Proposed fanzone for ECL final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bracknellhammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: Proposed fanzone for ECL final

Post by bracknellhammer »

Good shout for Hackney Bridge. £10 with a free pint has sold it for me.

I’ll be the one in claret and blue if any other hammers are there :scarfer:
LondonTom
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by LondonTom »

mushy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:47 pm Looks like the £200 option is the meal and drink option at the top of the Orbit.
The £38 option is for the podium bar (where the supporters club now meet).
Begs the question where they intend to put the giant outdoor screens they are advertising, I'd be very surprised if they are allowed to put them up anywhere inside the Olympic Park.
Ah that makes more sense, I guess the outdoor screens would go out the back, where is there is a sort of make shift beer garden?
Marky wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:00 am They need permission from Newham Council on capacity. They want 5,000 but currently I believe have permission for 3,500. They are selling the hospitality packages (which I mentioned earlier on this thread only at the moment)
That makes sense, and probs need to use more of the park than they normally have (maybe taking over the water fountain area next door etc and just using the podium as base for selling beer)

You would think Newham and the Council would have got their heads together on this than leaving it up to fans to hire out a venue and beg for more capacity, Surely from the policing and crowd, it makes sense to have as many fans as possible one area that you control?

Ah well, I am getting twitchy to buy something else but the Orbit seems most appealing its basically the next best thing to being in the ground, outside of a nearby pub (or the major road community centre, I've watched a lot of games there, as it my Nan's club when she was alive and my uncles are still regulars, cheap and friendly and nothing fancy on tap but they keep the lines clean, so you get a decent pint)
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am Hackney Bridge Kitchens doing something. I've booked in there.
Unfortunately over 18's again, think thats why a lot were hoping for the Orbit to come through

Shame the club were only interested in £60 tickets and not looking out for families and the future fans
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

MD_HM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:55 am Unfortunately over 18's again, think thats why a lot were hoping for the Orbit to come through

Shame the club were only interested in £60 tickets and not looking out for families and the future fans
One of the reasons the club hasn't done anything 'official' could be the sane reasons why The Orbit are struggling to get clearance by the council, police etc.

Why they didn't start planning this a while ago is baffling.

Same old West Ham. :thdn:
Hammertaff
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Hammertaff »

8,000 rsvp's . How many of those wanted more than one ticket ? How the club haven't organised something is crazy. Shows the regard they hold us in.
Bradley_m
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bradley_m »

The Indig02 screening says over 18s only.
But when going throught their ticket site it says U14s are permitted in the seated balcony areas.
Having been to a few AWOL raves there many years ago it doesn't seem like a good option to take my 11 year old along too.

BBQ gathering at home seems the most likely option at this rate.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/London ... /36362870/

Vauxhall beer garden showing it.

2 massive bars, 3 big screens, street food. Being ticketed, you'd expect it to hopefully be packed out with West Ham.

I'd rather Stratfords Orbit as I expect it will offer the best atmosphere, but with info thin on the ground still and big demand, I worry that the teething problems will continue.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

bracknellhammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:46 am Good shout for Hackney Bridge. £10 with a free pint has sold it for me.

I’ll be the one in claret and blue if any other hammers are there :scarfer:
Decent street food and a big outside bar as well.

All my lot have booked up.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

I love Hackney Bridge, I'm a bit envious now, despite being booked into a place with a massive waiting list.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hackney Bridge might end up being the unofficial Kumb meet-up!! :D
amoxitine
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by amoxitine »

I have a feeling this Orbit thing isn't going to pan out well but still wanted to be somewhere near the ground in the end so eight of us have just bit the bullet and booked up Hackney Bridge as well :crylol:
bracknellhammer

amoxitine wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:28 pm I have a feeling this Orbit thing isn't going to pan out well but still wanted to be somewhere near the ground in the end so eight of us have just bit the bullet and booked up Hackney Bridge as well :crylol:
That’s what I did. I didn’t want to rock up only to find that all pubs were either ticket only or too full to let anyone in. I can imagine it being like the last night at the Boleyn crowds wise.

Great idea for the Orbit, but with less than a week to go, fans have to commit to something if nothing has been confirmed.

The club certainly missed a trick by not opening the corporate area bars for this.
Surreal_Glenn

Post by Surreal_Glenn »

Heard nothing back from Orbit, did not want to wait till last knockings so have booked the Bridge. Also imagine its cheaper than most paid options and its outside which is a bonus. Hopefully the will be a good turn-out at this venue.
amoxitine
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by amoxitine »

bracknellhammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:44 pm That’s what I did. I didn’t want to rock up only to find that all pubs were either ticket only or too full to let anyone in. I can imagine it being like the last night at the Boleyn crowds wise.

Great idea for the Orbit, but with less than a week to go, fans have to commit to something if nothing has been confirmed.

The club certainly missed a trick by not opening the corporate area bars for this.
Yeah it seemed that as soon as we found out about an event it was either sold out or didn't have enough tickets available so I'm overchuffed we finally have somewhere that looks decent and should have plenty of us there to make it a great night!

I can't imagine any other club being so lacklustre when it comes to setting up something for their supporters, then again is anyone that surprised? :crylol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:57 pm Hackney Bridge might end up being the unofficial Kumb meet-up!! :D
I'm going with someone I met off here.

Get everyone involved I reckon.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

bracknellhammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:44 pm The club certainly missed a trick by not opening the corporate area bars for this.
They have, at £60 a ticket.
bracknellhammer

Cottee wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:45 pm They have, at £60 a ticket.
Yeah I know. I meant just opening the bars etc
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

bracknellhammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:52 pm Yeah I know. I meant just opening the bars etc
we make zero from the bars so not really missed a trick
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I’ve not been following this, but why on Earth isn’t the ‘biggest screen in the universe’ being used and have a big fan park in front of the stadium?

We are run by people with less imagination than Eric Trump when he’s tired.