Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jevs
Has liked: 473 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by jevs »

I'll tell you what is effing irritating.

People who don't put prices on things they're selling :angryred: PM for prices. Got something to hide? just put the price on the advert you attention seeking c*** :angryred:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

jevs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 am I'll tell you what is effing irritating.

People who don't put prices on things they're selling :angryred: PM for prices. Got something to hide? just put the price on the advert you attention seeking c*** :angryred:
For single items, I agree - but it irritates me when I put a post on selling groups on FB for my photography and I put DM for prices, and people say 'how much for a..." when it's 9 times out of 10 totally bespoke, dependant on where they are, how long they want me for, how many images they want, etc" so they message you with f*** all detail and say "I just want a price", and trying to get info out of them is like getting blood out of a stone.

Give me details of it, and I'll give you a price.... :swear:
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 286 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

Sainsbury's Nectar card prices.. You're not getting special prices, you're getting standard, extortionate prices - they just look comparatively good next to the newly-inflated non-Nectar prices people are being absolutely rinsed for now.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

The term "cakewalk". It's a real pet hate of mine, and I'm taking Preview Percy using it in his pre-match video ahead of the Fiorentina match as a bad omen. :(
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

The Wrigleys chewing gum advert where the bloke comes out of the lift, sticks one in his gob and then starts dancing about. I bet that took ages to dream up...

Jermaine Jenas popping up in the KUMB ads advertising moisturiser.
Last edited by smuts on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

S-H wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:52 am Scratchy throat, all night!
My nan always swore by a hot sperm gargle.
r99c
Has liked: 707 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

Similarity with job advertisements not saying anything about the salary.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

r99c wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:02 pm Similarity with job advertisements not saying anything about the salary.
I'd sooner them say nothing than that ambiguous b*llocks that is the phrase 'competitive'.

In other words, the pay is **** - ergo those that put no salary down.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Same for stuff in stores where the price is missing on the shelf or wrongly ticketed. When there's no price, I always say out loud, 'ooh look, it must be free'..
Worst for this, Tesco, Lidl, B&M..
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Tall people*.

I’ve mentioned it before, but I was at a gig and some giant who was a douche nozzle manhandled me out of the way. I wasn’t in the way, you could get past and you could have asked me to move.

Just don’t touch people you don’t know, some people like me don’t like being touched!

*not all tall people
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Dieter Eckstein wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:00 pm Sainsbury's Nectar card prices.. You're not getting special prices, you're getting standard, extortionate prices - they just look comparatively good next to the newly-inflated non-Nectar prices people are being absolutely rinsed for now.
I think Tesco were the first to do this. Morrisons are at it as well.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:37 pm Tall people*.

I’ve mentioned it before, but I was at a gig and some giant who was a douche nozzle manhandled me out of the way. I wasn’t in the way, you could get past and you could have asked me to move.

Just don’t touch people you don’t know, some people like me don’t like being touched!

*not all tall people
Something similar happened to me about 15 years ago. I was meeting with four friends and we had just gone into a pub in town, it was our first drink so blood sober etc..

I am only a short arse 5ft 5 inches tiny build really, but stocky. ( gym bunny )

While we were standing at the bar ( which was almost empty as it was early ) deciding on what drinks we were getting we were close to another few younger chaps. I had my back to them when suddenly I felt this enormous weight on my two shoulders and it hurt like hell.

This tall **** has decided to entertain his mates and put his two elbows on top of my shoulders and lean on me with his huge frame ( he was at least 16 stone ) like you would leaning on a counter.

I eventually broke free after quite a struggle and turned around to see him smirking as if to say what are you going to do about it shorty.

Now let me tell you, I am the quietest person you could ever meet never get into any trouble never look for it either.

But this **** and the way he smirked at me made me lose the plot.

My mates hadn't seen it as I was behind them at the counter and they were getting the round in, but I just lunged at the prick and caught him by the throat, which was a remarkable feat in itself given the height difference.

I screamed at him, I am half your size and twice your ****ing age but if you EVER do that to me again I'll ram my fist so far down your throat your balls will be down by your ankles ****ing prick.

My three mates grabbed me and told the barman forget the pints, they dragged me out and to another bar.

They were gobsmacked and have never seen me like that before and didn't know what had happened.

All this is out of character for me but it was because he was tall and mocking me being small that set me off.

I hate c**** like that
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Few things bring the red mist quite like a sneering bully.
The Straw
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 1422 likes

Post by The Straw »

Sticking up for the tall fraternity here. I'm 6'3" and am always conscious at gigs (and I go to a lot) that I'm in the way of people. But it's not my fault that i'm this tall, and I always get pricks having a go like somehow it is my fault and I should be at the back. It's even worse when i'm actually on stage performing and look like a freak because the rest of my band is 5'9" tops. Also, leg room and stuff :crylol:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2615 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Aging - I am of a similar stature to you, and similarly of a placid nature. I also love going to gigs, live music is one of my ‘happy places’, so I reckon that I’d lose the plot if that happened to me too.

