Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Colours never run »

Kevor94 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:49 pm His agent will certainly love it too £££
His Dad will have a big part to play in all this at some point. I just hope he gives his son the breathing space to decide for himself what's best for him and I'm sure he will. Think it was him that was seen helping him celebrate our win at Alkmaar right in front of our fans singing Bubbles and the like. Although could be mistaken for thinking it was someone else with their arm around Rice shoulder.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Man U emerge as suitors for Mount
Man C remain interested in Kovacic
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

prophet:marginal wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:34 am Man U emerge as suitors for Mount
Man C remain interested in Kovacic
Kovacic just sits into Man C style, great signing for me, but you would think that means Phillips is surplus, Go get him Dave!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

mount kane and rice to man utd ? 250m spend approx

mctominay,blockead,weghorst and martial out .100m in

150m net spend on 3 england players
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 am mount kane and rice to man utd ? 250m spend approx

If we got McTominay, Blockhead & Martial, (despite his injury concerns), in exchange for Rice, I'd call that a good deal.
If he's going at least we'd have 3 prem ready players for the money, I fear we'll cock it up otherwise...
Their wages would be a problem though...
Winning the ECL is so important to our transfer dealings in the summer, without European football the chances of us signing someone close to Declan's ability is very slim...
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Gsbgsb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:13 am Much will depend on Europe. We lost out on about £15m-£20m of revenue from league position this year. Not sure on number of TV games etc and even if we win it it is likely the Conference will generate less than the Europa last season.

All in all say a turnover of about £180m-£200m. Think the new FFP allows you to spend up to 90% of revenue on transfers and wages (£160m -£180m) this year (reducing by 10% a year for the next 2) excluding money generated from sales. Our wage bill will be about on first team squad plus manager likely to be circa £100m leaving a maximum of circa £60m on transfers, possibly a little more but it would more than double on a Rice sale.
Winning the Conference gets us way more than we got from Europa. Plus we are guaranteed more income from a Europa League run next year. It’s another 40m player if we win it.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 am mount kane and rice to man utd ? 250m spend approx

Uh oh, Hammerman11 does other clubs now too?? :shocker:

RIP Summer Transfer thread.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

2 x 30 year olds and a 27yr old striker who doesn't score in exchange for the best (24yr old) player we've had since Bobby Moore..?

That would be suicide.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

hammersk wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am 2 x 30 year olds and a 27yr old striker who doesn't score in exchange for the best (24yr old) player we've had since Bobby Moore..?

That would be suicide.
Think he’s just expanding his work to other regions.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

C&H spouting that Rice's Dad and agent is in talks with Manure
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:13 am Think it was him that was seen helping him celebrate our win at Alkmaar right in front of our fans singing Bubbles and the like. Although could be mistaken for thinking it was someone else with their arm around Rice shoulder.
This was two randoms who spilled on to the pitch from the friends and family section and blagged their way to celebrating with the players! Players didn't know who they were!
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Ship him off to Bayern, I say, if Tuschel is serious about building the team around him. He’ll get some titles and CL appearances, and we don’t have to see him in another English club’s shirt. Everybody’s happy (except possibly Declan).
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

If Mount ends up at Old Trafford then that may change matters and in that instance id certainly put both City and Utd ahead of Arsenal
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PF. wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:23 pm This was two randoms who spilled on to the pitch from the friends and family section and blagged their way to celebrating with the players! Players didn't know who they were!
:rofl:

They're lucky then that Knollsey didn't clock them first!
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

I would honestly hate to see him play for Man United.

I feel like I could somewhat support him at most other clubs but that one would hurt.
Colours never run

dasnutnock3 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 pm Ship him off to Bayern, I say, if Tuschel is serious about building the team around him. He’ll get some titles and CL appearances, and we don’t have to see him in another English club’s shirt. Everybody’s happy (except possibly Declan).
Should he go to Germany, it doesn't mean he wouldn't end up back in the Premier League in the future in any case. The top dollar we get for him should take precedent over the thoughts of him going to another Premier League top 4 Team. They don't want to pay much more than £85m. That's pissing a lot of good money away for the sake of him not playing in the Premier League for a few seasons.
johnnyboy123
Has liked: 352 likes
Total likes: 267 likes

Post by johnnyboy123 »

DublinDave wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:50 am If we got McTominay, Blockhead & Martial, (despite his injury concerns), in exchange for Rice, I'd call that a good deal.
If he's going at least we'd have 3 prem ready players for the money, I fear we'll cock it up otherwise...
Their wages would be a problem though...
Horrible deal imo.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

In exactly one week, this boy will be waking up in his hotel room with a great big f**k off European trophy is his room!

That goal against Gent to drive us on the path to this final and turn our miserable season around had destiny written all over it. He will have to have one of the games of his life next week, but you just know he will.

After that he can do what he wants, go where he wants as far as I am concerned.
Colours never run

I just dread to think where we'd have been without him in our side this season. No Final and quite possibly relegated, he's been that important to everything we do. The Team would have fell apart without him but whilst he was always present playing, I just couldn't imagine us going down.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:57 pm I just dread to think where we'd have been without him in our side this season. No Final and quite possibly relegated, he's been that important to everything we do. The Team would have fell apart without him but whilst he was always present playing, I just couldn't imagine us going down.
And somehow we still had crazy posts saying he was the problem, a bad leader, selfish player, heart not in it etc.

Love that he proved them wrong and showed what the club means to him.

One more game to become an all-time Legend now.