What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1583 likes
Total likes: 1730 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by wolf359 »

Diablo 3 season 30 which started on Friday. For me at least it is better in almost every way to Diablo 4. I know that opinion is in the minority.

I’m sad they are just letting it slowly die. (Maintenance mode as they call it).

So much fun, the season can be completed with out devoting your life to it.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1666 likes
Total likes: 515 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

EOTB - Floor 4, recruited a level 5 dwarven warrior - who has great stats! - found 9 arrows and loads of stones/daggers, so my missile game is on par and have now started fighting spiders. Poison is a bitch. Oh - I've also found a +3 ring of defence so my Dwarf is AC 0 - monsters are having a hard time hitting him!

I've made the classic mistake of not starting off with a mage but I'm coping.

Picking up your missile weapons you've fired is a chore, but you soon get used to it. Only 8 levels or so to go!
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Got near to the end of both Doom and AC Syndicate. Can't beat one of the bosses of the former so kind of packed it in, got bored of the repetition of the latter so called that a day for now.

Moved on to the Metro series. About 2/3rds in on Metro 2033 Redux (about £1.30 on Steam). I'm enjoying the immersion and playing a more linear game than the open world stuff I normally go for.

Ammo has to be conserved, so for the first time probably ever, I've let the AI allies kill the last of a horde of monsters rather than finishing them off myself. Every second in the tunnels feels dangerous, and despite being on 'normal' difficulty, I've died plenty of times already.

I'll most likely play the other two games in the franchise after this to round it off. Both are a couple of quid and should get me a dozen or so hours of gameplay each.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1181 likes
Total likes: 927 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Nearing the end of Act 1 in Baldur's Gate 3, thoroughly enjoying it.
wolf359
Has liked: 1583 likes
Total likes: 1730 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Diablo IV season 3. Not as good as season 2 but Blizzard are frantically patching the game after universal negative feedback. The end game should be good by the time I get there.

Playing Barbarian for the first time, enjoying it so far but only just got started really (level 28 I think)
WHU Independent

"I was out, really out, but Wolfie pulled me back in again!"

Now playing Diablo 4 season 3 - level 25 fire based sorcerer - but liable to change - Game level 2

I blame you wolfie. It's all your fault i spend all night on Diablo - and will probably spend more! :rofl:
swisstony
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by swisstony »

Picked up Enshrouded early access on Thursday night, Steam says I've played just over 27 hours already. Really enjoying it so far.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 2474 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Crysis 3 remastered. Decent story & visuals, action’s a bit meh. Doom has rather spoiled FPS’s for me though.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3469 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Power Wash Simulator. And yes, it's everything you think it is.
damiant
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 am Power Wash Simulator. And yes, it's everything you think it is.
Not a bad game just hard to see the bits.youve.missed sometimes
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 am Power Wash Simulator. And yes, it's everything you think it is.
I started playing that at the weekend.

Enjoyed cleaning the van but when it got to the neighbours garden it started feeling like a poxy job, and not a fun job either.
chelmsfordhammer91

Finished Metro Last Light yesterday. Pretty much follows on from the first game and the same sort of gameplay.

Very linear gameplay, with a couple of choices that have a impact on the ending, but the setting and combat felt really good.

Anyway, next week I'll look to complete the last in the series, Metro Exodus. That's a whopping £3 ish at the moment.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Helldivers 2 on PS5, also on PC.

This is going to be a sleeper hit for Sony.
Wasn’t sold on it until the most recent state of play where it gave off neat Starship Troopers vibes. The wanton violence and humor in a live co-op game where teams of four infiltrate planets to neutralize a dangerous threat to humankind across the galaxy has totally got me by surprise.
It looks solid, plays exceptionally well. There’s tons of weapons, artillery, support, armor costumes and other items to unlock to make you stronger and tactically more astute.
You can call down a laser cannot to obliterate a target, or napalm a nest of alien beggars cooking their eggs as they rage from their burrows.
There’s so much going on.

I’ve been playing for 6 hours and I have really got caught up in its action. It’s only been out since Thursday and the servers haven’t been perfect with matchmaking however it’s starting to improve. Took me about 10-15 seconds to join a game the morning.
I haven’t had this much fun with a co-op online since Left 4 Dead.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

From the Retro thread

The Revenge of Shinobi (1989) - Playing through this on the Pi with the determination to beat it this time without infinite shuriken and mashing the save button after every jump. The only time I can save is at the beginning of the stage (main not sub stages) and it is getting difficult, really difficult. Probably the second hardest game I've tried to play through behind Ecco the Dolphin!
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Gormalysis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:00 pm From the Retro thread

The Revenge of Shinobi (1989) - Playing through this on the Pi with the determination to beat it this time without infinite shuriken and mashing the save button after every jump. The only time I can save is at the beginning of the stage (main not sub stages) and it is getting difficult, really difficult. Probably the second hardest game I've tried to play through behind Ecco the Dolphin!
Revenge of Shinobi wasn't *that* hard. If you want a REAL challenge, try to complete the original arcade Shinobi on MAME. That was as tough a play through as I've ever experienced, and I could only do it on the xbox 360 by saving literally every few seconds to get through some of the latter stages. That said, games of this type were easier in the CRT era, with instant pixel response times & no input latency - timing stuff is close to impossible on a modern setup.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

In recent times, I've finished Crysis 2 & 3 (got bogged down in 1, will return to it at some point), Dead Space 1 & 2 (gave up halfway through 3 because the weapons system was pish), Halo Infinite (boring), Titanfall 2 (excellent).

Am playing through Wolfenstein New Order, which is great fun. Hard to believe some of these titles are from the xbox 360 era.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Wolfenstein new order was superb. Machine gunning sadistic nazis in their moon base? Don’t mind if I do 👍
WHU Independent

The last epoch - it's *****. You can't progress in changing areas as the servers are always down, there is no online tutorial, there is no key guide as to what key does what, the skills/passives and other trees look really complicated - all in all it's a mess. I'm thinking of getting a refund. Diablo 4 seems much more fun - oh yeah TLE played on on a high end pc with loads of memory still runs lke a dogs dinner - I've had to change the resolution and background textures downwards for it to run reasonably well.

I am not impressed.
chelmsfordhammer91

I've finally done it, started Witcher 3.

Managed a few hours yesterday, clearing most of the first map and finished that off today. I have a vague idea of what is going on and who is who, but I'm crap at remembering these exotic names and locations.

I don't think the combat is THAT bad, but I'm not a 'Souls' type gamer anyway.

The visuals look good (got everything running on ultra and tweaked down the ray tracing/sharpness as it wasn't looking right) and it has been running well.

I don't like the horse riding, it's a lot clunkier than in RDR2 IMO, but so far so good overall.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Vanquish. Christ, I’d forgotten how rock bloody hard it is.