

MB wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:54 am So that relegation and win the pot scenario... yeah that isn't happening...

It was obvious this would be the case. We will have mainly the squad players playing in Europe with a couple of the first team sprinkled in depending on fitness. The likes of Dec, Soucek, 1 of Zouma/Aguerd and Bowen will all play in European games i would imagine. The rest will be saved for the league.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Or do we?

That’s Warburtons role
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Win tomorrow and I think we definitely win on Wednesday. However, any dropped points tomorrow and I think we will struggle the rest of the season.

I think that tomorrow is psychologically huge for the manager, players, club and supporters.

The question is, does DM send the team out to win from the off or does he go cagey, worrying about JWP ?

This could be viewed as Moyes’ most important game in his recent managerial career. So much is resting on this.

Come on Moyes - show us what you’re made of !
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

I had to check this wasn’t April fools.

Doesn’t help himself does he?
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

What did you expect though. Contrary to what some have said on here winning the ECL won’t keep him in a job if we’re relegated. To have any chance of staying in his post it is to maintain Premiership football.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.