Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by wolf359 »

According to pictures on Reddit Max was out of his grid box on the final re-start. Nothing will happen but I’m sure Alpine and AM will have something to say about it (if the assessment of image is correct).

Edit. Apparently Mercedes have ‘pointed it out’

Edit 2: seems he is on the line, I can’t see anything over. Fuss about nothing by the looks of it.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:33 am I wonder if Verstappen would’ve been issued the same penalty as Sainz, I very much doubt it.
A 'lap 1 racing incident' for me, judging by previous interpretations by the stewards. So if Max did it and got no penalty then that would have been the right call, so yes, very harsh on Sainz in my opinion.

The fact that it was on the great jedi mind of Alonso, Sainz should get bonus points.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

I see there are photos doing the rounds of Verstappen potentially ahead of his grid slot for the last restart.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I know ‘Crofty’ is one of us :hamm: but he’s ****ing annoying nonetheless.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Max moaning about not being given space and saying rules are not applied 🤣
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

He's such an unlikable whining twat.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

He wins the race at a canter and stil whinges about having to go toe to toe with someone for a moment. Let us have some entertainment at least!

Great car by Red Bull, still a second faster than the rest.

DRS made turn 9 overtakes too easy.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

So I think the red flags were the right calls - however, clearly it’s wrong to count a lap where you don’t change the order (but also issue a penalty for an incident).

They need to change the rule so if like today and Silverstone, you redo the order and redo the lap (and formation lap before) either by extending the Grand Prix by 2 laps or scrubbing the ones which have occurred.

Once again though it showed there are a number of drivers not up to F1 standards - the amount of carnage over the last 3 or so years is crazy.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

aaronhammer wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:54 am

Once again though it showed there are a number of drivers not up to F1 standards - the amount of carnage over the last 3 or so years is crazy.
Don’t you think that the cars have got so large and heavy has contributed to this? The cars are often just to big for the track.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Ironically, Lance Stroll who struggles to shake off accusations of nepotism played the last restart brilliantly.

Backed off slightly, anticipating then navigating carnage, kept his nose clean only to then have a brake issue which ruined his progress. Irrelevant considering the subsequent red flag but when we are talking about driver standards that was quite decent.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Haas have officially protested the result of the race. In at 1030 our time. I can’t see anything coming from it unless they have some sort of smoking gun evidence about something being wrong.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

A shitshow.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I've seen the pictures of Max in his start box, looks like his tyre is on the line. Not sure of the rules in this situation but I know the FIA have been hot on this so far this season.

Anyone know this rule whether something should, and will happen?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Gaz wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:29 am I've seen the pictures of Max in his start box, looks like his tyre is on the line. Not sure of the rules in this situation but I know the FIA have been hot on this so far this season.

Anyone know this rule whether something should, and will happen?
It is like Football, has to be over the line (touching the ground) the more sensible Journalists have explained it that way. Seems a non-story to be honest.

This explains it well https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxzdGiRL ... ES_X7ZSyk4
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Well on the plus side the race (1st 56 laps) looked pretty exciting. Great to see Lewis stuff it up the inside of Max.

Bad luck for George today (maybe all those comments about luck came back to haunt him).

Feel most sorry for Gasly, drove a great race, ended up with nowt.

That finish all looked a bit dodgy as usual.......
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

He really is a mini me Horner isn't he?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... ZsGRX.html

It's like he's never squeezed any driver in his life.....
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Honestly why are F1 promoting this story.

Verstappen was the the one who pushed rules to the max in previous seasons and got away with murder (Brazil the best example).

Im going to record races from now on because I don’t care about a midfield battle as much as everyone tries to say it’s more than the leaders - it’s all about who wins end of the day.

I’ve seen Ferrari Mercedes and red bull dominate. But this is by far worse than the times Ferrari and Mercedes did and Ito be fair I think I’m blinded a bit cos Horner and verstappen have become very unlikeable (I’ll be honest).

This season will see ratings drop
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Max complaining about Lewis doing Max things.
The irony.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Yes it's really odd seeing Verstappen complain about other people racing hard and forcing him wide by diving up the inside given the numerous times in the past he has forced his cars into gaps that did not exist and run people off of the road. Especially given that he won the race comfortably.

He really is an unlikeable, whiny, ingracious poor winner.

There's been numerous times in the past when I have got bored with F1 when one team or driver has dominated - the Schumacher/Ferrari years, the Vettel/RB years, and during the Hamilton/Mercedes years, but I think it is worse now because of how unlikeable Verstappen is.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Weird that F1 choose to promote less than positive comments like this (as well as the Toto/Masi radio message mug). I wonder if F1 social media teams are clumsy, or whether they are pandering to a culturally different audience, in the US for example? To be honest, if they side with Max and Red Bull they will always have a loyal following I suppose.

Hypothetically, if the result in AD21 wasn't engineered either deliberately (by Horner) or by error (Masi), then the long narrative would have been more palatable; Lewis wins no 8 in 21, Red Bull develop their outstanding car in 22 and 23 that enables Max to win 2 on the bounce, signalling a dignified end to the Hamilton era. I think we would all accept that. But as it stands, anyone with any sporting integrity now has to sit and watch Red Bull and Max dominate and smirk their way to dominance, achieved in part by bending the rules.

Expect that if Merc sort their car out and get completive that Max and Horner will start the appeals and personal attacks again.