Gigs should be arranged in height order with all the short people at the front and going back in height order. My kids would be horrified to read this as my daughter is 5’11” and my son is 6’3”!! :crossed:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:51 am Went to bed early last night in preparation for my planned long birthday walk in the Dark Peak today. Instead I woke up to a virus, fever, and a banging headache. Oh well.
So I've rescheduled my walk for Thursday where I'll be waking up at 3.30pm. My intention was to have a nice calm relaxed evening on Wednesday and hopefully fall asleep nice and early.

It's just occurred to me that I haven't planned that very well. I'll be anything but calm and relaxed!
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 345 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

The Straw wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:47 am Sticking up for the tall fraternity here. I'm 6'3" and am always conscious at gigs (and I go to a lot) that I'm in the way of people. But it's not my fault that i'm this tall, and I always get pricks having a go like somehow it is my fault and I should be at the back. It's even worse when i'm actually on stage performing and look like a freak because the rest of my band is 5'9" tops. Also, leg room and stuff :crylol:
Another short-arse here and I've resigned myself to never seeing gigs properly. One venue I went to had a shallow but real incline whith the floor getting slightly higher as you moved back from the stage: nothing you can actually feel nor cause a crush of people at the stage but enough for those of us under 5ft8 to see, if we stayed out of the mosh pit. As women also go to gigs and have similar visibility issues, I think it is a sensible measure.

I always get the local basketball team directly in front of me, though...
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

I went to a bar and started feeling dizzy. Put my elbows out and some kind fellow was there, fortunately catching me with his shoulders.

He turns round, so I smile at him, about to offer him a pint then he only goes for my throat.

Luckily his mates took him outside.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

:crylol:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1241 likes
Total likes: 1649 likes

Post by last.caress »

My next door neighbour is going through a split from his missus, who has moved out and taken the wee'uns. He's struggling with it but that's okay. That happens to the best of us. Occasionally he comes into our gaff when he's feeling low and bends our ear about it and that's all good. If it helps for him to get it off his chest a bit then I'm happy for him to do so. Fair enough.

Six weeks or so ago he knocks on my door and hands my son his ex-missus' door key for his house (wife and I were out at the time). Says it's because "I'm having panic attacks and heart palpitations so I'd like you'd to have a key in case something happens and paramedics need to get in". Um, okay. Sounds a bit melodramatic but that's okay too. Sometimes people need to vent with a bit of bombast (even if it's to a disinterested 19yr-old on a doorstep). Nowt wrong with that, really. Okay.

Three or four days after giving us this key, we run into his ex-missus. As we're catching up, she mentions that he's told her we've got her old key. So I'm thinking: Why did he ****ing tell her? That's going to come back and bite our bumhole for sure. So we head it off and tell the ex-missus straight that, whilst we wish the best for them both, we won't be able to let her have that key at any point. It's not her house anymore. Well, that's Kool and the Gang, says she. She'd never put us in the middle like that. Good. I mean I'm still a bit bemused as to why he would tell her we've got a key but, fine.

Fast forward to a shade over two hours ago and she's knocking on our door asking if we'd seen the neighbour, and have we got the key. f***'s sake! I tell her to hang on a minute while I go and call him. My wife goes out to her and tells her we can't just let her in. She tells my wife that the neighbour (who is not answering his phone to me) has left a message with his work telling them he's not coming in because he's in a very dark place over his breakup, and they're concerned, and they're going to call the Rozzers to kick the door in if they don't hear back.

Now, I'd have told her that, if the cops arrive, I'll let them in but, until then, no dice. But I'm still in the kitchen trying to get the neighbour on the phone. And mrs.caress is thinking, well, we've got the key in the first place for "in case something happens", right? So, on the spot from the ex-missus and unnerved by the neighbour's failure to pick up the phone (his works van is outside so we know he's in), she thought she'd split the difference and not give the ex the key, but go in with her.

So she opens the door and the neighbour is stood there, clearly just fallen out of bed and looking pissed. So we leave them to their bickering (we're going to pick up our wee'un from playschool anyway).

By the time we get back she's gone, so I knock on his door to see if all is alright, to explain our part in this morning's drama. He opens the door all dead-eyed and says, "You said you wouldn't let her in", all accusatory. I says, "Hang on: YOU came to US giving us a key. Why the f*** did you immediately tell your ex that we had a key? If you'd never told her, she'd never have asked! She looked us in the eye and promised she'd never put us on the spot, and then put us on the spot. YOU told US it was for if 'something' had happened, and she said there was reason to suspect something had. We never gave her the key but didn't dare wait for the Bill in case you were ODing or whatever in there, so came in with her."

"I was just in bed" says he, looking sheepish by now.

"Yes well if you'd answered your bloody phone I might've known that."

So he apologised for putting us in a position like that and we walked away on decent terms, with me telling him to tell her he's taken his key back so it'll never come to that again.

But ****ing hell! How in ****ting bumwrong have we wound up caught in their childish spat? What the f*** is wrong with people? They're only the ****ing neighbours, we didn't know (or care especially) that they'd split up until he knocked to tell us that it had happened (he was clearly cut up about it and obviously wanted to talk to someone so of course we were happy to listen and be there for him but FFS).

We're too ****ing nice, that's the problem. If we know and get on with both halves of a separating couple we'll try if possible to be openly neutral, happy to be there for both, which only ever seems to lead inevitably to people being F***ING DICKCHEESES and blaming us for ****ing everything. :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: