What did you watch last night?

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Re: What did you watch last night?

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

mumbles87 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:21 pm You need to watch the big bang theory if you have never heard of her
Thanks , Mumbles -

There are quite a few American made programmes I missed due to working late shifts when they aired first time around - The Wire , Six Feet Under , The West Wing , The Big Bang Theory being 4 that come to mind - never seen any of them [ well , I did give The Wire ten minutes before giving up on it ] .
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Watched The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee concert and twas a mixed bag. Some good, some bad and several artists I’d never heard of before.
However I must say the Paddington sketch was wonderfully charming. It made me smile broadly and was a highlight of the day for me.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

The Shallows

I’m a sucker for a shark film. I don’t care if they’re crap and they almost always are. This one is actually rather good. It’s relatively believable, surprisingly thrilling and some of the camera work is genuinely brilliant ….and Blake Lively defo works in 4k.

Unexpectedly decent. :newthumb:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Blow
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Friday -
Britain's got talent
It's been a few years since I've seen one of these. The 'talent' was mostly terrible Some little kids on scooters and a comedian were as good as it got.

The King's Man
I was expecting this to be terrible. It was actually a half decent origins story tied in with events leading up to and during The Great War.
Certainly went a long way to blotting out the memory of the abomination that was The Golden Circle.

Saturday -
Operation Mincemeat
A crushing disappointment.
The tale of a quite remarkable true story ruined by an almost certainly fictional office romance. Some things don't need sexing up. I found the various sub plots really distracting. As for British Officers saluting while not wearing caps, just lazy film making.
If you're interested in this, do yourself a favour and watch The Man Who Never Was. A far superior film.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Finished the last series of Bosch, really good crime drama. Considering doing Bosch Legacy before I watch the latest series of Stranger Things and The Boys.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Finale of Stranger Things. Great stuff.

The first half of episode 1 of season 3 of The Boys. Oh dear... :lol: even more insane and depraved than usual.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Watched the finale of Season 4, Vol I of Stranger Things.

What a beautiful show this is. I love how dark season 4 is, the nods to the horror films of old throughout, with Freddie Kruger obviously having a large influence on one of the characters and Robert Englund himself having a cameo.

It’s within my ‘elite’ bracket of television shows. One of the greatest series ever made.

There has been some talk of the show being slow in places but I think it’s near perfect, the mix of genres rolled into one with the nostalgic 80’s element to it which they’ve perfected. It’s nothing short of genius.

Can’t wait for Vol II.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

Metal Hammer wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:29 pm Finished the last series of Bosch, really good crime drama. Considering doing Bosch Legacy before I watch the latest series of Stranger Things and The Boys.
Just finished the first season of Bosch Legacy. Really promising start. I had to drag myself through Bosch on occasions because I felt it could be a bit dry and slow at times. Legacy ups the pace a bit I thought, really enjoying it.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Watched the first episode if the 2nd series of The Outlaws(BBC)

Not always sure about 2nd series but this was very promising.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

OFT wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:08 am Watched the first episode if the 2nd series of The Outlaws(BBC)

Not always sure about 2nd series but this was very promising.

Our boy had a full on day out yesterday with friends he hadn't seen in ages - fishing from a rib off Portnalong , jumping in from said rib into the sea followed by a barbeque and drinks - of course we were worried about the drinking that may go on , would they all be pissed in the boat , would they be driving home half-cut etc etc so when he came home late last night a little tipsy but in great spirits I stuck on The Outlaws so that we could calm down again . :grin:

That's some cast they've managed to put together and S2 E1 started off very brightly .

p.s. We needn't have worried as the lads brought their girlfriends with them to drive them home . :grin:

Oh , and Wales won - all in all a fantastic day .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:29 pm Finished the last series of Bosch, really good crime drama. Considering doing Bosch Legacy before I watch the latest series of Stranger Things and The Boys.
thanks for the recommendation

watching toward the end now of the first series.

agree that it can be a bit slow and dry at times, but I think it settles the characters down and at least let's you know who's who and what's what.

hope so anyway and not just a way to pad out 10 episodes.

2 of the major characters from The Wire do distract me a bit...

thanks though

:newthumb:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:19 am Our boy had a full on day out yesterday with friends he hadn't seen in ages - fishing from a rib off Portnalong , jumping in from said rib into the sea followed by a barbeque and drinks - of course we were worried about the drinking that may go on , would they all be pissed in the boat , would they be driving home half-cut etc etc so when he came home late last night a little tipsy but in great spirits I stuck on The Outlaws so that we could calm down again . :grin:

That's some cast they've managed to put together and S2 E1 started off very brightly .

p.s. We needn't have worried as the lads brought their girlfriends with them to drive them home . :grin:

Oh , and Wales won - all in all a fantastic day .
silly bugger that I am..thought that was all about you and the family getting out fishing on the boat.

read it again and you sill sod was talking about a telly show !!!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Declan having a stormer followed by the (half) season finale of Stranger Things.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Final instalment of Silent Witness.

Despite early reservations I really enjoyed it, and Sam Ryan still a 'goody' Phew!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

OFT wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm Final instalment of Silent Witness.

Despite early reservations I really enjoyed it, and Sam Ryan still a 'goody' Phew!
it was pretty decent, left quite a bit short though.

spoiler..

the Chinese lad accused of killing his mum was a bit rushed though.......

and Jack losing his dad, the ex cop going above and beyond....Simone finding her lost nieces..

:chin:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

OFT wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm Final instalment of Silent Witness.

Twas never in doubt
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I've been watching The Sinner, halfway through the third series. Really good, and Bill Pullman is great in it*.

* as Billy Bragg
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Korea Hammer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:29 pm I've been watching The Sinner, halfway through the third series. Really good, and Bill Pullman is great in it*.
Love all of them, cracking show.

Season 1&2 were the best for me.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Something about fighting travelling folk on Netflix while I dozed off, Knuckle I think it was called.