Diablo IV

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Diablo IV

Post by wolf359 »

Supreme wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:38 am I played the Beta, loved it. Haven't really played Diablo before, I think I put a few hours into 3 but never really fully invested. But absolutely loved the Beta and as I've got older have started to love these type of games.

Question for all - where are people buying from? Prices on PS5 for this are absolutely ridiculous;

Standard Edition - £70
Deluxe - £90
Ultimate - £99

Insane prices. Have many of you pre-ordered? Playing in PC I know will be a lot cheaper but I am pretty much a console gamer now.
PC is not much cheaper (ultimate is £90) I personally used my Warcraft gold to buy Blizzard shop credit and got it. I’d not have bought it on release for cash.

That aside. Off work Friday and really looking forward to my early access. This better be good AAA games need a win right now.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Got mine for £60 off a site called Hit. Lightbarer and 666 pack.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:08 pm Got mine for £60 off a site called Hit. Lightbarer and 666 pack.
Does that get you the early access? I am inpatient and want to play it Friday....
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

Strongly doubt it.
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

So I bit the bullet as I was on my own this weekend and got the early access option, and I have to say the game is brilliant. I have not had a game grab me like this in as long as I can remember.

Launch has been smooth, no queueing, no waiting. That might change on full release day, but so far I have not had a single issue (on PC).

The vibe is definitely more D2 than D3. I am enjoying the campaign story (about halfway through Act 2) and some of the multi-quest side quests have their own interesting stories.

I like the changes they have made to loot, socketing, stats but mostly I like the expanded skill tree. You have many more options for different build types. Not as extreme as Path of Exile which I think is over the top, but enough to have some variance.

I only play hardcore characters on ARPG's, just find it more fun, and it has been far more challenging than hardcore in D3 where it was much easier to survive. Here you really have to balance health and damage, because if you use your skills to boost your health and defense you wont be able to deal enough damage and can get overwhelmed.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Been playing myself. Just got to level 30 and only just left the first zone. I’m enjoying it but have not been ‘grabbed’ as such. However I’m not ‘no lifeing’ this and will play casually. Like above had no PC issues (was disconnected once and got the ‘ account locked’ bugged which took ten minutes to resolve).

I’ve never played D2 and put 1000’s of hours in to D3 and this game feels more like WoW (which I’ve 10000+ hours) than Diablo to me right now (which is not completely a bad thing).

Been playing softcore tier 2 and at times it’s been tough, it’s hard, improved gear seems to come in bursts (25-28 was a big struggle, got to 29 and basically got an new set of gear in ten minutes - RNG or not i don’t know).

Anyway this is a great release and very polished, pleased and surprised by that.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

Loaded up and played about 3 hours last night.

It was... fine.

It felt much more like D3 than D2. Despite returning to the gothic stylings of the older games it still felt cartoony to me. Obviously I'm only scratching the surface but I was really hoping they were going to go back to items being specific and unique rather than the endless stat rolling stuff from D3 that I found so tedious, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Not sure I'm all that interested in grinding for a load of interchangeable loot. Will just try to enjoy the story and quests etc for now.
Supreme

Post by Supreme »

So, how are people getting on?

I'm Lvl 45 on my Sorcerer (Ice Shard destroyer) - still got a huge amount of stuff to do. Not even close to completing the main campaign (I get sidetracked so easily).
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Supreme wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 pm So, how are people getting on?

I'm Lvl 45 on my Sorcerer (Ice Shard destroyer) - still got a huge amount of stuff to do. Not even close to completing the main campaign (I get sidetracked so easily).
I've been 'off games' and have been dipping in and out of it in little spells.. focused the campaign and finished it last night at level 45 (Rogue) .. I've not done the majority of the game.. Only done 3 dungeons, almost no events etc. To be honest I has not made me want to play for hours on end but I think that is more a reflection on me right now (I've totally ditched WoW for example after playing 80+ hours a week for about 5 years) .

It is good, but tbh I prefer Diablo 3 right now (I'm a heretic I know)
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

Finished the campaign last night as well as a lvl 40 Rend Barb. It was far too easy on the lower setting though. Would have been no fun at all to play on that basic level. Looking forward to unlocking the higher tiered worlds and testing my build further.

It's fine. It hasn't gripped me either, though I've not been able to give it as much time as I'd have liked.

Probably sink my teeth into the end game later on tonight. I liked the story and can see many opportunities for expansions etc. It's a way better game than D3 was when it was released and looks a lot nicer as well.

It's sort of good and bad that you can reinvent your character once you've started. Makes nothing sacred but also means you haven't wasted points early doors on skills that don't really matter.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Haven't pulled the trigger yet as I'm waiting for it to be updated and cheaper.

That said I understand that you have to start a new character every new season?

Sounds like a pain in the ass.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:39 pm Haven't pulled the trigger yet as I'm waiting for it to be updated and cheaper.

That said I understand that you have to start a new character every new season?

Sounds like a pain in the ass.
Diablo 3 was the same (or you could reset a current character) I know some are making a fuss about this by no idea why.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

You don't have to participate in the seasonal stuff.

I never did in Diablo 3 and don't feel like I missed out on much.
Supreme

Post by Supreme »

I still haven't finished the campaign yet (think I'm fairly close). I'm level 52. Got wayyyy too distracted at the start, done most side quests in the first two regions.

Anyone locked in for Season 1 today? I think you need to start a new character
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Supreme wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:15 am

Anyone locked in for Season 1 today? I think you need to start a new character
You do for seasons. I’ll be starting one this weekend. Unlocked tier iv @level 63) and got to level 68(I think) Rogue before . Finished all renown, cleared the map and did all the alters of Lilith. Had been nightmare dungeons at level 21-22 to try and farm ancestral rares.

Think going to roll a Druid for the season.
Supreme

Post by Supreme »

Finally finished the main campaign last night - not sure whether to jump straight into the Seasonal content now...
WHU Independent

I pulled the trigger last night - boy what a faff to download. Battlenet accounts, verification by phone/email, download not happening etc etc.

I eventually got it down. and it's a Diablo game!

I got to level 12 though.

but my Necro build is crap, so any suggestions?
WHU Independent

I pulled the trigger last night - boy what a faff to download. Battlenet accounts, verification by phone/email, download not happening etc etc.

wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

WHU Independent wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:11 pm I pulled the trigger last night - boy what a faff to download. Battlenet accounts, verification by phone/email, download not happening etc etc.

Maxroll.gg all the builds etc you could wish for.

Necro is very viable - bone spear I believe is the go to. D4 is harder than other Diablo games I’ve played you can’t just tank bosses they will wreck you.
WHU Independent

ws doing well at level 20. Then the Butcher turned up, ignored all my minnions and spanked me - dead. I don't think I'll ever get to beat him!