State of the art

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1866 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

State of the art

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I wasn’t sure what I was watching when I clicked on this trailer. Assumed it was a clip from Hardcore Henry or a similar movie made to look like a video game, but nope - it’s a game:

Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Re: State of the art

Post by Metal Hammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:56 pm I wasn’t sure what I was watching when I clicked on this trailer. Assumed it was a clip from Hardcore Henry or a similar movie made to look like a video game, but nope - it’s a game:
Incredible!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

We're not far off being unable to distinguish between RL and fantasy now, are we. Hats off to the devs.
wolf359
Has liked: 1588 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

What sort of rig will you need to run that. Incredible
ArtieTheIron
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ArtieTheIron »

A few days ago I was going to reply to this thread and talk about how even graphics as ridiculously impressive as this don't do anything for me anymore and I'd rather devs focused on gameplay and other little things that make game worlds feel more alive even if nothing really looks at all realistic... but in the end, I couldn't be arsed.

And then Yahtzee popped out today with the latest video that sums up some of my feelings much better than I could: