David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Gsbgsb »

If they had a replacement for Moyes on an agreement acceptable to that replacement and all the board I suspect he would have gone by now. Sullivan has never been shy in getting rid when he has an alternative lined up.

The uncertainties surrounding the club off the pitch re ownership etc are effecting it on it. Who has controlled it for the last 12 months? It has not been Sullivan as he has the shadow of Kretinsky sitting there yet equally Kretinsky can do little until he gets majority control. If they do not agree you have a paralysis leading to inaction.

Sack Moyes now and it is likely to be little more than a knee jerk to another bad result. If it happens then I cannot see beyond either Warburton or Nolan to the end of the season, probably Warburton given his greater managerial CV.
Gazmundo
Has liked: 304 likes
Total likes: 453 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

Gsbgsb wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:40 am probably Warburton given his greater managerial CV.
Head in hands.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Looks like Potter will be available soon?

Lose tiday and moyes must go
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:54 am Looks like Potter will be available soon?

Potter isn’t getting sacked
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

He will if he carries on like yesterday
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:24 am He will if he carries on like yesterday
At some point probably but no time soon
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:54 am Looks like Potter will be available soon?

Has done shockingly at Chelsea. No thanks.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by e20too »

Gsbgsb wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:40 am If they had a replacement for Moyes on an agreement acceptable to that replacement and all the board I suspect he would have gone by now. Sullivan has never been shy in getting rid when he has an alternative lined up.

The uncertainties surrounding the club off the pitch re ownership etc are effecting it on it. Who has controlled it for the last 12 months? It has not been Sullivan as he has the shadow of Kretinsky sitting there yet equally Kretinsky can do little until he gets majority control. If they do not agree you have a paralysis leading to inaction.

Sack Moyes now and it is likely to be little more than a knee jerk to another bad result. If it happens then I cannot see beyond either Warburton or Nolan to the end of the season, probably Warburton given his greater managerial CV.
‘Paralysis’ a great word to describe events at the club that is so damn obvious even at our distance from events. Why, because Sullivan and Brady have been coasting along this past year plus believing the on the field events would just sustain itself as they wind down their involvement and events outside of the team clearly took precedence which of course would be true of Kretinsky too other than providing no doubt the finance for the belated transfer budget in the Summer which one presumes they all naively thought would keep everything hunky dory. No one it seems was able or willing or motivated enough to see beneath the fluff of two ‘successful’ seasons to the real inherent problems. Similar no doubt their view of Moyes a safe pair of hands they presumed to deal with all that despite similar flaws in his management becoming clearer over the past 18 months that should have raised flags to a more focused Management. As such we have sleepwalked into this situation the perfect storm brewing where no one was seeing the dangers. It’s ironic that we have always criticised the owners for interfering in the Managers job, but truth is Moyes supposed resurrection as a competent Manager was mostly superficial, he started to believe his own hype and that previous failures were mere blips and he was allowed to run things myopically without due focused oversight that might have detected that all was not as well as seemed on the surface.

Now it’s suddenly hit them the seriousness of the situation they are lost as to what to do about it so convinced we’re they that plan A was working to their end no other plan has been evaluated. As I said before Moyes saying the rebuild job was bigger than he expected end of last season was a red flag that he was already out of touch with reality and Sullivan saying a while back that if you were looking for a new Manager to get you out of this mess it would be Moyes is a similar red flag from the owners. If it were as simple as that you could sack him and then bring him back next week. The reasons you get a bounce from a new Manager and the reaction from the players to a Manager coming in be it Moyes or anyone else is entirely different to their attitude and confidence being in the right place when they have experienced that manager for many’s months into years and things have been failing under him for a long time. It’s the process of players seeing it as a change, a new start and thus willingness to buy into the new manager’s ‘answers’ to the problems however valid they are long term that can have that positive effect. Thus Moyes coming in and Moyes as a long term standing Manager aren’t one and the same thing, which makes Sullivan as deluded about Moyes as Moyes was about the true state of the team. Only exaggerated by that lack of focus above and around Moyes at the Club, who either saw neither problem developing, or any who did were powerless to make themselves heard, as recent rumours from within have highlighted in there being disaffection in the coaching set up with no one listening above. Real heads in sand stuff at all levels it appears.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:28 pm Nah, we're definitely going to disagree on this one as no matter the opposition or how he's gone about Europe, he's got an excellent record and many decent performances too. Admittedly not the best opposition say compared to back home but we can only play what's in front of us and he's delivered. Not to mention bleeding through many Academy boys as well, in particular the success so far of Mubama scoring his debut goal for us (2nd unofficially). That's all on Moyes regardless of how poor we've been domestically in all competitions.
The level of teams we've played in Europe this season has been embarrassing. Most of them would get beat by Championship teams. Gent looks to be a big step up compared to the dross we've played so far, let's see how we get on against them!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:17 pm The level of teams we've played in Europe this season has been embarrassing. Most of them would get beat by Championship teams. Gent looks to be a big step up compared to the dross we've played so far, let's see how we get on against them!
I hear that, however you can only beat what's in front of you and he's convincingly won many games in Europe so I have no issue with it overall.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 527 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ozza wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:21 am Potter isn’t getting sacked
Nor is Moyes. Whatever happens today. :(
Tezza65
Has liked: 1943 likes
Total likes: 600 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

e20too wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:50 am ‘Paralysis’ a great word to describe events at the club that is so damn obvious even at our distance from events. .
Post of the week.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1943 likes
Total likes: 600 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:22 pm I hear that, however you can only beat what's in front of you and he's convincingly won many games in Europe so I have no issue with it overall.
Other teams have been knocked out by opponents they should be beating,So we cannot moan.I do think the players seem up for this competition though.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:22 pm I hear that, however you can only beat what's in front of you and he's convincingly won many games in Europe so I have no issue with it overall.
Yeah i get that. He's done what was expected in Europe so far this season based on what we've played against.
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by brothernero »

Still can not wait to he is no longer the manager. He is sucking the life out of what enjoyment I can still get from watching football Headbanger
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

brothernero wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:12 pm Still can not wait to he is no longer the manager. He is sucking the life out of what enjoyment I can still get from watching football Headbanger
No one would go of we dished that up every week.

Hang on that's exactly what we've done.

A pragmatic approach to stay up. No wonder Sullivan loves him.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1589 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Any other manager would get more out of this squad than him. It is soul destroying.

We'll be back in a 6 pointer after losing our next 3, then it will be "Win this one or he's gone". That will continue until last weekend of season when we go down.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

If Moyes stays next season we have to replace Ings, Paqueta, Scamacca, Kehrer because they don't fit his style.

Antonio as he is done.
Rice because he is leaving.
And Fornals as imo will not sign a new contract.

That's even before we look at players not up to scratch.

New manager whatever for me.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I am Legend wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:18 pm Any other manager would get more out of this squad than him. It is soul destroying.

We'll be back in a 6 pointer after losing our next 3, then it will be "Win this one or he's gone". That will continue until last weekend of season when we go down.
Well 12 managers have been sacked in the league this season so why not one of them if it’s so easy? Gerrard perhaps, Scott Parker or Ralph.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

He needs a way to stop them playing with fear and also converting some of those chances which in turn will lift the pressure.