Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Loftyhammer »

Found liable of sexual assault and defamation in the E Jean Carroll case….she’s awarded $5m in comp and damages.

Unsurprisingly he’s not taken it well :crylol:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Trump is finished, but his kind aren't :angryred:
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Don't know if sexual assault kills him. Rape would have, but he beat that rap. He could raise $5 million by nightfall from his army of morons to cover the compensation due.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

This year is going so well for him so far.

Love it.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

He won't lose one supporter. Not one. I'm not entirely sure he'd have lost any even if the rape accusation had been agreed by the jury. They're all too far gone to admit to themselves that their last seven years or so of worshipping this horse's arse was a waste of time and that he's really nothing but a carnival barker. Plus, his "TOTAL WITCH HUNT!" narrative means they never have to question themselves, or him. Anything bad that comes out about Trump must be part of the witch hunt.

He'll launch an appeal to his moon-eyed yahoo base for cash to help him through this, the appeal will raise north of $20m, he'll pay the $5m out of that and stuff the rest in his mattress or wherever he hides his readies.

Merely IMHO of course. Would be delighted to be wrong on any/all counts.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Turns out a rape conviction couldn't have killed him off either. He could run in 2024, even from jail. He's not going away.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/0 ... .%E2%80%9D
Last edited by WCpete on Tue May 09, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loftyhammer

Post by Loftyhammer »

last.caress wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:25 pm He won't lose one supporter. Not one. I'm not entirely sure he'd have lost any even if the rape accusation had been agreed by the jury. They're all too far gone to admit to themselves that their last seven years or so of worshipping this horse's arse was a waste of time and that he's really nothing but a carnival barker. Plus, his "TOTAL WITCH HUNT!" narrative means they never have to question themselves, or him. Anything bad that comes out about Trump must be part of the witch hunt.

He'll launch an appeal to his moon-eyed yahoo base for cash to help him through this, the appeal will raise north of $20m, he'll pay the $5m out of that and stuff the rest in his mattress or wherever he hides his readies.

Merely IMHO of course. Would be delighted to be wrong on any/all counts.
Agree on all counts there!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

WCpete wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:34 pm Turns out a rape conviction couldn't have killed him off either. He could run in 2024, even from jail. He's not going away.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/0 ... .%E2%80%9D
Bit of a tenuous link there tbh WC. But I recall being taught from a schoolbook (UK) in the 70s that you weren't allowed to vote if you were in prison or if you were sectioned in a mental health facility. That last was accompanied by a cartoon of a man dressed as Napoleon. The 70s.

WTF do you have to do to be barred from running for office, no matter what your Tank-Shirt & Budweiser supporters think? Murder? In the UK even a Civil finding of sexual assault would mean the end of your career these days (in the past, there probably wouldn't even be a court case)
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

WCpete wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:34 pm Turns out a rape conviction couldn't have killed him off either. He could run in 2024, even from jail. He's not going away.
He was never going away, hes too arrogant for that. His base will remain his base, even if he's found to eat babies for dinner.

However you can't win an election with just your base. How can a waverer vote for him now?

Plus he's open to more attacks in debates, Desantis can get more nasty now cause Trump will. Trump in his deposition has proved how easily goaded and stupid he is.

Republicans allowing this circus only drags their party even deeper, plus increases the chances of another term for Biden.

It will keep getting worse and won't get better. :crossed:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

There was news footage of him playing golf last night. He has a horrible, jerky swing. Tell yer what the guy has a golf crisis
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

vietnammer wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:56 am ...................

WTF do you have to do to be barred from running for office,

Be a goddam furriner.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

vietnammer wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:56 am Bit of a tenuous link there tbh WC. But I recall being taught from a schoolbook (UK) in the 70s that you weren't allowed to vote if you were in prison or if you were sectioned in a mental health facility. That last was accompanied by a cartoon of a man dressed as Napoleon. The 70s.

WTF do you have to do to be barred from running for office, no matter what your Tank-Shirt & Budweiser supporters think? Murder? In the UK even a Civil finding of sexual assault would mean the end of your career these days (in the past, there probably wouldn't even be a court case)
It’s murky to be sure, but constitutionally speaking he’s free to run for office from the clink, and if he wins he’s free to pardon himself.
Loftyhammer

Post by Loftyhammer »

WCpete wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:32 pm It’s murky to be sure, but constitutionally speaking he’s free to run for office from the clink, and if he wins he’s free to pardon himself.
Only if it's via a federal court I think? the pardon stuff I mean
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Didn't know where to put this; Trump thread seemed the best bet short of starting a new thread entitled "America - the World's most backward, bigoted and hateful country".

Trump's close mate Ron De Sanctimonious has passed this into Florida law:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... gay-people

What a f*cked up country.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I used to worry about the USA and hoped they'd collectively see sense. Now they've disappeared down the rabbit hole I've stopped caring, almost the opposite in fact. Nothing they do surprises me any more and I'm dort of morbidly interested in how far they can go.

One thing does puzzle me. Their schools, colleges and universities have always seemed to be full of young people who, in no particular order want gun control, want better healthcare, in short want a better life for everyone and not just for millionaires. So where are they today? Where are the young idealists of twenty years ago? Of ten years ago? Have they all given up?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:24 pm I used to worry about the USA and hoped they'd collectively see sense. Now they've disappeared down the rabbit hole I've stopped caring, almost the opposite in fact. Nothing they do surprises me any more and I'm dort of morbidly interested in how far they can go.

One thing does puzzle me. Their schools, colleges and universities have always seemed to be full of young people who, in no particular order want gun control, want better healthcare, in short want a better life for everyone and not just for millionaires. So where are they today? Where are the young idealists of twenty years ago? Of ten years ago? Have they all given up?
Dealing with life crippling college tuition debt
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

So apparently the FBI have a recording of trump admitting that he knew the documents in his possession were classified.

Nothing will change though

WCpete

Post by WCpete »

And the docs in question concerned plans to attack Iran. There's a better chance of him keeling over for choking on a big mac than experiencing any bother from any special council or grand jury. We're living in some kind of ****ed up Truman Show.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

Apparently he's been indicted on federal charges over the classified documents thing & will be appearing in court next week.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

yup.

I prefer the story about the government having aliens in their possession though.