Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio

S-H
Has liked: 5983 likes
Total likes: 10298 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by S-H »

Now I love Monday, Mondays are working for meee
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 436 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I want a signed shirt framing and had a firm recommended to me. They don’t have a website for an e-mail query and neither do they answer the phone.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by last.caress »

thamesideiron wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:50 pm Radio DJs cutting the the ends of songs off...

Waterboys came on "Whole of the moon" which is a stop what yer doing song...j
Yes, he should've cut that one off a good five minutes early. I agree that it's a "Stop What You're Doing" song, though: As in "Stop What You're Doing and Shut That F***ing Radio Off Before You Have to Listen to Whole of the Moon by The F***ing Waterboys." :)
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2994 likes
Total likes: 650 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:41 am I want a signed shirt framing and had a firm recommended to me. They don’t have a website for an e-mail query and neither do they answer the phone.
A good friend of mine has got a picture framing business in Melton Mowbray, he frames a lot of football shirts many of them for a hotel in Leicester where the away teams stay.
He hasn’t got a website but I can send you his contact information if you want.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Hammer.CA wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:37 pm A good friend of mine has got a picture framing business in Melton Mowbray, he frames a lot of football shirts many of them for a hotel in Leicester where the away teams stay.
PM me, please. I just worry postage will be high.
Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:36 pm PM me, please. I just worry postage will be high.
I’ve sent you a message.
Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA »

My mistake Jim, he has got a website.

http://www.fourwallsmelton.co.uk/
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Hammer.CA wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:35 pm My mistake Jim, he has got a website.

http://www.fourwallsmelton.co.uk/
I’ve worked with customers and clients for years. Some businesses can be a shambles. You surely have a phone covered?!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 2007 likes
Total likes: 2248 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Football commentators who, as has just happened, say "They were saved by the woodwork". No they weren't. If the ball hits the 'woodwork' it has missed the goal.
You'd think a professional commentator would know the object of the game.
Colne Dynamo
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 2915 likes

Post by Colne Dynamo »

Bastards

Colne Dynamo

Post by Colne Dynamo »

Dp
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Our whole team has been moved to a new line manager and whilst initially we was told that our roles would stay the same the new manager has now decided we are going to drop what we are currently doing and work on what he wants.

The work we are being proposed to do I did a few months back on secondment and absolutely hated it and managed to get back to my original role quickly, it now seems the only options I have is to either crack on with the new work or resign as there is no way I'm going back to doing what I was doing at the start of the year, it affected my mental health and made me a grumpy b*stard for three months.

I'm not sure legally they can change the job description as its not what my employment contract says. I thinking it will go the way off we're making your current role redundant so apply for the new role or resign. I've been at my current work place 1 year so any redundancy package will be worthless
old fart
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by old fart »

Footy
Eastcote
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Eastcote »

Just walking back through my local park three kids loitering one with a empty litre bottle in his hands swinging as if to throw it gave him a look and mouthed you ******* dare. Walked past and a few steps later smash twat smashed it in the path turned around gave him a few choice words pick it up or else and to be fair did but his mates all started having a go. A rew more words about having to walk my dog through the glass and the verbals back then the bit about a old man picking on kids etc. Got out of the park and someone who backs onto the park asked I needed help with them! Ruislip High School you know how to turn them out
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Hammer.CA wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:37 pm A good friend of mine has got a picture framing business in Melton Mowbray, he frames a lot of football shirts many of them for a hotel in Leicester where the away teams stay.
I’ve contacted a number of framing businesses and your friend so far is the only one to reply.

In my last job we took staggered lunches to cover phones and were rota on e-mails.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1968 likes
Total likes: 2659 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Gastroenteritis. Had it for about a week and still not over it.
Colne Dynamo

Post by Colne Dynamo »

Today was a 9 hours Teams call to resolve a major issue. I think that's my record so far. I feel like a zombie. And what did we achieve? Not a lot.

I might have mentioned before that I ****ing hate Azure.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1863 likes
Total likes: 577 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Maybe a help for your rat issue CD? https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/lif ... 2841&ei=38
Colne Dynamo

Post by Colne Dynamo »

WHU Independent wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:23 am Maybe a help for your rat issue CD? https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/lif ... 2841&ei=38
I think they're coming in through the drains... in fact I'm sure of it as we've found a great big access point! The chewed pipe pictured above - we followed it back and it looks like the push joint has popped out of the soil pipe leaving a nice big hole in the soil pipe for rats to get in from the drain. Hopefully that will solve things. I'll never get rid of them from the garden as I can't stop a certain someone from feeding all the animals in the area! There's bird feeders everywhere and the spill seeds all over the floor. Getting rid of all those would be a big help.

I did buy a couple of ultra sonic deterrents to go in the loft. I've caught more rats in the loft since I put them up there than ever before!

The plumber is here at the moment sorting it.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:05 pm Them talking over music in general. Our local station (Radio Jackie) has presenters who genuinely believe people listen to hear their pearls of wisdom, not the music. Typical would be jabbering on about cake or toothbrushes over Layla, or motormouthing over David Gilmour's solo in another Brick In The Wall.
We've been here before, haven't we JJB.

The top two on that station are: Neil "I'm down with the kids and cool with everything" Long and Mick "I know everything about everything when that thing is current" Brown.

To be honest, they're all pretty much the same: "Well this morning, I had a bowl of muesli, topped with yogurt and a banana, washed down with a glass of orange juice. Text/email/instagram/X me and tell me what you've had".

How about shutting the f**k up, play the music and if you're going to talk, maybe give us some interesting information about the track.