US Triple Crown

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

CRFC Hammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

US Triple Crown

Post by CRFC Hammer »

The 1st leg of the US triple crown, the Kentucky Derby, takes place tonight at Churchill Downs.

There’s been drama already as the favourite, FORTE, had been ruled out this morning on veterinary advice much to the anger of the owners. This leaves TAPIT THRICE as favourite and he should go well. Japanese raider DERMA SOTOGAKE is an interesting entry, having won the UAE Derby earlier this year. ANGEL OF EMPIRE has solid form on dirt and has obvious claims.

I’m gonna take DERMA SOTOGAKE to overcome the dreaded stall 17 ( no horse has EVER won the race from stall 17 in the previous 148 runnings !). I’ll also have a small ew interest in KINGSBARNS who is the son of my favourite sire, Uncle Mo.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Re: US Triple Crown

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

thanks for the head's up..nearly forgot it was today..

:newthumb:
CRFC Hammer

Post by CRFC Hammer »

it’s the 2nd leg of the US triple crown tonight with the Preakness at Pimlico.

Only 7 runners and Kentucky Derby winner MAGE is odds on to take the prize. The race is lacking in quality and he should be good enough to give himself the opportunity of having a shot at a place in US racing history as a triple crown winner, however, the Derby was a tough race and at odds of around 6/1, BLAZING SEVENS has ew appeal.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Mage doesn’t look a great horse. Was a strange Derby he won last time out.

He’s certainly not in the American Pharoah category for me.
CRFC Hammer

Post by CRFC Hammer »

Totally agree about Mage and I think last night showed that you have to be something special to win the US triple crown as the 3 races are run over a short space of time. The Derby is a tough race and to have a horse back to race sharpness 2 weeks later at that level takes some doing.
CRFC Hammer

Post by CRFC Hammer »

Final leg of the US triple Crown is tonight with the Belmont Stakes getting underway just after Midnight UK time.

At last, FORTE gets to put his credentials on the line. That's all you need to know.