As an American supporter, what's the best way to get single game Matchday tickets for visit in December?

For information relating to allocations for forthcoming matches and buying/selling/exchanging match day tickets. Touts will be banned.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio

FramingHammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

As an American supporter, what's the best way to get single game Matchday tickets for visit in December?

Post by FramingHammer »

I live outside of Boston and I'll be in London with my family from Dec. 24 to Dec. 30. I haven't been to London since I was a teenager myself in the late 80s and my son and I are really hoping to get to a match while we're there (hoping there's a home match -- I know the EPL schedule will be released tomorrow).

What's the best way for us to try and get two tickets for a single match? Should we officially join the club on the website to have a chance? Do tickets go on sale as soon as the fixtures are released? If there's no home match that week, do we have any shot at tickets to an away match? And is there a trustworthy secondary market site if we're frozen out?

Looking for general advice -- I know it's more complicated than getting tickets to a sporting event in the States -- and I'm hoping to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 286 likes

Re: As an American supporter, what's the best way to get single game Matchday tickets for visit in December?

Post by Igor_E7 »

For home games Season Ticket Holders can help, as we have short window after window for Claret Members closing to buy extra tickets before they go to open sale.

Sometimes it can be tricky to get 2 tickets next to each other this way though.

Buying Claret Membership is another option, quite expensive though if you are going to use it just once (and you need 2 of them I guess, not sure here but probably you can't buy extra ticket with it?)

Here you will also find quite a few offers later during the season.
FramingHammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: As an American supporter, what's the best way to get single game Matchday tickets for visit in December?

Post by FramingHammer »

Thank you!

It looks like the Boxing Day match is away at Southampton (do trains even run on Boxing Day? It's my understanding they don't). The only home match will be Liverpool on Dec. 29.

Is my best bet to buy a Claret Membership for my son (he's 19) and myself and just hope there are single match tickets released for that day (seems like a high-demand match)? Or should I just hope someone on this forum has tickets they can't use? Or am I better off just following the threads here?

In the USA you can always get tickets on StubHub and you can trust them. I know people make Prem tickets available on StubHub, but I don't know if it's as reliable/trustworthy in the UK?
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 286 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

FramingHammer wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:43 pm Is my best bet to buy a Claret Membership for my son (he's 19) and myself and just hope there are single match tickets released for that day (seems like a high-demand match)? Or should I just hope someone on this forum has tickets they can't use? Or am I better off just following the threads here?
You should be fine with CMs, just buy tickets as soon as window for CMs opens. It's also very often to be able to find tickets here.
r99c
Has liked: 840 likes
Total likes: 436 likes

Post by r99c »

Don't buy a membership. Can pick up pairs of tickets approx 10 days before through the official ticket site on general sale. Obviously you'd need the nerve to wait until closeish to the game though, but if no luck through there then post a thread in here and usually it's easy to get home tickets through here.